Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah thats the one, I meant to say I died laughing him look at me like wtf?

I havent had access to the global channel either.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah thats the one, I meant to say I died laughing him look at me like wtf?

I havent had access to the global channel either.
The current patch turned it off due to apparent insult / profanity spam. I haven't noticed. I closed the window when I first loaded up the game, never opened it up again. I didn't want spoilers.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, I installed the editor and used the norbyte unpacker. I looked through all the .txt files but didn't make any changes. I get the error that the mod 'main' is invalid or corrupt. Which means I can't make any new games! Anyone else have this issue?

*EDIT* If you're a nub like me and mess up the main mod somehow I guess just removing the 'main' folder from your 'mods' folder solves the problem.

Grimsark

So, I installed the editor and used the norbyte unpacker. I looked through all the .txt files but didn't make any changes. I get the error that the mod 'main' is invalid or corrupt. Which means I can't make any new games! Anyone else have this issue?

*EDIT* If you're a nub like me and mess up the main mod somehow I guess just removing the 'main' folder from your 'mods' folder solves the problem.
Yeah I am biding my time playing through the OC while I await the coming flood of accessibility from Larian, for the tool. And I have to say, I have not been this engrossed in an RPG since 1998.
What little I've managed to figure out, or read from others, is that its nigh impossible (edit: currently) to do anything but change some settings for the OC.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh Jesus, I didn't realize you could shift click items on the ground. My virtual kleptomaniac just died of happiness.

Grimsark

I have to say that the goblins in the forest are perfect. And I absolutely love the way they utilized map space.

I am going to enjoy messing with the OC art assets. Seeing what they have managed to create gets me all warm and fuzzy thinking about what I'm going to do with it.
So many things I tried to do with NWN2, and failed, I've already seen done in this. So my brain is virtually exploding, as I wait right now.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone is interested in doing a CO-OP playthrough PM me I'm available all weekend and most week nights. Also, as some pointed out earlier you can't change stuff in the main campaign only add mods to it.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Can't get my rogues or rangers to perform as well as my two-handed tanks. I've got four different playthroughs going (only really continuing with two of them) and it's the same situation in each one: if I've brought a bow or dagger character, they suck. If I haven't, the game is so much easier. 1h+shield fighters are alright but shields don't really seem good enough to compensate for the loss of damage, nor is the added survivability from blocking really needed because the big threats are spells and environmental damage. If something hits hard, I just cast Fortify.

2h fighters are just so much better than everything else I've tried, except mages which are kind of their own thing and can't really be compared to the physical archetypes. Between the much higher survivability, the better damage range of two-handed weapons and the much more brutal skills, it just doesn't seem to be a contest. Ranger and rogue skills are so defensive and underwhelming whereas my knight is carrying the party with two different PBAoE whirls, a charge skill with longer range than a bow, a veritable lay-on-hands that's up in every fight, and of course much higher armor and health.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
2h fighters are just so much better than everything else I've tried... Ranger and rogue skills are so defensive and underwhelming whereas my knight is carrying the party with two different PBAoE whirls, a charge skill with longer range than a bow, a veritable lay-on-hands that's up in every fight, and of course much higher armor and health.
I've kind of noticed the same thing, even though I'm still in the first town. My cleric is using a 2h weapon and is kicking the crap out of stuff. My ranger just plinks away from range. Hopefully he gets better or I'm going to have to just invest in other skills for him.

I've found so many things to do in the first town, and I haven't even explored the whole thing yet. Not looking for spoilers, but does it matter, in the big scheme of things, what order I do things? I keep reloading my saves to see what else there is to do before I continue. So far I've found 2 exits from the city to explore, a grave cave (for lack of a better word) and in the healer house what appears to be a big part of the story that has something to do with a healing stone (don't want to spoil anything for anyone reading this)....and I haven't even gone to Aureas' building yet, which I think the main quest was trying to have me do before I entered the city.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So far in terms of power it seems. Rogue>Knight>Caster>Ranger, huge gap between Rogue and everyone else when you get to backstab.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So far in terms of power it seems. Rogue>Knight>Caster>Ranger, Huge gap between Rogue and everyone else when you get to backstab.
Until you have to break down Evelyn's door to her house.

Jesus that was a strong ass door.

