Do you have health insurance?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fair enough. When ACA went into effect I was going back to school post Air Force enlistment, so I had some basic coverage through the campus and VA.

Not much to compare on my end. I will say that pre-ACA it’s not like the US can claim we have the best healthcare system. It’s pretty shitty how insurance/pharma/etc has such a stranglehold, especially since we have some the very best medical institutions.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Because someone necro'd this thread, I clicked on it and saw Porkchop Porkchop 's OP:

$200/month... How far we've fallen. I pay $1700/month now. Thanks Obama

Interesting. I would for sure pay 200 now. My last company covered a flat $100 per month for our insurance and I was paying about $720 per month. Fucking bullshit. Now i'm unemployed and have no insurance. I use an interesting life hack though for my prescriptions. I take random classes at a community college and use their First Stop Health app to request a doctor to call me so I can get refills. They call in like 5 minutes, I don't need any prior approval and usually i can pickup the rx the same day. Usually each rx is around $14 so i'm only paying $40 per month to keep up on my prescriptions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My wife and I are starting new jobs. My cost is dropping 60% per month, moving the kids to my wife’s coverage and will be more than 50% cheaper for them too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users