Doctor Who

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Will it still be showing on BBCA though? It'll be weird to have a show on BBC and not be able to see it on BBC's app. I mean BBC's app was shit, but at least it was free.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think its more interesting that they sold off the entire modern Who series along with the woke Who years. i dont know if selling off their show even if it is just the online stream to an american company can be seen as a good thing.

Cybsled

Streaming rights aren’t always eternal. We don’t know the specifics on the deal or whether is is US rights only or not.

Goatface

means the streamer will be the home of future “Doctor Who” seasons after they air on BBC America.

it has to just US or NA rights, BBC an ITV just announced BritBox streaming for UK (6 euro per month) and the blurb said it would have all 40 years of doctor who

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean it says right in the article:

"Future seasons of Doctor Who will also stream exclusively on HBO Max after they air on BBC America, taking us back to the accessible days when Doctor Who was all on Netflix, except now there’s a totally separate thing you have to pay for."

It's gonna air on BBC first, then HBO Max afterwards, similar to how Hulu handles most modern day TV shows. It's not gonna be some mind-blowing new experience.

Cybsled

Amazon currently has the classic who streaming rights I believe in NA (part of the reason there was a classic Doctor Who marathon on Twitch)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well ok then, why only mention the original series on bbc?
Because the new series is being repeated on BBC channels right now and is available online for a while after the repeat, it's not a selling point if we already have it.

The original series I think hasn't been on BBC for years so is never on their streaming service. Having it available online is new, therefore it's a selling point.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because the new series is being repeated on BBC channels right now and is available online for a while after the repeat, it's not a selling point if we already have it.

The original series I think hasn't been on BBC for years so is never on their streaming service. Having it available online is new, therefore it's a selling point.
BBC tv or BBC streaming service.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
RUMORS
Chibnail tried to push a female dalek, BBC told him to fuck off, chibnail quit. whittaker left in a huff, then came back to film her regeneration scene.
MORE RUMORS
Michael Sheehan(Sheen?)in talks to be the 14th doctor with Neil Gaiman as show runner.
i doubt these are true, i think Gaiman was public about how much he fucking hated working with Dr Who/BBC.
this is just whats rolling around the net. no idea how much larp this is.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
RUMORS
Chibnail tried to push a female dalek, BBC told him to fuck off, chibnail quit. whittaker left in a huff, then came back to film her regeneration scene.
MORE RUMORS
Michael Sheehan(Seen)in talks to be the 14th doctor with Neil Gaiman as show runner.
i doubt these are true, i think Gaiman was public about how much he fucking hated working with Dr Who/BBC.

Eh I read a story about that too. It wasn't about a Dalek though. Supposedly they shot the first episode and brought back Rose Tyler. The BBC execs apparently hated it and then Chibnail and Whitaker quit. Apparently though, filming doesn't even start on Who for a couple months.

Chris

Potato del Grande
RUMORS
MORE RUMORS
Michael Sheehan(Seen)in talks to be the 14th doctor with Neil Gaiman as show runner.
Female Dalek??

They are mutants of a human like race (Kaleds), you would assume half of them are female anyway and they are so mutated it doesn't matter.

Some kind of queen bee Dalek spawning them all could be interesting but I'd assume they just reproduced with difficulty using science.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Female Dalek??

They are mutants of a human like race (Kaleds), you would assume half of them are female anyway and they are so mutated it doesn't matter.

Some kind of queen bee Dalek spawning them all could be interesting but I'd assume they just reproduced with difficulty using science.
Didnt they try that already with the Cybermen? I dont think that worked very well. But who knows. The BBC loves revisiting WW2 and Victorian England every season. I wish these rumors turned out to be true, i really miss this show when it was fun and it wasnt telling me to kill myself.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Didnt they try that already with the Cybermen? I dont think that worked very well. But who knows. The BBC loves revisiting WW2 and Victorian England every season. I wish these rumors turned out to be true, i really miss this show when it was fun and it wasnt telling me to kill myself.
I don't think they love revisiting them, it's just that it's really low budget so can only do locations in the UK. Most of the Victorian/WW2 stuff is still intact. It's that or filming in a quarry or forest outside Cardiff.

They had that one Matt Smith season they filmed part of in the US and had to have several episodes set in the same desert xD

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't think they love revisiting them, it's just that it's really low budget so can only do locations in the UK. Most of the Victorian/WW2 stuff is still intact. It's that or filming in a quarry or forest outside Cardiff.

They had that one Matt Smith season they filmed part of in the US and had to have several episodes set in the same desert xD
But england has sandy beaches and there are snowy mountains in scotland. Im sure more could be done with that. Spain has deserts where they filmed the clint eastwood westerns. I think the BBC just loves them some 1850 to 1950 England

Chris

Potato del Grande
But england has sandy beaches and there are snowy mountains in scotland. Im sure more could be done with that. Spain has deserts where they filmed the clint eastwood westerns. I think the BBC just loves them some 1850 to 1950 England
Oh I forgot, they hire shitty soap opera writers with no imagination.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user