Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Grimsark

Anyone else experience issues with the level jump between the first and second halves of LucForest?
I found myself only Lv.12 fighting Lv.14 mobs in that constant 'slow' sand storm.

Since I really don't want to have to replay the majority of the Cyseal content in order to test it, can anyone verify that zoning between maps resets the shroud and all the non-scripted content, such as non-surprise encounters and non-plot related environmental loot? I've asked a few times and I am beginning to think I am asking a stupid question.
wink.png
If my play through is bugged, I think I should share it on the Larian forums.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Since I really don't want to have to replay the majority of the Cyseal content in order to test it, can anyone verify that zoning between maps resets the shroud and all the non-scripted content, such as non-surprise encounters and non-plot related environmental loot? I've asked a few times and I am beginning to think I am asking a stupid question.
wink.png
If my play through is bugged, I think I should share it on the Larian forums.
Not had anything reset when moving between any locations (including the Black cove or forest). No respawning encounters or chests.

Grimsark

Check it out...

Length
This is a sword I found recently. I added an Air Essence to it to add the Air Damage.
rrr_img_70743.jpg

I then, placed it in the Wetstone Wheel, and the boost was applied to all three damage types.

rrr_img_70744.jpg

Total damage with Lv.5 Two Handed.
rrr_img_70745.jpg

Hannibal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else experience issues with the level jump between the first and second halves of LucForest?
I found myself only Lv.12 fighting Lv.14 mobs in that constant 'slow' sand storm.
Lucullin questflow is damn confusing since the entry level quest is so vague you end up exploring the map and doing lvl 14/16 content at level 12. It should be White Witch > Planes > Mines > Desert > Crypt.

Grimsark

Yeah it seems to be they didn't have as much QA done in the 'After Cyseal' content due to the way they parceled out the Early Release build. :|

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
really wish you didnt have to hold alt most of this game -_-
Best workaround is to use AutoHotKey, since you need a thing that not only holds down Alt for you indefinitely, but it also needs to know to release Alt anytime you hit the Esc key rather than send Alt-Esc to the game (which minimizes it). Might be other problem keys too, such as Tab, F4, etc. but I'm not at home to check. It's a fairly simple script, at any rate.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
there are some mods that help with ui and gameplay issues. I strongly recommend the "speed up party runspeed" one, e.g.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Once you get to second area, be sure to take Ruby up on her offer for a good time. Best 250 gold I ever spent.

Grimsark

Lucullin questflow is damn confusing since the entry level quest is so vague you end up exploring the map and doing lvl 14/16 content at level 12. It should be White Witch > Planes > Mines > Desert > Crypt.
Forgot I upgraded to the collectors edition as an award for Larian making such a damn good game. It came with some simple design notes.

Including this gem.
wink.png

rrr_img_70769.jpg

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Loving this game. Restarted 3 times now and sticking with the group I have. Best kickstarter game to date.

Raign

Golden Squire
Check it out...

Length
This is a sword I found recently. I added an Air Essence to it to add the Air Damage.

I then, placed it in the Wetstone Wheel, and the boost was applied to all three damage types.

rrr_img_70744.jpg

Total damage with Lv.5 Two Handed.
rrr_img_70745.jpg
Hah, I use the same one on my knight Grim. It is an absolute wrecking ball.

Addressing some of the earlier posts:
- Playing with two lone wolfs is much harder than a party of 4. Playing on hard with 2 lone wolf characters is VERY difficult but possible - you will absolutely need to try to fill the gaps in your party with character development - e.g., I have a knight/rogue and my knight has points in Hydromancer for ice elemental, rain (best spell in Cyseal...), and heavy regen, my rogue doubles as my archer and I keep her well stocked.
- If you are playing with 2 or even 3 using lone wolf you will be doing a lot of reloading to learn how the fights flow to get the positioning down (for example against everyone's favorite source king, I think it took me eight-ten reloads on hard)
- I have played a lot of strategy games, but I can honestly say I never played one where the environment can have such a dramatic impact on the fights. If you are losing, look for places you can use this to your advantage, even if it means pulling the mobs some distance away (e.g., I took literally 0 damage killing that skeletal general on the east end of Cyseal, despite his and his 6 friends best efforts...)
- For Cyseal, Rain spell is godlike. Fire resists pay huge dividends. Those two things alone will save you time and time again. Hang on to any poison resist gear above level 8 yet get as well as you may need it soon....
- Water barrels, thrown onto fire, will burn and then turn into a steam cloud that will prevent burning (similar to rain spell), giving you an area where fire mobs are affected by weak, and you are immune to burning

Grimsark

It seems I figured out how to fix my issue. And at the same time I managed to figure out how to reset the non-plot content (combats, and visibility too) in any zone you re-enter.
wink.png
Its essentially cheating, as you need to altar an .lsx file to do it (it seems I did so accidentally when messing with the editor early on, before they patched it).

Edit: It helps of you have an xml editor.