Doctor Who

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Or most likely it's a girl that calls his TARDIS 5 minutes before that scene and tells him off. Then he travels to some planet and meets her unexpectedly.

As long as it's not the Beeb fucking with us doing something like that....I'm ok with anything.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Those are some old school daleks, maybe even the infamous special weapons dalek lurking in the background @ 0:46
Well spotted.
smile.png

iannis

Musty Nester
You know, I didn't really take to Capaldi last year. But I think Smith might have just been too fresh. I've rewatched half of season 8 on a binge and honestly... they're pretty good.

I mean a lot of Smiths were better scripts, but Capaldi -does- make a good doctor. I sort of hope they do take him a little bit differently than they took Smith or Tennant. Because he can kinda do both at the same time. If the script is there.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You know, I didn't really take to Capaldi last year. But I think Smith might have just been too fresh. I've rewatched half of season 8 on a binge and honestly... they're pretty good.

I mean a lot of Smiths were better scripts, but Capaldi -does- make a good doctor. I sort of hope they do take him a little bit differently than they took Smith or Tennant. Because he can kinda do both at the same time. If the script is there.
I like Jenna Coleman but I find she ruins most episodes simply because she either lacks chemistry with Capaldi or frankly she's just a terrible actress. Not sure which :/ I like her a lot, but it's not the writing and it's not Capaldi when an episode goes flat.

Take that shrinking episode with the interdimensional enemy for example. Great story. Great lines by Capaldi, especially at the end. But it wasn't that great an episode. Why? And on the flip side, any episode they ditch Clara for another foil (Master, Patchwork Victorian Guy, little brat schoolgirl) the episode suddenly picks up, and it's great.

Just my 2cp. I hope they hit their stride this year.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ya now, they had smith and gillian cameo last season and it still sucked. i dunno if it is capaldi or it was the fact they wrote that season with smith in mind and made last minute changes to shoehorn capaldi in. brunette chick is cute, but something about her just doesnt make me like her performance. is it bad acting? people always say that rose tyler was horrendous, but i liked her performance and i liked her, she wasnt as cute clara, yet she is prefarable to clara. i have to say. that if shit doesn get better this season, i think i may be done with this show. i usually look forward to new doctor who, but not anymore.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Last season was odd. Still good, but odd. I'm going to guess a lot of that was the scripts written for Smith. I would go with a new show runner over ditching Capaldi. Moffett had a good run but I think we need a fresh look at the Gallifrey storyline. All these one off stand alone stories are fun but fans dig story arcs. Hopefully this season will give us some of that.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Moffat seemed to draw inspiration from Delgado and Pertwee for the upcoming dynamic of two best friends quarreling across the cosmos. At least according to the interviews I've read. If that's the case I have high hopes for this season.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i also wanted to add there really did not seem to be any on screen chemistry between capaldi and clara. dude just kept scolding her and she kept pushing him away and because of it ran into whats his name Mr pink? then they had a contrived romance that they couldnt explain away so they just bumped him off. the whole thing was just a mess.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Also didn't help that Jenna Coleman couldn't decide if she wanted to be on show or not. I'm out... I'm in... she is great to look at but she's getting to that 'god' level of companion that Rose was at the end. Companions should be normal humans who mess stuff up and make mistakes and don't have plot armor.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
River Song returning for Christmas. I know some of you don't like her, but I fucking adore her and the dynamic with the Doctor. Cannot wait for these two to work together. There will be some fun opportunities too with the grumpy Scot probably trying to explain to her the marriage doesn't count through regenerations. No matter what, very excited.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/river-s...cial-75555.htm

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
That's pretty awesome news. I've always liked River Song and it will be neat to see her act with a Doctor that is older than her.

Almost typed 'a Doctor who is older...' Waka waka!