Doctor Who

Caliane

yeah. Definitely one of those things. Immortality without a way to turn it off is kindof shit. She doesn't have a tardis. Is stuck on Earth, with standard human tech. Burn the witch? Drown the witch? Chain the vampire up and bury it underground with its heart split in 4? Jack had knowledge and access to tech that would give him the advantage in most situations, that he would not be subject to random fates worse then death.
And the Doctor just hands over a second one, as if she will have the same judgment on who to use it on, or will have the ability to keep it out of the wrong hands. the guy is a time traveler. just check in on her in 100 years, 500, 2000.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Solid episode, but a little disappointing for Masie. Thought for a bit they might tie the second immortality device to Captain Jack. Thought the best part of the episode was when The Doctor was translating for the baby. Next week looks stupid from the short preview. Should have had her come back towards the end of the season. Hope I'm wrong on next week. Season is still better than last year.
2nd device will likely be used on Hound's character or as a way of killing Ashldr. Couldn't agree more about airing the 2nd ep too soon. Had to do with Production I get it. But still...this episode really really didn't need a sequel so soon. That ending was fucking chilling. And it lasted 15 seconds until I saw she was back to being Maisie in the next ep.

Edit: Also I don't really like this Hybrid stuff. That terrible Doctor Who movie with McGann claimed the Doctor was a Hybrid and absolutely no on on this planet liked that line (or the movie). Besides which we already have River. Though I suspect since Davros tied it into the Doctor fleeing Gallifrey it must have something to do with Susan.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Who the hell cares anyway. The idea of The Doctor being half human has been floating around for a while. It isn't the big reveal they think it is.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
What I thought would be a meh episode was quite good. Loved the insights on immortality and the 'mortal memory.' Did anyone else hear the hint of GoT in the music this week? Also snickered at the 'first attempt at being a man' line.

Also loving the all the episodes being two parters. Has a classic Who feel.

Halfway through Capadli's true season and he's becoming the Doctor I wanted. (Wanted Hugh Laurie) could still do without the sunglasses though.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hugh Laurie as The Doctor would also have been amazing.

The downside to that is that his natural accent is so fucking thick. Capaldi at least only sounds a little bit scottish. Laurie sounds like he's got a mouthful of jellybeans. Which he would probably be more comfortable with a thicker accent on a BBC show. His American accent... it surprised me when I heard him speak the first time out of character.

And I knew he was British. I just didn't realize he was THAT British.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Hugh Laurie as The Doctor would also have been amazing.

The downside to that is that his natural accent is so fucking thick. Capaldi at least only sounds a little bit scottish. Laurie sounds like he's got a mouthful of jellybeans. Which he would probably be more comfortable with a thicker accent on a BBC show. His American accent... it surprised me when I heard him speak the first time out of character.

And I knew he was British. I just didn't realize he was THAT British.

The Scots have nothing on the Welsh. I can't understand a fucking word out of their mouth. They make Pikeys sound erudite.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Return of a classic enemy. Pretty decent "face of the enemy" type of storyline. I just don't like Clara, plus it's hard to recover when your season opener is better than most series finales.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So every year I have a tradition of taking my family to Mickeys Halloween party at Disneyland. I was on Pirates of the Carribean last night and saw a cyberman and the Doctor. I shouted to them and whipped out my iphone. What resulted might be the creepiest fucking picture I have ever taken and I now want to punch Peter Davidson in the face for inspiring someone to give me nightmares. Sorry about the format, I was on the boat and literally had second to get the shot.

rrr_img_114982.jpg

rrr_img_114983.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow is that you with the camera? Not what I expected Jait T Kirk to look like, very youthful! Looks like Light from Death Note?

I dressed as 4th Doctor for Halloween, sorry about the shitty picture:
rrr_img_114988.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow is that you with the camera? Not what I expected Jait T Kirk to look like, very youthful! Looks like Light from Death Note?

I dressed as 4th Doctor for Halloween, sorry about the shitty picture:
rrr_img_114988.jpg
I think that's the person carrying a sonic screwdriver that's a bit overly bright.... there's no way an old man like Jait looks that young... (plus unlikely there was mirrors on the side of a boat...)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Fuck no. Though I wish I were that young. I didn't dress up. Next year we may go as Star Wars characters though. My daughter has nearly worn down my resolve. Here's James T Jait Jr from Saturday night

rrr_img_114996.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
And Christmas has come early...

Steven Moffat :
"Clara is gone and will never return. I will not reveal any forecast about her fate. I can only say that what will happen will shock, terrify and surprise you. Strictly in that order."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And Christmas has come early...

Steven Moffat :
"Clara is gone and will never return. I will not reveal any forecast about her fate. I can only say that what will happen will shock, terrify and surprise you. Strictly in that order."
they had their chance with clara in the dalek seat, it would have allowed her character to come full circle and go out in a tragic bang. now im sure its going to be some pretentiously complicated manner with heavy music playing the whole thing up. oh well, at least she is gone and we hopefully get a less annoying new companion.

also i am tired of them tryharding how "hip" the capaldi doctor is. it keeps reminding me of that classic simpsons episode where sideshow bob gets angry at how cliche television has become so he takes a nuke and holds tv hostage. i keep expecting capaldi to say "im going to haul ass for lollapalooza"

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Moffat is a smart guy and he knows damn well in 50 years during the 100th anniversary people will still be using HIS 50th anniversary and episodes as the basis for their storylines. So Clara is going to be important I think. We wont be telling our great grandchildren she was just some dumb bitch he killed off.

I've never liked her character at all, but now that there is a light at the end of the tunnel I'm pretty curious to see where he will go with her.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I hope not. There's definitely going to be a connection however. Moffat didn't setup the whole story with the Master bringing them together and that whole line about friend inside the enemy, vice versa...for no reason. Ashildr also returns later this season, and there's still that immortality chip floating about.