Doctor Who

Malkav

French Madman
I like the lesbian lizard woman. Although I have never been able to figure out why they made her a lesbian.

It's not like I care. It's just sort of "well. Ok?"

That was a Tennant Episode wasn't it?

They were recurring characters during Smith run.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I just can't remember when they introduced her and if there was actually a reason for making her a lesbian. I do remember vaguely that it was a journey to the center of the earth style episode.

There wasn't any real reason to make captain jack gay... but I didn't care about that either.

In conclusion, I'm cool with some reptile girl on human girl action.

Chris

Potato del Grande
i thought it was a better story this week too, i was expecting people here to be talking about how its another "dont do this or else" episode. next week they get to dress up in their old english costumes like they do every season for the last 8 years.

Oh shit, it is... you ruined it!

So we have "what if normal thing isn't thing", "don't do normal thing", "aliens in BBC period costume department" and "recurring baddie defeated in nonsensical deus ex machina"... any tropes I missed?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh shit, it is... you ruined it!

So we have "what if normal thing isn't thing", "don't do normal thing", "aliens in BBC period costume department" and "recurring baddie defeated in nonsensical deus ex machina"... any tropes I missed?
well, iannis already covered the "i'll be right back" , the doctor says and is off by several years thing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was going to say that's usually a punch line and not the whole episode, but Rose, Amy and Arya Stark all had episodes like that. Amy more than once too.

Genesis of the Daleks is the most memorable for me and does none of that shit, landmine mutant wastelands, mad scientists, nuclear war, Daleks and pondering if you have the right to genocide the Daleks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Was the oath and the vault answered in 'Class', the spinoff show? I feel like it has something to do with that show, but I do not have much interest in watching it. I may watch the first episode since the Doctor has a small part, but I just hate the concept overall.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Genesis%20of%20the%20Daleks%202.jpg

Some reason I enjoyed Sun Makers. Think its the beginning with all the taxes and overwhelmingly cost.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Capt jack was OMNIsexual. Male, female, alien, trans, he didnt give a shit. He was gonna stick his dick in it if it winked at him.

Also, i was never sure if the reptile lady was actually the same one from the episode with the earth swallowing people. Its the same actress, but she played two parts in that episode because they all get made from the same DNA stock.
Dont mind either way, though.

well, iannis already covered the "i'll be right back" , the doctor says and is off by several years thing.
That was me >:-(

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Re: lizard woman, they mentioned she had a sister as a way to explain seeing her earlier (kind of like how Martha had an identical twin cousin that died at Torchwood).

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lizard woman coming back is awesome if she has her lesbian wife, but what about Strax? Loved the psychotic potato dwarfs desire to use laser scalpal mines and acid

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Good episode tonight. Bill is proving to be a very good companion. A few great Doctor lines throughout as well. The scene with the fuel blocks was A+ lol.
When Nardol...
was checking on the Vault, I was waiting for the knocking to become the 'Sound of the Drums.' Plus he said something about company in there. Is the Doctor collecting Masters?

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It was better than the space dragon in the moon episode.

Strax is fucking awesome. Those 3 need a spinoff.

I got confused at the end scene. Probably a combination of getting tired and i'd been drinking a little. Does anyone have a transcript of what nardole said?

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Ya, I am under the impression the Master is on the other side of the door. Guessing it might be a cage to keep any tardis like object from exiting.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, the nonsensical morals of the doctor and the constant chiding/soapboxing those nonsensical morals is getting to me as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
All I know is Bill makes me realize just how much I disliked Clara. I think the chemistry between them is way better also.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, the nonsensical morals of the doctor and the constant chiding/soapboxing those nonsensical morals is getting to me as well.
haha, when Whitey MacWhiteyman turned out to be the main villain happily admitting to oppressing and exploiting everything including fish monsters, my eyes rolled so hard i thought they were gonna jump out of my head.

but the Doctor who has murdered billions of entire species is ok because he felt bad about it afterward.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Doctor has never liked people who fuck over others for personal gain. The Doctor's road to hell is paved in good intentions.

Chris

Potato del Grande
A lot of black people in Victorian London. It's be fine if they left it as a joke (when Bill brought it up) about modern actors in historical settings, but they had to add The Doctor saying "whitewashing" which makes it not a joke...