Doctor Who

geffe71_sl

shitlord
i wish they had those christmas crackers in the US. they probably are illegal here.
Same reason Kinder Surprise is. They are dangerous and shit.

EDIT: Actually you can get them in the US, but it looks like by order only

Christmas Crackers

Kinder eggs reason

The 1938 Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act contains a section highlighting that a confectionery product with a non-nutritive object, partially or totally imbedded within it, cannot be sold within the United States, unless the FDA issues a regulation that the non-nutritive object has functional value.[8] Essentially, the 1938 Act bans "the sale of any candy that has imbedded in it a toy or trinket."[9]

EDIT EDIT: so i dont make another post, Christmas newsDoctor Who Christmas Special casting news

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Same reason Kinder Surprise is. They are dangerous and shit.

EDIT: Actually you can get them in the US, but it looks like by order only

Christmas Crackers

Kinder eggs reason

The 1938 Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act contains a section highlighting that a confectionery product with a non-nutritive object, partially or totally imbedded within it, cannot be sold within the United States, unless the FDA issues a regulation that the non-nutritive object has functional value.[8] Essentially, the 1938 Act bans "the sale of any candy that has imbedded in it a toy or trinket."[9]

EDIT EDIT: so i dont make another post, Christmas newsDoctor Who Christmas Special casting news
what a bunch of morons we have running this country. i can go out right now buy a carton of cigarettes and a case of whiskey, drink myself to death, get lung cancer perfectly legal. but if i want to pop a little snap thingy with a funny hat and a limererick inside or eat a candy with a cute little toy inside i cant because its considered dangerous.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Fortnum & Mason sell the one that Clara has, I nearly got exactly that for my kids last year. But those were 6 for 150$ or something ridiculous, so I went much cheaper. Also get my Nativity Calender for the kids from there and/or Harrods. They ship to the US.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Doctor Who sets record for BBC America

The US broadcast of Doctor Who's 50th anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor was watched by an average of 2.4 million, a record for BBC America...Despite having a Saturday afternoon slot in the US, the show achieved BBC America's best ratings, with a peak time repeat upping the total to 3.6m.

Special 3D screenings of The Day of the Doctor played at 440 UK cinemas, taking ?1.8 million. Box office figures from Rentrak show it was beaten only by the opening of Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire and space drama Gravity.

UK screenings broke the European record for alternative content, according to the Financial Times. David Hancock, of research company IHS Screen Digest, told the newspaper: "That's the sort of number that's going to get people's attention, including other TV production companies."

BBC News - Doctor Who sets record for BBC America and UK cinema

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I cant get the hint of Clara being Susan out of my head. The way "9" looks at her in the Black Archive and in the Wasteland Hut, it is like he senses something in her other than "The Impossible Girl". Pair that along with the Susan dossier scene, it adds up some.

It might just be Moffat jerking us around though.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm pretty sure it's him jerking us around. He's left too many hints there is a connection, but with all of those connections so mild it leaves open the possibility of it being nothing at all.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Watching The Five Doctors (The 20th anniversary episode). Still holds up very well, and it makes me miss Lis Sladen, what could have been if she was still alive for SJA and DW

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fortnum & Mason sell the one that Clara has, I nearly got exactly that for my kids last year. But those were 6 for 150$ or something ridiculous, so I went much cheaper. Also get my Nativity Calender for the kids from there and/or Harrods. They ship to the US.
if i had kids i would order those too, but yeah for myself its not worth the effort, i would have liked to had them as a kid though.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, he's jerking us around for sure.

Which is not to say that they won't write Clara = Susan, it's just he's jerking us around. There's got to be 5-6 full hours of stories there alone -- but I don't know if those stories need to be written. He's teasing.

What they do wind up doing with Clara will probably be better. It's been too soon since Riversong (his wife) and Amy Pond (his daughter in spirit) to go for a granddaughter. He might just be teasing us that Capaldi is going to treat her as a granddaughter with the susan eggs, but she's still Clara the Impossible Girl.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Episodes occurring during or around the anniversary of the show starting with the first episode

1963 Unearthly Child
1964-1966 Daleks
1967 Ice Warriors
1968 Cybermen
1969-1974 No episodes
1975 Android Invasion
1976 Deadly Assassin (Ended on the 20th)
1977 Fendahl/Sunmakers (Both in November)
1978 The Stones of Blood/The Androids of Tara (Both in November)
1979 The Creature from the Pit/Nightmare of Eden (Both in November)
1980 State of Decay
1981-1982 No Episodes
1983 The Five Doctors (20th Anniversary)
1984-1985 No Episodes
1986 Terror of the Vervoids (Ended on the 22nd)
1987 Dragonfire
1988 Silver Nemesis
1989 Survival
1990-1992 No Episodes
1993 Dimensions in Time (30th Anniversary)
1994-2004 No Episodes
2005 & 2007 Children in Need (In November)
2008 No Episode
2009 Water of Mars (In November)
2010-2012 No Episodes
2013 Day of the Doctor/Five(ish) Doctors Reboot (50th Anniversary)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh God. I remember Dimensions in Time, thankfully not canon. I hope that I saw a McCoy episode when I was 2-3 years old so that isn't the first I saw live.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
The Five Doctors featured time fissures also, another callback made in DotD. Moffat really does like putting in small details

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The screenings last night in the U.S. made $4.8million. Not bad for something that had already aired on TV for free hah.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
'No sir, all thirteen' was delivered by Peter Capaldi. Not sure how that is being mis-interpreted.
They were having each doctor say lines right before that, then the commander makes the comment and Marble Doctor interjects 'no, you missed me!' basically..

Plus, I recognize the timber of his voice from interviews.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
FInally got around to watching this. So good to see Tom Baker again. Best doctor by far and was a great reminder why I loved watching Dr. WHO growing up. Great fiction is made by it's villains and Daleks are in the hall of fame.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
So a female character from the doctors past will be the focus of the christmas special. Maybe we will finally get The Rani or Romana, but knowing Moffat it will probably be the return of Jenny after many red herrings.

Also. any idea where I can get the back catalog of classics or where I can watch them other than netflix (unless they added more and fixed instant). I heard someone say there was a torrent, how big is it?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So a female character from the doctors past will be the focus of the christmas special. Maybe we will finally get The Rani or Romana, but knowing Moffat it will probably be the return of Jenny after many red herrings.

Also. any idea where I can get the back catalog of classics or where I can watch them other than netflix (unless they added more and fixed instant). I heard someone say there was a torrent, how big is it?
My money is on River

Thepiratey place has it. Don't think I'm allowed to link it tho

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Watched "An Adventure in Space & Time", that documentary/movie about the start of the show & Hartnell. Was actually really, really good. I had no idea of the type of person Hartnell was outside of the show, the guy they had playing him did an amazing job. The only problem I had was the random Matt Smith hallucination thrown in at the near end of the movie - that felt out of place but aside from that, it was a good watch.