Doctor Who

Chris

Potato del Grande
the Siren was nice too.
doctor-who-the-black-spot.jpg
Pretty sure she is a model with nudes online.

• 1WTF
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why do they even make those videos? Is there some dedicated YouTube fanbase that can't wait to see the "Case Files" on the new enemies from Doctor Who?

Seems like a waste of resources.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yes? dr who fans, whovians as it were... are some of the most autistic fans in existence. make star trek/starwars/twilight, etc fans look sane.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Why do they even make those videos? Is there some dedicated YouTube fanbase that can't wait to see the "Case Files" on the new enemies from Doctor Who?

Seems like a waste of resources.

Because someone else will make one and get the ad revenue from it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure she is a model with nudes online.
She's a model/actress, Lily Cole. She was the girl in 'The imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus', for example. And yes.. she has some softcore nudes online.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
New Time Vortex is dumb - why such a drastic change? And the light on top of the TARDIS is blue now?

Yes, i'm bitching about minor shit like this. Fuck that.

This week felt meh, boring predictable overused plot with toxic waste making larger-than-usual creatures and yes we get it, making fun of a Trump clone is easy chuckles these days.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's watchable. There's no explicit issues, they just needs to make it more interesting. Having story arcs would help.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, I mean i'm still watching it regardless, just wish they'd ramp this shit up a little bit and get into the real essence of Doctor Who, like you said - a good story arc. I know they didn't want to bring back any of the more traditional villains this season, but give us some sort of hints at a bigger underlying plotline at least.

That and maybe enough with the heavy handed strong-female references. First Rosa Parks, then they just so happen to work a name drop of Amelia Earhart (first female to blah blah) and Edith Wharton (first female to win pulitzer for literature or some shit) into the same episode? We. Get. It. Some off-hand remark that the Doctor had sisters? Or was possibly a sister before? (I'm hoping they meant Sister in the nun sense). We. Fucking. Get. It.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
That and maybe enough with the heavy handed strong-female references. First Rosa Parks, then they just so happen to work a name drop of Amelia Earhart (first female to blah blah) and Edith Wharton (first female to win pulitzer for literature or some shit) into the same episode? We. Get. It. Some off-hand remark that the Doctor had sisters? Or was possibly a sister before? (I'm hoping they meant Sister in the nun sense). We. Fucking. Get. It.
Thank you! Episode was flowing nicely then they come to a screeching halt with lines like those. However I did like how they had The Doctor being confused and awkward around Yaz's family, reminded me a bit of Mat Smith in The Lodger episode.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
each episode is to be standalone. at least thats what they said.
That's sad, this show NEEDS universe building. The old episodes all used to be multi episode stories.

Just because Moffat fucked up the little season long story arcs doesn't mean that the guy you specifically hired because of his episodic storytelling will. Russel T Davies did season long story arcs REALLY well.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's sad, this show NEEDS universe building. The old episodes all used to be multi episode stories.

Just because Moffat fucked up the little season long story arcs doesn't mean that the guy you specifically hired because of his episodic storytelling will. Russel T Davies did season long story arcs REALLY well.
Doctor Who producer confirms no story arc for series 11
It’s recently been confirmed by executive producer Matt Strevens that there won’t be a story arc for Series Eleven. We might expect some character development, but plot-wise, all the episodes will be standalone.

I’d say the only series arc is the growing relationship between the Doctor and her new friends, and how that team builds across the series. In terms of a story arc, there’s a few little treats in there if you watch every episode, there’s a few little things, but no – mainly it’s standalone. T​
yep

• 1WTF

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, im really disappointed by that, but it matches i heard whittaker say in her interview before ep1. I really hope we arent just the minority that wants story arcs and they fix it for next season.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah me too, and not trying to sound like i'm just spewing endless hatred for this show, because I love Doctor Who as a whole, but I honestly feel like a full season of these stand alone episodes with no arc...by the end of the season ratings are probably going to tank.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so is the rumor true that there wont be a christmas special, but a new years special and the show isnt coming back til 2020? that doesnt sound like how you make a hit show.

• 1WTF

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah that's what i'm hearing - first season since the reboot with Eccleston that isn't going to have a Christmas special. Way to go, Chibnall.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
so is the rumor true that there wont be a christmas special, but a new years special and the show isnt coming back til 2020? that doesnt sound like how you make a hit show.

Reading between the lines, it would seem this new cast and crew are duds. I watched part of the first show and fell asleep and didn't finish. Haven't been back since.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah that's what i'm hearing - first season since the reboot with Eccleston that isn't going to have a Christmas special. Way to go, Chibnall.
one rumor is that chibnail didnt want to offend the muslims and the other is that they had no story ideas for a chrsitmas special. i can tell nobody here wanted to even talk about last week's episode with the Nibbler monster and the pregnant man.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think the Muslim theory might be stretching it a bit, but who knows. I mean hell, the popular theory that "they've just run out of Christmas ideas" is honestly very believable seeing the current staff's writing.