Loving this game immensely , so much fun. Went with a Ranger and Fire/Earth mage along with the companions who i went 2 hander and water/air and its working out very well. Love the item system but it makes me reload on the good chests if i dont get something i can use. But hey , its making the game that much more fun for me really and i dont mind rerolling a few times , gotten some cool uniques from bosses and got a unique buffalo amulet with no stats as im sure it fits into something later in the game due to the description. But very fun , in Silverglen and the 1st area fully completed besided the head which i fucked up due to failing the earlier quest for it. Dunno if i can still get it without killing everyone around it?

iannis

Musty Nester
Rangers are craft heavy. Special arrows turn them into pseudo mages. A rog with guerilla and high sneak skill is no slouch. But yeah, the risk is with npc aggro. Plenty of times I buttstab a hard mob just to have it ignore madora, turn around, and comically wreck me. Have to end your rounds with a sneak, where possible is my lesson learned. Hard to do that with low skill points. And really you can do good low risk derpsing with a 2H arms master. Gotta get my RP on though.

Stabbity death. Splash level in barbarian.

Anyone figure out how to craft trap kits? I've looked a little and experimented some. No luck on the disarm kits yet.

Have to admit -- I've bought and played most Larian games and enjoy them for what they are. It feels like with this one they took it more seriously. It shows. I was expecting "entertaining, acceptable" and they've delivered "surprisingly good!" Good enough even that they may be able to steal some of Obsidian's upcoming thunder.

Grimsark

Rangers are craft heavy. Special arrows turn them into pseudo mages. A rog with guerilla and high sneak skill is no slouch. But yeah, the risk is with npc aggro. Plenty of times I buttstab a hard mob just to have it ignore madora, turn around, and comically wreck me. Have to end your rounds with a sneak, where possible is my lesson learned. Hard to do that with low skill points. And really you can do good low risk derpsing with a 2H arms master. Gotta get my RP on though.
Have you tried combining your rogue with the 'Stench' talent? It makes Mobs much less likely to target the character. Just make sure that character is not your 'talker' because it damages attitude.
(Note: You'll eventually be able to reset your builds and re-assign points in the end of time.)

Hannibal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rangers are the worst designed class in the game. My rogue can use all the specialty arrows since their effectiveness and damage is from Dex/weapon not expert marksmanship. XBows are trash too with 6AP per attack. Barrage and Arrow spray damage does crappy damage. They have 3 different debuff cures which require you to be within 3m of the target to use which is bloody stupid for a ranged character. Hydro magic has 1 spell instead of 3 that cures everything the ranger can except poisons with a 1 turn cooldown. Ranger also has a disease spell ... that has a 3m range requirement too, hydro magic has a mass disease spell that hit everything in a huge radius. You get the ranger disease at lvl 10 and Hydro at 13, Hydro disease also only costs 7AP/1 Turn CD to the rangers 6AP/8TurnCD. Best ranger spells? Ranged silence - 16m range 8 Turn CD ; Ranged Charm - 15m 6 Turn CD.

TL;DR - Rangers suck balls

Moving on ... I've got the stench talent of all my characters except the tank and it's tough to tell if it's actually working since my rogue and Madora still get targeted regularly by melee mobs. It would be clearer if we knew how aggro worked in this game, do they aggro from damage like MMO's or distance or how easy it is to hit certain characters.

They should tie aggro in with armor specialization. Higher ranks on that skill = higher armor = higher aggro since no one other than the tank would take that talent.

Caliane

Classes are just "suggestions" man.

Like my rogue sure is good... But I hardly use ANY scoundrel skills. Just haste. Almost never use invis, definately not trip, knockdown or anything. Starting using charm. mostly for lulz. Not like I need it, with spider tanking.

Grimsark

Moving on ... I've got the stench talent of all my characters except the tank and it's tough to tell if it's actually working since my rogue and Madora still get targeted regularly by melee mobs. It would be clearer if we knew how aggro worked in this game, do they aggro from damage like MMO's or distance or how easy it is to hit certain characters.

They should tie aggro in with armor specialization. Higher ranks on that skill = higher armor = higher aggro since no one other than the tank would take that talent.
If its anything like I think, its a relative thing. Stench would make a character less likely than others to get attention, but if 3:4 members have stench then 75% have similar draw for attention and thus the talent becomes moot. My only member with Stench is almost never singled out when there are other members near by the mob. So I know for sure its working.

Hannibal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got a melee heavy team with my 2 mains as rogue and tank along with Madora and Jahan. The tank just runs in buffed distracting the melee mobs and eating spells while the Rogue and Madora just drop the casters and archers. Stuns and knockdowns work extremely well on these mobs because they've got low bodybuilding.