Doctor Who

Chris

Potato del Grande
i think thats how she was originally supposed to die, but they decided she was key to future episodes or they wanted the season opener to not be a huge downer. i mean it is a kid's show still and it probably would depress children all over britain having to watch capaldi mourn his BFF for 10 episodes. still i think it was the way to go. having the Doctor murder a companion impersonating as a dalek that was set up by The Master in a Davros episode is the kind of way you would want to go out in a DW episode.
Yeah the opening episode felt like a season finale... maybe they swapped the order. Did Clara actually do anything in any of the episodes?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the opening episode felt like a season finale... maybe they swapped the order. Did Clara actually do anything in any of the episodes?
She played foil and moral compass in most episodes. She played the big part in the Zygon episodes, but you could have replaced her with anyone really, like Osgood.

If you remember, she flip flopped leaving the show a few times. So maybe the Davros episodes should have been her last (meaning they wrote her end, then she changed her mind so they rewrote it so she lived).

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
When an actor starts pulling that shit, they should just kill them off out of principle.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
When an actor starts pulling that shit, they should just kill them off out of principle.
lol, blogtor who or one of those sites has an interview with Moffat where he essential did EXACTLY that. He flat out said she will not return.

He had to rewrite entire scripts because of her flip flopping and couldn't just dump her being a BBC darling coupled with Robb Stark/Prince Charming.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
That was a great episode. I figured the skull thing out early. The Zygon Inversion idea gave it away. Started to feel bad towards the end when the years kept adding up. Glad the hybrid wasn't a Dalek, that idea was lame.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Didn't people always theorize that the Doctor was half-human? Wonder if that will be the hybrid reveal.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The twist was pretty easy to detect from the damn hand 5 seconds in. Also my 2cp Doctor is not half human. If they canonize the movie that way I will be pissed. The episode was awesome btw. But how did his dial end up on Gallifrey?

My theories always revolve around Chekov's gun and Throw Mama from the Train.

He dropped the gun when he said "time lords take forever to die". Kinda think we will see Clara again. And she's "somebody". Her Splinters included a Time Lady as well. I think the finale will include something huge along the lines of the Doctor is the Master, or Clara is, or she's Susan or Romana. Something whacky and fully far fetched is what I expect from Moffat at this point.

Edit: I loved that the Doctor called me and many other older fans retards for thinking the hybrid could be half Dalek when the very idea is impossible and exclusive of any "race".

Jait

Molten Core Raider
One last thing and while I think it's exciting and I can't wait for the next ep...I still think the entire idea of a hybrid is retarded. We have two half human Time Ladies already, Donna and River. A half human Dalek from Manhattan. And numerous other hybrids. They better brust out something good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Good episode, but it got to be a bit too much for me toward the end. They didn't need to do the groundhog day x billions of years thing. Also what's with gallifrey? It's a beacon of technology in one city, but outside its a barren shithole? Why is random kid wandering around out there? And why is capaldi planning on fucking it up? Also when The Doctor said " the hybrid is me" did he mean himself or is it a play on words and he was saying Me as in Ishilda (Maisie Williams)? I mean she is an immortal and a bit of a hybrid, mixing human and whatever was in that immortality wafer. Hopefully we get Timothy Dalton in the finale

iannis

Musty Nester
The Doctor works best if you want to believe that he is part human but are continually forced to admit that he is not. He is a blue-blooded, two hearted, kind natured Gallifreian.

That's what made Doctor Donna a good story. Honestly, it's in the top5 for all-time-great Dr. Who Stories for me. It wasn't until I sat on it for a while. I mean it was ok but not that special. But what they managed with that arc, the idea of it, is a thing that they've never quite done before (impressive itself in a show with a runtime like that) and it reinforced the basic moral of so many things that they have done. The Doctor needs to be the often benevolent Other, he has to be that, but he's also got his own shit to deal with. While The Doctor should never be malevolent, he should appear at times to be perhaps callous, perhaps irresponsible, perhaps outright disinterested. But he's a clever boy.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've always wanted to think that The Doctor is the Time Lord who invented the Tardis andhisTardis is really the prototype unit. Nothing human about him whatsoever. He's the Newton and the Drake and the Locke of their society all mashed into one.

Instead of sitting around and organizing the super-society that he just enabled... he hopped into his Box and went explorin'. He let Rassilon do the dirty work. No interest in that, really.

BOOOOOOOOOO-OOORING.

Or he could just be a simple farm-boy and there's nothing special about him whatsoever. And that's what's special about him. I kinda feel like he has to be one extreme or the other... and I think various periods of the show have felt that way as well, and modeled him as either one or the other.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
What Iannis said is why I can't have the doctor be Human. To me a big part of the story is he's an alien who is more Human than any other Human has ever been. Good and bad. But he's not...human.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I've always wanted to think that The Doctor is the Time Lord who invented the Tardis andhisTardis is really the prototype unit. Nothing human about him whatsoever. He's the Newton and the Drake and the Locke of their society all mashed into one.
I don't think they've deviated any from the original story of him having stolen the tardis to go joy riding.

Caliane

What Iannis said is why I can't have the doctor be Human. To me a big part of the story is he's an alien who is more Human than any other Human has ever been. Good and bad. But he's not...human.
Why doesn't the Doctor just break the Masters neck?