Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Magical Unlock are scrolls only and static spawns/finite in numbers afaik.

Caliane

lol, it's funny cuz in the first map where you go towards the orcs and there are all the mines on the ground. I swear I spent a good hour just getting to the orcs. I'd run...hit a mine, lose 80% of my hp...I'd sit there and regen all my chars up to 100%.....only to hit another mine...and do it all over again.

Then I was like...wait a min, I could just un-chain my chars and do 1 at a time...unfortunately I already spent a good ~hour before I figured that out. fuck my life....

either way, this game fucking rocks. I'm like ~15 hours in single player and I've replayed a good ~8 hours playing with my brother with a different character...I love it.
biggrin.png
Or just shoot them with spells/arrows from a distance?

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Or just shoot them with spells/arrows from a distance?
I didn't have enough perception (i think it is) to actually see them. I still actually have to go back and finish those orcs off because when I cleared to them I saw they were still too high a level for me so I just left and haven't been back yet.

Nwodaz_sl

shitlord
I didn't have enough perception (i think it is) to actually see them. I still actually have to go back and finish those orcs off because when I cleared to them I saw they were still too high a level for me so I just left and haven't been back yet.
If you know some area is full of mines you can just blanket it with fireballs to clear them, or with Midnight Oil + Flare if you don't have Fireball yet.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I might've found shears that always spawn in hiberheim at x329, y192.

nate_sl

shitlord
A buddy and I are going to start a coop game this weekend. I haven't played the game yet, anything I should know to make the experience better?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
A buddy and I are going to start a coop game this weekend. I haven't played the game yet, anything I should know to make the experience better?
I think not knowing makes the experience better. You know?

nate_sl

shitlord
I think not knowing makes the experience better. You know?
Sorry I should have been more clear, I'm asking about logistical things related to playing online coop, ie make sure the posting hosting has these minimum computer specs, you need to save both characters to one persons machine, make sure to get this mod for coop play, etc. I'm not asking for game spoilers.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So am I missing a "good" ending or anything? End of the game it hard crashes if I try and use the soulforge dialogue with Leandra and no amount of reloading/backtracking makes it work.

iannis

Musty Nester
I was gonna ask if anyone has been having stability issues since the patch(es). My game will also either hard-lock and I have to task-manager close it or it straight up turns my computer off.

So I'm thinking they added a very serious "basic instructions" level bug with one of these patches. I'd almost worry that some hardware was shitting itself, but otherwise this system is perfectly stable.

And then I thought it might have been the drivers that I updated recently. So I rolled my drivers back to the version that I know for a fact worked with D:OS, and it's still crashing in the same places in the same way. Gotta be the client itself.

Well, hopefully the fix it soon. I used their report tool but looking through those reports I just don't see how any of it could possibly be useful to them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've not had any problems up until there. It's talking to Leandra when she first appears in the garden. If I try and use the soulforge dialogue at all the game just instantly shuts off. Tried it like a dozen times reloading from various previous points and no dice =\

I hope I'm not missing out on a better ending.

iannis

Musty Nester
Figured it out, it was hardware. Had a fan die and it was overheating. So not the same problem.

What happens when you do that , people around you poof....could be a reason on why the game is quiting out on you. Also as far as i know only one ending you kill the bad guy credits roll hehe.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I completely fucked up the order in which I did things. Went from

1) Cyseal
2) Found the white witch's hut
3) Looked everywhere for Maradino's spell to break the barrier
4) Finished the mines and got all the way to the goblin village before I realized I should probably go back to see what was up with that white witch
5) Hit level 14 and found the barrier breaking spell
6) Got to Hiberheim and everything was level 10-12

Then it all made sense why I had such a huge difficulty jump from Cyseal to Luculla (level 9s to level 14s)... I skipped an entire region of the game... I'm back on track now, and I'm not letting myself get sidetracked and sticking with the main quest so I don't have super hard fights again.

Raign

Golden Squire
I've not had any problems up until there. It's talking to Leandra when she first appears in the garden. If I try and use the soulforge dialogue at all the game just instantly shuts off. Tried it like a dozen times reloading from various previous points and no dice =\

I hope I'm not missing out on a better ending.
Spoilering it for obvious reasons

There is a big battle with the Demon followed by the Void dragon. Pretty epic. Followed by a lot of story arc from the goddess. Sorry you are missing that, really sucky to not be able to see the end, I am sure there is a YouTube out there

That said, have you tried joining someone elses game at the end? See if that works? I ask because I am sure I have my save right before the final battle, you could try jumping into mine in multiplay so at least you could see it

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
I fucking hate the death knights in the mine. On a hilarious side though I had Madora in a fight with two death knights and it was impossible to end. She had courageous and couldn't retreat, and resisted death every time she was "killed" and healed back up due to leach. And she couldn't kill them either so it was an infinite fight until I just reloaded. Awesome game though. I really want to do some modding too when I finish the campaign.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't read any of this thread to avoid spoilers but this is the best iso RPG since BG2. It is flat out amazing.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Does loot degrade if you save/reload a bunch? Ive noticed it going from 2 greens all the way down to bread or water if i keep reloading.

Raign

Golden Squire
Does loot degrade if you save/reload a bunch? Ive noticed it going from 2 greens all the way down to bread or water if i keep reloading.
Just bad luck. I found the opposite. I usually would go from crap to legendaries after about 10 'rerolls'. You get a feel for which chests have the good stuff though. Anything with 4 magic items has a solid chance of at least one unique/legendary, and some chests the best you can hope for is a scroll or a pot. Also, watch for the lore level you need to identify the item. Items that need a lore level 3 to id are higher/stronger than those at 2 (generally I found a green level 3 about the same quality as a legendary 2).