Doctor Strange (2016)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I thought it was a pretty nifty trailer. I wonder if we will get a glimpse of Dormammu in a later and longer trailer?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I thought it was a pretty nifty trailer. I wonder if we will get a glimpse of Dormammu in a later and longer trailer?
Hmmm? We did see Dormammu, he's the guy with the trippy room:
u8annwg93asr9xbsve33.gif

a6vp2hufucw11yaxgtjo.gif

Brad2770

This movie is going to be pretty awesome. I liked Dr. Strange. I never owned his comics, but a friend did and I read a few. I probably wouldn't have liked him (or understood him) as much if I didn't play D&D.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I always thought Dormammu had fire face. The guy with the trippy room almost looks like Baron Mordo.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
No. But I'd guess that he got his powers and creepy eyes from him.
I'm guessung Kaluu, it fits with a previous piece of info that the big bad is someone who has an alternate path from that of the Ancient One.

Dormammu is totally an excuse to go crazy CGI effects (ie LOTR Balrog).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Trailer looked good to me and I don't know shit about Dr Strange. Will watch cause Marvel.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I always thought Dormammu had fire face. The guy with the trippy room almost looks like Baron Mordo.
He does... i'm thinking we'll get a glimpse at him at the end or somewhere really briefly kinda similar to how they handled Thanos.

Emergency Awesome is a good inside source or fairly accurate in his speculation. Here's his breakdown.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
No. But I'd guess that he got his powers and creepy eyes from him.
There were also some Cthulhuesque old god types kicking around in some of the Dr Strange stories, I'm not really familiar with any of them though.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Baron Mordo and Ancient one look nothing like the comics, as for Mads I dont think they have said who he is playing but its a good chance is Dormammu

NE2YBO80rDy356_2_b.jpg

4619355-1280.jpg

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
IM 2, IM 3, AoU, Thor Dark World, and First avenger arent that well liked or held up with time. Dont forget the Incredible hulk where they got rid of Norton and just switch Mark to take his place

Devlin

Golden Squire
I don't doubt the movie will be great but I don't think that was a very good trailer at all.

What are the kaleidoscope powers all about?

I know next to nothing about Doctor Strange.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
My favorite theory I read to whom Mads was was Magus, and the disciples were of the Universal Church of Truth. With the whole Doc Strange supposedly being tied directly to one of the stones or more info on them. Magus relation to Thanos just seems to kinda fit, plus whitehair/eyes that are 'similar' and look cosmic. I don't know the details of the comics, other than he was more relative to Adam Warlock. I could see that being upsetting to most fans though, but i'm sure Doc Strange movie would be littered with info on all the other bads through similar visions of the celestials in GotG. It's marvel, and they like to interject their movies; AoU. It seems him n Mordo are pals at the moment, and jumping straight into Dormammu story would be a massive leap with no buildup.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I imagine Mads will be tied to Dormammu in some way since its the go to villain for Strange but I better see some confirmation of this glorious bastard in the film for the inevitable sequel.
rrr_img_131091.jpg

joz123

Potato del Grande
If anything Nightmare would be in it instead of Shuma since the first movie looks like dreams could be involved.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
I know (knew) nothing of this story line. I pushed play on the trailer thinking "this has to be where the Marvel shark jumps."

Boy was I wrong. Minus the whole comic book aspect, the movie looks completely fantastic.

Although I think Johnny Lee Miller would have made a better neurosurgeon... Ah, I kid, I kid.

Obviously Lucy Liu does....