Doctor Who

iannis

Musty Nester
You know, Peter Capaldi and Craig Feurgeson sort of favor one another.

It's the dreamy, knowing eyes.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You know, Peter Capaldi and Craig Feurgeson sort of favor one another.

It's the dreamy, knowing eyes.
They grew up together. IIRC They even were in a garage band or something together.

edit: Yeah, thought I remembered them mentioning it a while back on his show.

rrr_img_56572.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Moffat planned Cushing in the Doctor Who 50th : www.doctorwhohub.tv

Woulda been kinda cool actually. Though I'd have to listen to those folks who always want to include it in the canon ;p

Steven Moffat originally planned to include Peter Cushing 'Dr.Who' in the Doctor Who 50th. Speaking to Doctor Who Magazine, he said:

"When I started writing The Day of the Doctor I knew I wanted every Doctor to make some sort of appearance. But what about Peter Cushing? Now I love those movies. but they don't exactly fit with the rest of the show, do they? . You remember that line, in the Black Archive, when Kate is explaining about the need to screen the Doctor's known associates. She wasn't supposed to be looking at the Vortex Manipulator - originally she was walking past the posters for the two Peter Cushing movies. In my head, in the Doctor's universe those films exist as distorted accounts of his adventures. Sadly we couldn't afford the rights to the posters."

iannis

Musty Nester
Woah. They couldn't afford the rights to the posters?

The BBC? For Dr. Who's 50th?

Whoever holds the rights to those posters fucked up in a major super way by asking more than a *. I mean who the hell else is EVER going to ask to display them?

* I was going to write nickle, but I don't know what the English equivalent is.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why are they making him look old on purpose? He doesn't look like that in "The Thick of It".

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Looking forward to it. Kind of want a new companion though. Need more Turlough types

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Commenting on his costume, Peter Capaldi said: "He's woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark, and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord." While lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat added: "New Doctor, new era, and of course new clothes. Monsters of the universe, the vacation is over - Capaldi is suited and booted and coming to get you!"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
annnnd now everyone wants a pair of Doc Martens (yes including me)
s Day Roundup: Doctor Shoe | Anglophenia | BBC America

Yesterday, the Twelfth Doctor's new outfit was revealed, and it's very swish indeed. A navy, black and red affair with a crisp white shirt and the most extravagant cuffs on a Doctor since the heady days of the dandy Jon Pertwee.

But the real break with tradition can be found at the end of Peter Capaldi's legs. Take a close look at those shoes. Not just spit-shined leather boots with a Doctor Martens air-wear sole, but brogues too!

The Doctor Martens sole is an especially nice touch, given Peter's punk past (he was in a punk band with Craig Ferguson, after all), and the Doctor's timeless appeal. No Victorian lace-ups or riding boots, a stout pair of DMs are a glimpse of the more recent past, perfectly suitable to kick a Dalek's plunger off, with the shine a nod to the Doctor's vanity, and the brogues a more distant echo of the early 20th Century.

Or as Peter put it, when describing the whole ensemble: "He's woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord."

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that is pretty cool. I got about 30 seconds into it and realized they weren't going to do the whole song. And I wanted them to.

YOU LEFT AMY. HOW COULD YOU.
I woulda gone back for her.