Doctor Who

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh I remember seeing that same article, and had the same reaction of wanting to throw up. My question for this dumb bitch is, were you seriously just saying that because of an Indian companion or is she just a complete moron? Hi, initial reboot with Eccleston, we had an interracial couple, and what could be argued the first black companion of the reboot, Mickey. Then we got Captain Jack, who was an omnisexual, basically - still counts. Then not even 2 years later we get a second minority companion, Martha Jones. Here come's Capaldi, and we get a 3rd minority companion, and she's a carpet muncher to boot. Sure maybe there wasn't every shade of the rainbow in the show since the reboot, but i'd like to think they've been pretty god damn fair with it all.

Are these diversity faggots really this nearsighted when it comes to shit like this? Is that why so much of this diversity shit is being shoved in our faces at once this season? Because they honestly felt the series was so completely void of any semblance of color, that they have to go overboard cram as much of it they can down our throats at once?
Donna had an interracial romance. TWICE

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Doctor Donna had a type, for sure.
Donna like dat BBC.

I just watched Kerblam the other day, and I think it's my favorite of the season so far. It felt a LITTLE more like classic Who, but still not a great episode. The villain seemed a little out of nowhere and thin, but idk if I'm being nitpicky. It's not like previous Who hasn't had weak villains before, but they were often at least fun. It felt like we were supposed to take him seriously, but the first half of the episode he's setup as some humble, half-idiot, but suddenly he's the criminal mastermind that fooled everyone?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think chibnail was more interested in making woke content than making interesting Doctor Who content. which is why the show feels boring and chibnail is already rumored to be leaving.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think chibnail was more interested in making woke content than making interesting Doctor Who content. which is why the show feels boring and chibnail is already rumored to be leaving.

Whittaker out, too. Which means the show has been a total failure.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pat Stacey: Right wing Doctor Who haters are lying - series is far from failing with Jodie Whittaker - Independent.ie
Not that you’d believe it if you read certain British papers.

Reading the below-the-line comments on some of these dailies’ websites after a Doctor Who episode is a nauseating experience that leaves you wanting to rinse your eyeballs with Optrex.

It’s like plunging into a sewer of misogyny and racism. Regular complaints tend to include the following: “Too many women. Too many black and brown faces. Too many namby-pamby plots, smuggling in messages about racism, imperialism and inclusiveness. The lefty pinkos at the BBC won’t be happy until the Doctor is played by a one-legged black lesbian wearing a #MeToo T-shirt.”

In the grand scheme of things, the fate of a mere TV series ranks low on the list of priorities. But don’t be fooled: this is The Big Lie in action.

The Big Lie, invented by Hitler, perfected by Goebbels and practised with dismaying success by Trump on his obliging base, is an ingeniously simple concept. Tell an outrageous lie often enough and soon people will begin to accept it as fact.

Well, don’t accept it. Doctor Who is doing just fine without a penis.

Doctor Who is on BBC1 on Sunday at 6.30pm

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hear this week's episode is about saving the poor women from the big bad men trying to burn them as witches; and the King of England flirts with the black dude.

Is it even worth watching?

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I hear this week's episode is about saving the poor women from the big bad men trying to burn them as witches; and the King of England flirts with the black dude.

Meh, it wasn't that blunt, but it wasn't good either. Part of the issue is knowing there is no connection between episodes so nothing seems like a threat at all. It's strange because you know The Doctor always saves the day, but for some reason this series just doesnt seem to matter.

• 1Like

Inque

FunEmployed
Every time Jodie Whittaker looks around in the air with that snarled look on her face I keep picturing her with a pregancy test thinking it's saying she's having a baby and she's just not happy with the outcome.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Pat Stacey: Right wing Doctor Who haters are lying - series is far from failing with Jodie Whittaker - Independent.ie
Not that you’d believe it if you read certain British papers.

Reading the below-the-line comments on some of these dailies’ websites after a Doctor Who episode is a nauseating experience that leaves you wanting to rinse your eyeballs with Optrex.

It’s like plunging into a sewer of misogyny and racism. Regular complaints tend to include the following: “Too many women. Too many black and brown faces. Too many namby-pamby plots, smuggling in messages about racism, imperialism and inclusiveness. The lefty pinkos at the BBC won’t be happy until the Doctor is played by a one-legged black lesbian wearing a #MeToo T-shirt.”

In the grand scheme of things, the fate of a mere TV series ranks low on the list of priorities. But don’t be fooled: this is The Big Lie in action.

