Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Marple_sl

shitlord
Not sure if its already been posted, I used the search and didn't find anything.

Quick Info:
Top-Down RPG
Round based combat
Very interactive World (You can combine all sorts of things together)
Reminds a bit of a Pen&Paper Session
SDK ships with release
Multiplayer Coop up to 4 Players
Platform: PC
Release: TBA

Website:http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/movies.php?cntr=US

Halloween Video (latest Video):

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Divinity, as in the divinity where I become a fucking dragon again? Sign me up.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hey, these fuckers are right here in Sacramento! I wonder if they have any stalkers yet?

I'm already intrigued by the Divinity series, and having it be a turn- and party-based rpg is pretty much an automatic backing from me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
whow, turn based? As in not like divinity2? as in ff7?

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Seems like they don't mind shaking up their gameplay for their series. Divine Divinity was a diablo clone. Divinity 2 was Elder Scrolls with zones. Now we're looking at retro Final Fantasy?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't think it's very FF-like, sure it's turn by turn but so are tons of games that don't have anything in common. The way they interacted with the environnement and turn by turn mechanics made me think more of like X-Com or similar games, just in obviously a completely different setting. In fact it strongly reminded me of another kickstarter project I saw a video of recently, the Shadowrun game. But it's coop and stuff so there's some differences, but still much closer to that or old RPGs on PC like Baldur's Gate, than FF.

Looked very interesting at least.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BG or DAO style gameplay is fine by me, but I'd still prefer Divinity III follow Divinity II's gameplay /shrug

Sean_sl

shitlord
BG or DAO style gameplay is fine by me, but I'd still prefer Divinity III follow Divinity II's gameplay /shrug
Probably a budget/funding issue. This game looks great and I'm going to pick it up, but I would definitely love another big ZOMG I'M A DRAGONS Divinity game. Hopefully they, or someone else, make another game like that in the coming generation.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Seems like they don't mind shaking up their gameplay for their series. Divine Divinity was a diablo clone. Divinity 2 was Elder Scrolls with zones. Now we're looking at retro Final Fantasy?
Ah, so I did remember that right - I originally ignored this one as I remembered divinity being some eastern euro diablo clone, and d3 has pretty much ruined the genre for me. Then I saw the video and was confused, and figured it must be some other game with a similar name.

Was Divinity 2 any good btw ?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Ah, so I did remember that right - I originally ignored this one as I remembered divinity being some eastern euro diablo clone, and d3 has pretty much ruined the genre for me. Then I saw the video and was confused, and figured it must be some other game with a similar name.

Was Divinity 2 any good btw ?
Divinity 2 was great and totally different from both this game and Divinity 1. It was like half Elder Scrolls-ish with more compact areas and half turning into a dragon and flying around and destroying shit in the sky in big open areas.

Grab the Developer's Cut on Steam for 20 bucks, absolutely worth it.

There's also the Divinity Anthology for 30 which has Divinity 2 DC, Divine Divinity, and Beyond Divinity.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I wonder if they're in a bit of a bad spot, in terms of money. This game has been announced quite a while ago and many months later they're having a kickstarter. Anyways, if somebody hasn't played Divinity II yet, make sure to get the Dragon Knights Saga version, it includes the addon and fixes a ton of issues the game had.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
It sounds like the game is pretty much good to go for their release date, but they would like to add some more depth to the story line and more quests, thus the kickstarter. They've used their budget in making the game but want it to be larger, thus the kickstarter. They want a second design team adding more npcs, dialogue, quests, etc to make it an even richer world.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It sounds like the game is pretty much good to go for their release date, but they would like to add some more depth to the story line and more quests, thus the kickstarter. They've used their budget in making the game but want it to be larger, thus the kickstarter. They want a second design team adding more npcs, dialogue, quests, etc to make it an even richer world.
Sounds like bullshit to me. It's much more likely that they ran out of funding to finish the game.