Divinity: Original Sin 2

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So far this game is a 10. Playing Fane as a summoner/geomancer. I'm still on the island and if the game is like this all the way through then it might be one of the best rpgs of all time. Lone wolf helps out a ton at the beginning it seems.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sulrn

Deuces
Main gripe so far mirrors the ease of which it is to pick fights (especially doing "normal" RPG stuff). Definitely need to train myself to not click on things for contextual information like every other RPG has trained me to do.

Should get better as I retrain myself?

Needless

Toe Sucker
i lost like 15 minutes last night because i went to talk to the lady beside Griff, who was standing on an item, that i 'attempted to steal' accidentally... 3 times in a row because the cursor would prioritize the item or something. That was annoying and i had to reload.

I now press F5 a lot more often lol

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Main gripe so far mirrors the ease of which it is to pick fights (especially doing "normal" RPG stuff). Definitely need to train myself to not click on things for contextual information like every other RPG has trained me to do.

Should get better as I retrain myself?

It depends. If you're prone to using the snarky answers even just to see what happens you're going to get a lot of flak and/or fights. You can always cycle through your team of characters to talk to NPCs if you hit a point where they stop talking to you as they each have a fresh attitude. Unless the NPC is racist =O

When all else fails save scum it up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pyros Pyros

You can use the "Wings" poly spell to move your rogue around without the ground effects.
Yeah forgot to check the polymorph vendor after I leveled and it updated with rank 2 spells I think maybe cause I don't remember seeing it. Levitate was like lvl 1 scoundrel shit back then so it was easier. Should probably get it for my tank too. And my mages really, shit's gonna be expensive.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I started off last night thinking i'd make my guy a 2 Hand frontliner and just pump necromancy (went fighter as i was afraid there wasnt good inquistor int based gear in game). Then thought rogue > ranger > fire mage would be good start focus but man that fucking rogue dies so god damn easy its not funny. And my custom guy doesn't do nearly enough damage that i would hope~ So of course even though i only played for few hours and was slow as fuck i restarted today :)

Going my main guy a summoner since death seems likely alot and ressuraction spells were fucking expensive at least early on so figured i'd let my summons die instead. Going to put the red prince as a straight front liner this time sword and board and then probably another mage and ranger so i can try and not get so much damn AE damage.

So far, pretty damn good game but agree on the item interface and clicking people....fuck i've killed my own people a few times because they were on fire sitting right on top of the enemy and i didnt see them hah. I really wanted to play a rogue but think for the first play through i'll go with more ranged and 2nd play through go back to a rogue.

Caliane

"O" toggles top down camera remember. makes clicking on things much easier usually.

downloaded and installed game. Cracking my knuckles and making some coffee to spend the night puzzling out char creation. If it is anything like the original, that is likely all I will get done tonight lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I'm almost done with xcom 2 war of the chosen on my commander play through but I really want to stop it right now because of all the awesome post you guys are making.

DOS Was one of my favorite games of all time is this game really that much more Crisp? I feel like this could be 1 of the top games of all time for me then

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
One question for anyone who is playing right now how big is the difference between having lone Wolf on both characters and none at all

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Party size of 2 for double lone wolf vs party size 4 without. Just a different way to play the game, typically a bit harder.

Bonuses seem very similar to the first game, maybe slightly less AP gain? Been a while since I've played the first one, but AP in general seems lower.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
They nerfed it for EE so maybe they kept that level of AP gain. I did dual lone wolf last time, thinking maybe 4 is more fun this time around.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Shit is amazing as expected. Fane as my main as a Summoner, Red Prince as Sword/Shield Warfare, Sebille as her Rogue-self, Ifan as Wayfarer. I am extremely lightish on magic damage since Summoner doesn't do a lot naturally (unless you are in a battle with an elemental patch so you can pop an elemental summon) + elemental arrows. I was kind of stuck for a while trying to get through Fort Joy (mostly finding enough xp to get to level 4 so I could beat the Houndmaster), eventually I cleaned up all of the quests, then rolled through everyone in the fort. Murder everywhere! Before I had to leave for work today I was exploring the swamp on the other side, only fight that really has got me was the first Voidwoken who is in the pit with the necrofire and summons a bunch of skeletons immediately. Was not prepared....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2 questions.

Is there an in game wiki? Information seems way spread out over the webz.

Are status effects always blocked if the respective shield is up? Do they always go through if said shield is down or is there some saving bonus roll/penetration for each scenario?

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Any lines on game discounted? Debating trying to see if I can get the wife to play but that's a big crapshoot for $45.

Rime

<Donor>
Rocking Summoner, Mage, Sword'n'Board, and a Rogue (but focusing on Ranged weapons). Seems to be going good so far, so long as the enemies are not (*U!LKAHE!KJ#H teleporting crocodiles =)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good with my comp. Main ifan as a battle age (focusing on dw melee and hydro instead of fire), beast as sword n board (though playing around with 2hander axe I found), sebille as a ranger and lohse as a summoner. Been having a good time with that set up

2 questions.

Is there an in game wiki? Information seems way spread out over the webz.

Are status effects always blocked if the respective shield is up? Do they always go through if said shield is down or is there some saving bonus roll/penetration for each scenario?

I'm going to go ahead and say it. The Divinity system seems to be best enjoyed straight up. It is that good. I would just have fun figuring it out.