Doctor Strange (2016)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trailer didnt do shit for me and Swinton as the ancient one is bad and weird

Inque

FunEmployed
I just...I just wanted more and that trailer did jack shit to get you pumped up...

The above video was a much better representation of the shit I expect for Doctor Strange. Not Inception.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah that definitely has an Inception vibe going on. And I'm not digging Swinton in thatat all. Imagining eastern mysticism wrapped up in that package is ... jarring.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I'm super on board for this movie, but yeah, that trailer kind of didn't do what it should have. This is still going to be awesome, no worries here.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Is Cumberbatch doing an American accent? That'll be weird.

They're definitely going trippy with the visuals. I know jack shit about Dr Strange, so I have no clue if that's in keeping with the source material, but if nothing else it seems like it ought to provide a decent visual distinction between "magic" and "superpowers".

Not the best trailer Marvel's done, but it does a reasonable job setting the stage. Now if the next trailer includes some action sequences, that'd be great.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Cumberbatch has done American accents many times. I was really impressed with him in Black Mass after his Hamlet sucked ass. Most British and English actors do John Wayne because our hard vowel system. Just soften your vowels. Especially a.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Ah. The only roles of his that I really know him from are Sherlock and Smaug, so I'd never heard him without the British accent.

Plus, with a name like "Benedict Cumberbatch," don't you just kinda assume he'd be physically incapable of speaking anything but the Queen's English?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
So with the whole "this reality is one of many", can we just have him be in an alternate reality and end up in MCU at the end of his movie so I can bust a nut and we can finally get marvel multiverse?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Will Doctor Strange interact with the Avengers storyline at all? Would be cool to see him interact with the X-Men actually and have them have no idea how to explain how he is able to do what he does. Someone mentioned they might try to explain it via quantum mechanics. Also, just out of curiosity, given the nature of his abilities, has he ever broken the fourth wall in the comics?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think he's a good fit for the Avengers universe also. Especially since they've already introduced Scarlet Witch as a magic user, even if we don't know it's magic. They definitely can't call her a Mutant, so it makes sense.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that definitely has an Inception vibe going on. And I'm not digging Swinton in thatat all. Imagining eastern mysticism wrapped up in that package is ... jarring.
I am biased; I recognize this. But really, Chow Yun Fat wouldn't have worked 1000 times better than Swinton? Does shaving her bald do anything? Nope. Motherfucker James Hong, you know Lo Pan, would have been a better choice. Maximum Over Rustle!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I liked it, but this wasn't Marvel's best trailer.

It felt like a "Who is Stephen Strange?" trailer rather than a Doctor Strange one. It does make sense I guess since they finished filming like a week ago, everything seems to be from the beginning of the film.

I'm hoping the second one will give us more Doctor Strange, the part that disappointed me was that I really wanted to see him cast a spell...I'm so curious as to what the visuals for that will be.

Royal

It felt like a "Who is Stephen Strange?" trailer rather than a Doctor Strange one.
I don't have a problem with them working that angle in the first offering. He's an obscure Marvel character as far as general audiences go and his name alone doesn't give them much to go on (unlike say Ant-Man). This was a good introduction on that front but it doesn't give fans who are already familiar with him much to get up for.

Royal

I am biased; I recognize this. But really, Chow Yun Fat wouldn't have worked 1000 times better than Swinton? Does shaving her bald do anything? Nope. Motherfucker James Hong, you know Lo Pan, would have been a better choice. Maximum Over Rustle!
Even if they were set on the Ancient One being a female, they could have cast someone who was a better fit for the theme. Square peg, round hole (no pun intended).

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
It will probably be some excuse like he/she takes its form from your mind so you see what you want. This version is seen from Stange's PoV. Still weird to see it on screen though.

Wonder how much origin will be in this? Marvel said they are done with traditional origin stories, but this trailer is clearly his origin. But as Royal said, he's not a main stream character for Skippy Joe and his wife and kids.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Marvel lied. Ant Man, Deadpool, etc... I think Marvel only said they were done with Origin stories because the first Deadpool sucked ass.