Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Caliane

Picked this up last night and loving it so far. Haven't done much except the initial battle and doing the first dungeon. Haven't gone to town yet.

I initially picked cleric and fighter for my 2 characters, but after reading about the companions you get I rerolled as a cleric and ranger so I have group variety early on.

One thing I don't like necessarily is after a conversation you get bonus points in different things, and you have no clue what that bonus point will be in. After dinking around for an hour I had a bonus point in 4 different things, which means I had no bonus in anything (only the highest of the bonus points will actually do anything for your characters).
no, you get all those bonuses that are not opposed.
Lets see what I have atm:

Pragmatic vs Romantic
Altruistic vs Egotistical
Independent vs Obedient
Bold vs Cautious
Righteous vs Renegade
Compassionate vs Heartless
Spiritual vs Materialistic
Forgiving vs Vindictive

But yeah, if you go back and forth within a single one, you get nothing. which as said, encourages power gaming. And alot of those bonuses are pretty big.

My wizard has pragmatic, bold, Righteous and Forgiving atm.
My rogue has pragmatic, and Forgiving.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going through the game exclusively with a friend of mine. This is some fun shit.

I'm playing cleric, since I can really make him more of a battle cleric and he's the Shadowblade or whatever. It's close to playing real DND without a DM. Constantly undermining eachother by talking to NPC's and not being able to see what they said. Arguing with rock paper scissors over who gets to make X choice. Getting loot before someone else... and not saying what was found. Cleric has absolute SHIT for action points early on. Often takes me multiple turns to actually hit something. But the Shadowblade can run up and double attack three times in one turn.

My one gripe is that it gives you quests... and you are often far too low level to do them. We're only in the first area, but we go to the Undead area and all of the undead are level 5 in groups of seven or more and we're level 3. Still haven't figured out which one is level appropriate. I suppose it will be trial and error. This is a real gem. How abilities work together.. or collide is some goddamn brilliant shit.
Quote from above on multiplayer

Grimsark

Anyone found anything comparable?
(At lv 7 and Req. only 9 Str)
rrr_img_70397.png

Every time I think I've seen the best item for a level I find a better one... There is something to be said for this random loot mechanic. Irritating, yes, but it keeps you guessing and hoping for the next drop. Reminds me of Borderlands in that respect.

Raign

Golden Squire
Anyone found anything comparable?
(At lv 7 and Req. only 9 Str)
rrr_img_70397.png

Every time I think I've seen the best item for a level I find a better one... There is something to be said for this random loot mechanic. Irritating, yes, but it keeps you guessing and hoping for the next drop. Reminds me of Borderlands in that respect.
Yeah, I am not at home but my knight has two 'Orange' (artifiact?) level 2 handers that require 9 str that are a bit nicer. I will post them when I get home. Both came from the ornate chests from the pillar event.

Grimsark

Yeah, I am not at home but my knight has two 'Orange' (artifiact?) level 2 handers that require 9 str that are a bit nicer. I will post them when I get home. Both came from the ornate chests from the pillar event.
I have not figured that puzzle out yet... Haven't tried very hard, but I am resisting the temptation to look up the solution.
wink.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have not figured that puzzle out yet... Haven't tried very hard, but I am resisting the temptation to look up the solution.
wink.png
The audio queues you get when you hit the switches should help. Need to do it ASAP because the loot has potential to be amazing
Two areas one near the fire elementals and one near the sick zombie dog(both really close to each other), you press the switches in the proper order just keep going as long as they say something positive, once they stop reacting you are done. Go to the next area, kill a mysterious stranger and get the pendant loot, complete that pillar puzzle and go back to the first one you did and kill that mysterious stranger, loot the pendant and go down the next trap door right next to the pillars. Place the square and circle pendants and enjoy 4 ornate chests with high chance of orange loot(quick save/load before opening each one.

Also crafting is really important in this game, combining all kinds of goodies in my inventory, still trying to figure out what I can combine with Magic skull(skull+pxie dust) or magic claw etc. Figured out needle and thread than combine that with pixie dust to get magic needdle/thread and can combine that with cloth scrapes but not high enough crafter at level 4 to see what it makes. REALLY want to see what I can make heh.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Latest patch:
ew update fixes repeating voice and other things-Update your game-
What ever happened to taking a holiday. LOL

Today's update contains a number of hot fixes for the biggest issues you've been reporting. Your DLC problems should all be sorted out now too.

-Zandalor's Trunks will now talk
-Fixed the repeating voice problem that drove everybody bananas YAY!
-Muted banter voices while in dialog or trade
-Fixed crash with open inventory/skill tree on level swap
-Removed Intro Movie loading jitter
-Disabled saving to Steam Cloud again because its size is too small for our save games. We are going to compress the save games first and then reactivate it.
-Fixed problem with UI and save games
-Fixed Silverglen bad script crash
-Fixed problems with preview window in editor
-Fixed problems with game not starting after changing main campaign data with editor

Going to have to start a new game again
frown.png
Potions not working is making fights impossible. Pro tip minor spoiler for easy level (with a little luck),
Head out the North gate where Rob(the zombie, GET IT?!?!) is just outside, kill them and continue in similar direction until you get to a graveyard with the mad gravedigger or whatever his name is, he will summoner like 50 exploding goblins, you run the fuck away for like two rounds and they bunch up, plink one with a fire attack of some kind and the chain reaction is glorious for 500XP times however many mobs, I got like 23K XP or so was

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The audio queues you get when you hit the switches should help. Need to do it ASAP because the loot has potential to be amazing
Two areas one near the fire elementals and one near the sick zombie dog(both really close to each other), you press the switches in the proper order just keep going as long as they say something positive, once they stop reacting you are done. Go to the next area, kill a mysterious stranger and get the pendant loot, complete that pillar puzzle and go back to the first one you did and kill that mysterious stranger, loot the pendant and go down the next trap door right next to the pillars. Place the square and circle pendants and enjoy 4 ornate chests with high chance of orange loot(quick save/load before opening each one.

