Doctor Who

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
An additional potential downside to this whole shitshow will be people commenting on Jodie Whittaker's Doctor will be the longest running one in 70 years time when they take this off the air and the odd octogenarian neckbeard still talks about it.

It's like the closing of a moebius loop though I suppose. The show returned with a Yorkshire accent and will probably end with one.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Like how they fixed a maybe plothole in a 60 year old episode nobody living has actually seen (the Mobius faces), creating new plotholes in episodes from the last 15 years everyone has seen and new plotholes in some of those old episode too.

Hey it did explain all that "Hybrid" bullshit from the last Clara season that went nowhere though, the Timelords were hybrids and there were Timelord/Cyberman hybrids and Gallifrey was destroyed.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So....

As a lifelong fan I'm getting the sense that I should just consider the series done after the last Dr and not watch any of the Whittaker one? (Which so far I have managed to completely avoid)...

So it's GoT final season all over.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Go back and watch the old Tom Baker episodes (now "Classic Doctor Who"). Still very enjoyable.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
So....

As a lifelong fan I'm getting the sense that I should just consider the series done after the last Dr and not watch any of the Whittaker one? (Which so far I have managed to completely avoid)...

So it's GoT final season all over.
yeah pretty much the female doctor series has shit writing and cringe acting. I think I'm done too.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Not to respoil, but what exactly is the season cliffhanger?

The Doctor was the first whatever and pre Doctor was female whatever?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Basically, back before Time-Lords were a culture, one of the indigenous races of Gallifrey who's name escapes me discovered space travel. They sent a lone woman scientist (of course) into space, where she found a world that contained a special portal/rift to another universe or something. At the base of the portal, was a young black girl (of course) who she adopted and took back to Gallifrey. After a childhood incident, the young black girl died and then regenerated into a young asian girl (of course). The mother ran all these tests, figured out the gene for regeneration, spliced it into some members of their society (with a limit of 12 regenerations) and thus this lone female explorer/scientist lady creates the Time Lord society (of course).

Oh, and The Doctor we know is the original young black girl (of course); meaning The Doctor is the reason Time Lords exist, and is now a magical alien from another universe with endless regenerative capabilities. Only the spliced-created Time Lords have a limit of 12 regens. Old Black Woman Doctor is basically just one of the lives The Doctor has lived over their billion of year life span, now. They just only remember the last 13 regenerations, cause plot.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Basically, back before Time-Lords were a culture, one of the indigenous races of Gallifrey who's name escapes me discovered space travel. They sent a lone woman scientist (of course) into space, where she found a world that contained a special portal/rift to another universe or something. At the base of the portal, was a young black girl (of course) who she adopted and took back to Gallifrey. After a childhood incident, the young black girl died and then regenerated into a young asian girl (of course). The mother ran all these tests, figured out the gene for regeneration, spliced it into some members of their society (with a limit of 12 regenerations) and thus this lone female explorer/scientist lady creates the Time Lord society (of course).

Oh, and The Doctor we know is the original young black girl (of course); meaning The Doctor is the reason Time Lords exist, and is now a magical alien from another universe with endless regenerative capabilities. Only the spliced-created Time Lords have a limit of 12 regens. Old Black Woman Doctor is basically just one of the lives The Doctor has lived over their billion of year life span, now. They just only remember the last 13 regenerations, cause plot.
giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Graham and Ryan leaving after the already-filmed xmas special. Yaz will continue on as the presumably sole companion.

Chris

Potato del Grande

1) Showrunner is autistic and wanted to fill in plotholes. There was an episode in the 60s before the lore was locked down that implied that The Doctor had incarnations before William Hartnell, The 2nd Doctor was hooked up to a machine that showed his past incarnations and the production team provided extra faces. People who saw that live are in their 70s at least and probably don't remember. There's also some uncertainty about how many regenerations The Doctor has had under the 12 limit, as Matt Smith was the final incarnation so are we are counting David Tennant regenerating twice? Now it doesn't matter.

Except now we have x10 more plotholes from this contradicting previous episodes.

2) Toxic white male fandom can't complain about female doctors or future diverse doctors because The Doctor is now originally black. BBC diversity and inclusion policy!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
has any actor noped out of the companion role until now?

also this episode had lower ratings than the shows before it and after. that means people shut their TVs off until it was over.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When you think they're going "the future is female" but they swerve to "the past is female"

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
has any actor noped out of the companion role until now?
I don't think so, companions tend to be unknowns so what else do they have to do? The exceptions were Rose who was a 90s pop star, Donna who was a comedian with her own show and Graham who is a quiz show host.

Yaz was in a daily soap opera for 3 years 2012-2015, probably the least watched British one. She's had a handful of guest appearances on other soap operas since then according to Wikipedia. Her career is over.

Ryan was in the same soap opera from 2011-2012 and has had bit parts on TV and Movies since. His career is going nowhere. I don't know how they paid the bills doing nothing for so long.

Graham did some stuff before but I know him from being in the largest daily soap opera for 2 years and transitioning into his quiz show hosting which is still on TV after 11 years. He is going to be just fine, his own show is only a million behind Dr Who in the ratings now and it's on several times a week haha

Maybe Karen Gillian chose to leave to be a multi billion grossing Hollywood actress? I can't think of any other companion who has done anything higher profile than Dr Who. There's been a few sideways moves like Clara playing Queen Victoria in a multi season drama and John Barrowman doing some presenting. The actress who played Bill probably isn't getting much work :)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't think so, companions tend to be unknowns so what else do they have to do? The exceptions were Rose who was a 90s pop star, Donna who was a comedian with her own show and Graham who is a quiz show host.

Yaz was in a daily soap opera for 3 years 2012-2015, probably the least watched British one. She's had a handful of guest appearances on other soap operas since then according to Wikipedia. Her career is over.

Ryan was in the same soap opera from 2011-2012 and has had bit parts on TV and Movies since. His career is going nowhere. I don't know how they paid the bills doing nothing for so long.

Graham did some stuff before but I know him from being in the largest daily soap opera for 2 years and transitioning into his quiz show hosting which is still on TV after 11 years. He is going to be just fine, his own show is only a million behind Dr Who in the ratings now and it's on several times a week haha

Maybe Karen Gillian chose to leave to be a multi billion grossing Hollywood actress? I can't think of any other companion who has done anything higher profile than Dr Who. There's been a few sideways moves like Clara playing Queen Victoria in a multi season drama and John Barrowman doing some presenting. The actress who played Bill probably isn't getting much work :)
i was thinking Karen, but then i remembered her and the guy who played rory expressing disappointment at not getting one more season to say a proper goodbye.
it was announced like this