Doctor Who

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't even compare this to the Sylvester McCoy era. Yeah, it's heading the same way but at least he was a watchable Doctor despite the shitty scripts.

Goatface

1578928443483.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So happy for this to be back on and I'm glad the rumors of them dumping her after 1 season were bullshit. I wish we would have gotten a Christmas episode though instead of jumping straight into a story arc.

New master is hot garbage. Missy may have ruined me for other masters for a while though. Hopefully he's not really the main Gillian this season and it's those kesavan critters. I hope some day we get a new doctor who figures out who the master is first and gets the drop on him.

The new doctors control room is oddly sexual. I mean I guess there's always been this thing pumping in the middle of the console. But it used to be inside glass. Now it's a dick pumping up and down. Maybe that's for the tardis because she's got to be a lesbian now (being married to the Dr) but can't swear off dick entirely.

Cybsled

Missy was great and she played well off Calipardi. This season feels like a “fuck lore lol” start, though, with basically deleting UNIT and Gallifrey.

Cybsled

They did, but Torchwood had already been mostly written out in prior seasons after the standalone show went away, beyond the occasional reference.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They did, but Torchwood had already been mostly written out in prior seasons after the standalone show went away, beyond the occasional reference.

Wasn't it just like Captain Jack and Tooth Gap the only ones left?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Guess who the Torchwood showrunner was! It's the current Dr Who showrunner, what the fuck!?

I don't understand why you'd destroy things off screen that could have stories built around them. They literally just had that master story that could have been UNIT operatives being killed off.

There's been an intentional effort to remove everything from before Whittaker, they even sacked the (great) music guy who did every theme in the modern series.

I think they only brought back a few classic enemies this season to appease older fans who stopped watching.

Torchwood had some great stories, I wonder how much power Chibnall actually has and if he's just a front for the SJW writers. Kinda like how JJ Abrams was constrained by the Star Wars story group for TFA.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Guess who the Torchwood showrunner was! It's the current Dr Who showrunner, what the fuck!?

I don't understand why you'd destroy things off screen that could have stories built around them. They literally just had that master story that could have been UNIT operatives being killed off.

There's been an intentional effort to remove everything from before Whittaker, they even sacked the (great) music guy who did every theme in the modern series.

I think they only brought back a few classic enemies this season to appease older fans who stopped watching.

Torchwood had some great stories, I wonder how much power Chibnall actually has and if he's just a front for the SJW writers. Kinda like how JJ Abrams was constrained by the Star Wars story group for TFA.
he wrote 8 episodes, but russel t davies was the showrunner.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In the past I used to watch the later seasons of this programme and complain bitterly about how utterly shit it was all the while still tuning in and hating myself for my weakness.

I think I'm just going to stop and live vicariously through your rage and disdain.

Chris

Potato del Grande
In the past I used to watch the later seasons of this programme and complain bitterly about how utterly shit it was all the while still tuning in and hating myself for my weakness.

I think I'm just going to stop and live vicariously through your rage and disdain.
This is where I'm at.

At saw half the last season and half an episode this season.

Now I'm just watching salty YouTube reviews but even they are saying they are done because it's so painful to watch and doesn't get views anymore. They killed the show.

Clara was fairly bad but Bill onwards it's been very low profile in the UK.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Honestly, I made my last post without even having watched this new season yet. Over the last few days i've managed to bite the bullet and actually watch this flaming pile of garbage, and it's even worse than I had originally thought.

The recent episode was nothing but a fucking sci-fi PSA for global warming. The Doctor literally implied that the future isn't fixed; in this timeline Earth didn't deal with global warming properly (the bitch literally says "didn't you see the signs?!"), and caps off the episode with a warning and...I shit you not...a cut-away to a shot of the episode monster of the week, implying we're gonna turn into this monster if we don't "change our ways" durr hurr.

They never even got close to explaining HOW the Master after having admittedly 13 regenerations used up and should be deader-than-dead even returned. It's just a "i'm back and don't ask any questions about it" type of shit. But thankfully, we had strong female womyns (both real and fictitious) to help the crew battle the big male baddie in every. single. fucking. episode lol.

It's just mind boggling to me that BBC executives can look at what these people are producing week after week and not see it's just pure and utter shit. They are ass raping a treasured 50+ year old franchise with a giant strap-on and no one who can actually do anything about it seems to give a fuck about it. It's sad, really.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

It's just mind boggling to me that BBC executives can look at what these people are producing week after week and not see it's just pure and utter shit. They are ass raping a treasured 50+ year old franchise with a giant strap-on and no one who can actually do anything about it seems to give a fuck about it. It's sad, really.

they were happy to bludgeon top gear which was making them something like a $100mil per year. the profits from dr who have to be in the shittier now too.

===

1579797977625.png

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Edit: Do not watch today's episode, the SJW Cancer is now terminal. The lore has been destroyed in vibrant, diverse flames.

Do not be lured in with promises of John Barrowman/Captain Jack cameo in an unrelated side plot.

Last edited:

Cybsled

I had to watch for the Captain Jack cameo, though. Made you realize how much the show needs that character again lol

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Wow. It has been a long LONG time since I've been surprised by a Doctor Who episode. I was expecting none of this and it's pretty damn awesome in a Cartmel MasterPlan sort of way.

I loved the shit out of this!

so if 'Ruth' is a Doctor before the First Doctor then why is the TARDIS a police box? Is she a parallel Doctor that split off at some point? Argh!!

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I had to watch for the Captain Jack cameo, though. Made you realize how much the show needs that character again lol
Yeah, putting an actor with charisma next to all the boring charisma vacuum companions was a mistake.

Really highlighted Jodie Whitaker's flat performance too. As amazing as Captain Jack is, he never overshadowed Eccleston or Tennant.

Even fierce diversity doctor was more doctorish than Jodie.

• 1Seriously?