Also crafting is really important in this game, combining all kinds of goodies in my inventory, still trying to figure out what I can combine with Magic skull(skull+pxie dust) or magic claw etc. Figured out needle and thread than combine that with pixie dust to get magic needdle/thread and can combine that with cloth scrapes but not high enough crafter at level 4 to see what it makes. REALLY want to see what I can make heh.
What do you mean it's really important? I've only done a few combines so far. Been storing a ton of junk behind the house with all the crafting tools though.

Raign

Golden Squire
I haven't really explored the crafting much yet (aside from the very obvious stuff like attach arrow head to arrow), but think I will play around with it tonight if for no other reason than to clear out my inventory some.

Have not seen anyone mention the Rogue in this game yet but much like the Baldur's gate series, they seem pretty crazy over-powered (the somewhat flaky back-stab mechanics aside).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What do you mean it's really important? I've only done a few combines so far. Been storing a ton of junk behind the house with all the crafting tools though.
Potions/scrolls/arrows, all make a difference in the hard fights. Can improve gear as well.

Grimsark

Strangest thing just happened... I entered black cove for the first time and immediately took the waypoint home. Now the entire main Cyseal map has been reset. My plot points are still good, and all the in NPC's remember me, but all enemy encounters on the map are reset. Including random loot boxes.

This isn't normal is it?

Edit: No I have not patched yet. I disabled it to prevent any unknown bugs for now.

Edit 2: No this cant be normal. Every picture, cup, etc is back... I get to steal it all over again! HA!
tongue.png

Raign

Golden Squire
Strangest thing just happened... I entered black cove for the first time and immediately took the waypoint home. Now the entire main Cyseal map has been reset. My plot points are still good, and all the in NPC's remember me, but all enemy encounters on the map are reset. Including random loot boxes.

This isn't normal is it?

Edit: No I have not patched yet. I disabled it to prevent any unknown bugs for now.

Edit 2: No this cant be normal. Every picture, cup, etc is back... I get to steal it all over again! HA!
tongue.png
Damn, I hope that happens to me when I get home!

Grimsark

Whoa its even worse (or better) than that... Everything in the entire town is free to take. No ownership of anything. Its a thieves paradise!
(I cant stop myself from taking it all... Ugh...)

iannis

Musty Nester
Larian is rubbing it in our faces with those patch notes! Buttholes!

Congratulations Belgium Red Devils on a well deserved victory! And congratulations USA for making it an offensive game and showing such fighting spirit, what a keeper! !

You know it's a good game when you keep restarting because you think there's some other neat thing that maybe you could do.

Grimsark

Going to have to start a new game again
frown.png
Potions not working is making fights impossible...
Anyone else had issues with the latest patch? Steam is forcing mine to update and I have half a mind to disconnect in order to prevent it.

Raign

Golden Squire
The couple of items I mentioned earlier Grim.

rrr_img_70460.jpg
rrr_img_70461.png

No issue with the patch here... at least from what I can tell so far

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pressing ALT turns on labels for ground spawns. Is there a way to make that a toggle? I quickly looked in the options but didn't see anything. I find myself keeping that button manually pressed 90% of the time I'm playing and it would be nice to have it always on.

Grimsark

Pressing ALT turns on labels for ground spawns. Is there a way to make that a toggle? I quickly looked in the options but didn't see anything. I find myself keeping that button manually pressed 90% of the time I'm playing and it would be nice to have it always on.
I played once with a character that had a total perception of 9 for the majority of the beta build (10 later on) and have not noticed any more treasure 'seen' on the ground than this play though where the highest perception is 7. Still found all the rubies, diamonds, and pearls too.

I am thinking either you need a ludicrously high perception for it to matter, or there simply isn't much use for it as its currently implemented. Also, 95% of all the stuff I've noticed this way were crafting ingredients, which means that if you have ignored that side of the game in exchange for more combat skills, then 'other than traps' you can mostly ignore Perception. Especially if you take the 'Light Stepper' talent on one of your party members and give them a few +1 Perception equips.

In the big picture, I think its better to focus on Sneak/Pickpocket as there is ample opportunity to max out your Pickpocket(at 5) and grab like 950gp per attempt. (if you can find a deep pocketed NPC with few others that can see you) (Edit Note: if there is more gold than you can steal, it will automatically select the max you can steal without auto fail)

edit:
In other news I figured that elemental puzzle out... I was a little disappointed in it to be honest. :/ But then how difficult can you make something like that and expect players to 'get' it without looking it up online.