Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
ha. honestly like 40% of the game occurs in that town. There is a ton of stuff to do, talk to everyone.
As for getting destroyed. this is a common mistake. Guards, and npcs will worn you, but its easy to misread, or overlook. Exit west, out of the west gate, (or secret exit.), but not to the western beach. the beach is like level 8, or so iirc. When leaving town its west, north, west-beach, east iirc. then on to new area. level 3 is fine for the actual western forest.

you can have a full 4 members by the time you leave town. starting two, and 4? npcs, to pick 2 from.

The only companions who matter are Medora and Jahan the other two suck.

Madora pump leadership and survivability. Jahan pump water and air and dual wield. Staffs suck. He may also be a decent wand build but I never use him that way.

Also once you get the halls where companions go you can buy nonverbal companions...also can stick the ranger chick next to an oil, ooze, cooking pot, anvil, and whetstone and pump crafting for infinite money. Axe + log then branch+branch = staff that sells for $$$$

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Also you can steal anything unimpeeded with walk in shadows. And if you get +pickpocket gear you can rob everyone blind once.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Did not really enjoy this game. Too silly and whimsical world and story, with too much "oi, look at me, oi 'ave a silly british accent", but I wasn't a fan of the original game either, with the cluttered environment that's more of a pain to interact with, and what is the deal with having enemies move around on their spots during combat, so when you click on them to attack, it's easy to miss as they change position slightly and instead walk up to them.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
One of those games I really want to finish but I'm not sure I ever will. I finished the first act when it came out and then kinda lost interest. Started again with the EE, but I'm not really enjoying the trial and error approach to fights and there are far easier games to get into :-/

This is way after the fact here, but why would you really want to finish a game you're clearly not that in to?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This is way after the fact here, but why would you really want to finish a game you're clearly not that in to?
Story, sense of accomplishment, getting my money's worth, some games can just have rough patches and I really had a blast playing the first 10 hours or so. It's just really hard to come back to an RPG if you don't finish it

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm late to the party on this, but holy shit great game. Been staying up waaaay to late. Just finishing up the first area.

Enjoying this more than Pillars of Eternity or Torment. Both great games but this is so unique in many ways. It reminds me a lot of Ultima 7 but with actual good tactical combat.

BTW, the 6-man party mod is frickin awesome. Lets you recruit all the followers and not just 2 out of 4. Very nice on my first time through because I can try out way more builds.

Steam Workshop :: 6 Man Party

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I only recently got into this game (~6ish weeks ago) and stopped playing because I had no idea of where the Cyseal quests were gonna end and two because ME:A came out and I was butthurt over that game. I think I was in the middle of the mystery at the beginning, where you had to go and see three different people figure out which of them did it.

Interesting game and an interesting take on RPG's. But I just haven't found time to go back and revisit it.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought this game on day 1, but only recently finished it. A buddy and I played the first twelve or so levels co-op, but he got busy with work and we forgot about it. I came back and picked up where we left off and finished it around level 21 or 22. It's easily in my top 10 favorite games of all time and I am super excited about the sequel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Turns out Telekinesis is the most OP skill.

TLDR: if you Telekinesis a chest onto a victim they take 1 damage per pound the chest weighs. With Telekinesis 6 you can throw a 4000 pound chest 20 meters for 2 AP...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Welp, finished it after 86 hours with 1 aborted party maybe 6 hours in. Thoughts:

+ base game mechanics, combat, graphics, world building are all fricking awesome
+ the log SUCKS, way too little info, near useless for many quests
+ many of the puzzles are just way too abstract - instant Google for many of them

Divinity 2 will be amazing with same gameplay but better log, less shitty puzzles, more combat. I notice that only 5.7% of players finished the game - "Grande Finale" achievement. They will have succeeded if that rate is higher in Divinity 2.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I think the town is what stops most people from finishing. There's just way too much shit to do there and it can seem never-ending. I'm still looking forward to the sequel, the combat alone puts it above all the other iso rpgs released recently. I just hope the game has better pacing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
... and less humor that probably wasn't funny in Flemish, and definitely isn't after being translated into English. Won't happen, but a man can dream.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
So we are in agreement then as a whole, the game rocked was in so many ways but oh Lord that town act was the worst setup for an rpg ever.

I'm looking forward to 2. Not much longer and I haven't spoilered much.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
... and less humor that probably wasn't funny in Flemish, and definitely isn't after being translated into English. Won't happen, but a man can dream.

Yeah, this is ultimately what prevented me from being able to finish the game. The mechanics were a huge breath of fresh air and probably some of the best in a recent CRPG, but goddamn was the constant barrage of "humor" annoying.