Doctor Strange (2016)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
There will be some Doctor Strange stuff on the bonus feature of the Civil War blu-ray. The let out a snippet:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't read any of the DS comics so my exposure is limited to the few cartoon tie-ins (90's spiderman, anime movie), in one of them I believe they said they cloak their presence so that normal mortals don't see the weird mystic shit they do when fighting dor'mamu and his minions. Will be curious if that continues here or if people lose their mind when Inception hits

I imagine they'd go the route of "you can't see this mystical shit unless you're trained to" instead of them cloaking it all the time.

spronk

FPS noob
kinda weird, screenings for the first 15 minutes of the movie (THATS IT) on Oct 10th in theaters and you get a poster. Have to sign up for it here
SeeItFirst

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The little 15m screening was pretty awesome. Lots of IMAX bendy-wendy shit going on, probably not going to drink much before seeing it, lol. Not sure if it confirms a Mads Mikelsen 'true form' but there was definitely another big dude in a few clips that I hadn't seen before.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Was the 15 minutes similar to what they did with GotG? It was the entire jail breakout scene. No clips to speak of, just one long scene.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No, it was probably four different scenes, abbreviated obviously.

- Some banter with him and Rachel McAdams that transitive in to his wreck (2-3 min)

- Showing up at the Temple and meeting Tilda Swinton then bring introduced to the astral plane CGI shenanigans (5 min or so)

- Library with Benedict Wong and learning montage (another 3 min)

- Remainder was the big chase through the folding worlds, over the buildings, falling, magic, magic, then some more astral plane 'battle' shots.

It flowed pretty nicely and didn't spoil anything except what I'll say below:

during the big chase scene there were brief shots of him taking to / fighting some huge astral face with glowing eyes. It didn't look inferno-like to be dormammu, but who knows.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Same, IMAX here we come! Of all the Marvel films, I feel this one will be the best in IMAX.

Yeah, until Infinity War gets here this seems like the one that will have the most to gain from the format.

IW is being shot completely in IMAX.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Out here, there's 2 "big screens" in town. One is a Regal Imax. The other is a theater chain called Consolidated. They have the largest screen on the island with the best audio, but it doesn't have assigned seating. On top of that, the 3D glasses are the battery powered flicker kind found in most 3D TV's, as opposed to the Imax "Real" 3D. So it's a brighter image. I'm seeing it opening night (thursday) at Imax, then at the Titan theater the next Tuesday for around $10 total. Can't wait. Plus, this is a great chance to see which theater I actually like better.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Regal and AMC do not have real IMAX screens, they have projectors made by IMAX for their substandard screens.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's a little more than that. There's 3 tiers of "Imax" theater technology.

1st one is in Museums and things like that. Giant rooms that are dedicated to nothing but Imax movies.

2nd one is in "some" theaters. These are rooms built as the theater was being built that are dedicated Imax rooms. They have the same screens and sound systems that a museum theater has, but they don't have the same video projector. The rooms is also a little smaller than a true Imax. The projector they use looks great for that type of theater, though.

The 3rd one is what most of the "imax" around the country use. They retrofit the largest room in an old movie theaters with a bigger screen (not as large as Imax, but not far off) & better sound. It's decent, but isn't true Imax by a long shot..

------------

Anyway, I used to frequent the United Artists King of Prussia (Pennsylvania) theater for ALL of my Imax movies. They're a 2nd tier theater, so it was absolutely worth it for me to go there. Plus, it saved an additional hour on a trip driving into the city, not to mention gas and parking fees. That theater kicked ass. The one they have out here is a 3rd tier Imax, but unfortunately it's the best they have.