Doctor Strange (2016)

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I am so excited for this movie. hype level over 9000

I plan on seeing it at an IMAX place with "Dual 4k laser projection system with new optical engine providing unparalleled 3D brightness". I am not sure where that ranks on the quality scale. but it sounds cool.

Gonna be sooo stoned.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was trying to find a comprehensive theater database surrounding IMAX type, screen size/type, audio setup, and whatever else. This is as close as I could get and doesn't really have everything:

US Theaters

Fadaar

That guy
I'm not a drug user at all but I wish I was able to smoke a few joints before going to see this. God damn you FAA and your rules.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sounds like a mix of the Doctor Who theme and the Diablo 1 Tristram music.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It goes into a little bit of the Doctor Who theme around 1:20.

Overall it sounds like it has many types of music interwoven into one another, which makes sense if you equate music to worlds.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
First reaction are out on twitter.

The good, Cumberbatch is great, it's weird, different than anything else Marvel has done. It's visually spectacular, the main action set piece worth the price of IMAX 3D alone.

The bad, it's not the best, not even top 5, it's another origin story(I don't mind an origin story personally), some of the humour is out of place.

Overall seem to be extremely positive.

Full reviews are not available yet.

I can't wait.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like most Doctor Strange comics, average stories with great visuals. He's really only got two antagonists anyone cares about anyway with Dormammu/Shuma'Gorath, will be the first IMAX 3D I'll see though so still looking forward to it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The comments on the IGN article is about what I expect and it's not a bad thing necessarily... decent movie, great hero, meh villain, and an origin story leaving you waiting for the next role. I'm cool with waiting for where Dr. Strange goes next. I'm glad people will get to see his origin. You have a remember to most people, he's not an established character to the general viewer and you can't throw the biggest villains at these guys in the first movie so the villain complaint doesn't bother me.

This is pretty much Ant-man to me and honestly Ant-man is one of a favorite movies in terms of enjoyment and replay value. I'm pumped now more than ever. As long as Cumberbatch is a good fit and the establish that this character is going to be something to look for to, i'm totally cool with that.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
not being an established hero is a poor excuse for a lackluster villian. marvel really need to figure out why they can't make anything other than cardboard cutout villians