The Big Lie, invented by Hitler, perfected by Goebbels and practised with dismaying success by Trump on his obliging base, is an ingeniously simple concept. Tell an outrageous lie often enough and soon people will begin to accept it as fact.

Well, don’t accept it. Doctor Who is doing just fine without a penis.

Doctor Who is on BBC1 on Sunday at 6.30pm

It says "Whittaker’s average, on the other hand, is 8.55m, which is even better than the 8.05m Tennant pulled in during his most successful season is so full of BS as to be laughable.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This season could have been show #103482 on the SyFy channel if you just changed the Doctor into a random time traveler. The show has been bland as fuck.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It says "Whittaker’s average, on the other hand, is 8.55m, which is even better than the 8.05m Tennant pulled in during his most successful season is so full of BS as to be laughable.
shes floating around 6m. i dunno where 8.5m came from, but you gotta do some mental gymnastics to get that number. 6m is capaldi's last season numbers. thats not bad but its certainly not great, whether the BBC thinks a 6m average is worth what they're spending on each episode, i dont know. its not like its their money. its Chris's and Ossoi's

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This season could have been show #103482 on the SyFy channel if you just changed the Doctor into a random time traveler. The show has been bland as fuck.
Yeah, I've pretty much dropped it. Any excitement I had after the premiere episode quickly evaporated.

• 2Like

Goatface

for 1-6, she is at 8.33m in live+7,
for 1-8 over night is at 6.45m
8 was a season low overnight at 5.66m
down .27 from last week, and .11 from the previous low of 5.77 for 6

i would guess they are getting 8.55m by using L+28 numbers for the earlier shows

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

I saw half of it. No. It's even set in the part of the UK I am from and live in (Lancashire), yet I had no interest in it. We have some spooky desolate moorland up here (Act One of Diablo 2 is based off it even) and I don't think they used it.

They finally had someone sexually discriminate against The Doctor and she just took it with some feeble protests... WTF... it really dimished the character. They SHOULD have had Yaz be discriminated against and not The Doctor, then The Doctor asks "Wait I'm a women too?" and the King replies "Oh... that's different... er..." because The Doctor has that aura about her. Missed opportunity.

Then they have the local witchfinder be female so that they don't have to show men being violent against women and trigger feminists, so she has to explain that it's tough for a women just in case someone mistakes the time period for not being sexist as there's a women in charge. This is just after England had two queens ruling as absolute monarchs for 50 years by the way, with the King's mother being the Queen of Scotland for 25 years at the same time, so why would the King hold sexist attitudes when his two predessesors were female?

The King flirting with the black guy was fine, nobility back then were pretty gay and a black guy would be a novelty. Don't understand why he didn't have a Scottish accent, the source that I looked up that confirmed that he DID have a Scottish accent also confirmed he was potentially gay though.

Graham is clearly the best companion and his "grandson" is fine since it develops his character, don't know why Yaz is there at all. Was pretty funny turning this off in disgust and seeing the actor who plays Graham hosting his gameshow on the rival channel AT THE SAME TIME, he's competing against his own ratings!

Worst part was characters just walking around spouting exposition. They were pretending to be the Witchfinder General since that's what the psychic paper said, but then asked very basic questions about everything and had the characters walk them through everything that was happening "Oh we must hunt the witches because of course we need to stop Satan!".

I get that they have a low budget and sometimes need to walk around a forest in the UK, but we have loads of great stuff to base stories off and yes this is one of them... but do they also have a low budget with the writers?

for 1-6, she is at 8.33m in live+7,
for 1-8 over night is at 6.45m
8 was a season low overnight at 5.66m
down .27 from last week, and .11 from the previous low of 5.77 for 6

i would guess they are getting 8.55m by using L+28 numbers for the earlier shows
Haha, so they got ~6 Million this week. The show that's on after it got ~9 Million. Pathetic.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
apparently this week's ep barely had 5 million viewers and fanbois are blaming the traditional Dr Who fans for creating bad PR. next week is the last episode before the "not a christmas special".

• 1Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I just caught the episode in India. I kind of liked it actually. I like when the show real parts of history, and showing some outside of Britain and the USA would be really cool actually.

Gonna try to catch up sometimes later this week.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
apparently this week's ep barely had 5 million viewers and fanbois are blaming the traditional Dr Who fans for creating bad PR. next week is the last episode before the "not a christmas special".

Maybe the show would have more viewers if they didn't try to jam their childish SJW issues down our throats every episode.

These idiots will never learn.

• 2Like