Doctor Who

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Doctor Who: The Doctors Revisited - The Tenth Doctor premieres Sunday, October 27, 8:00pm ET/PT. The special is followed by the Tenth Doctor two-part story The Stolen Earth and Journey's End.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yea, maybe he only wanted one year, but he went about it the wrong way. He gambled on Seeker and GI Joe and lost.
GI Joe was 4 years after his spot on who. I'm not sure the whole 'seduced by hollywood bigtime' conspiracy theory actually holds up very well.

Is it really so unimaginable that he was telling the truth, and that he'd leave because he didn't like the people he was working with ?

iannis

Musty Nester
That reboot was sort of iffy to begin with. It could have flopped spectacularly. I'd imagine there was a lot of stress for the entire production that first year and most of that stress would be channeled into the lead writer(s) and the lead actor. I have to think that unless everyone made a specific effort not to feed him, Eccelstone ate a lot of shit that wasn't rightfully his to eat on a weekly basis. Then again, even if that did happen, maybe he should have expected it to -- being part of the nature of attempting to revive an iconic franchise. If the enterprise had failed, Eccelstone would have taken the brunt of the blame no doubt.

But you know, he was really good at getting the show back up off the ground. He was precisely the kind of doctor they needed. He mostly played the straight man against the cosmos's ridiculous nature and it mostly worked. It would have been harder starting off with Tennant, and it would have failed if they'd tried to start with Smith.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The only two things I've ever heard about Ecclestone's leaving.

1) He has said many times very bluntly that he did not like the production. Everyone from the actor to a stagehand has an equal role in the "company" and someone or someones treated the lower end staff like shit.

2) He did not like the direction that Davies was taking Doctor Who. It's a children show. All the rampant bisexuality he included which culminated with the Doctor kissing another man (Jack), infuriated him and he felt Davies was using the show as his personal pulpit like Davies had done with previous shows.

2 sounds like bullshit, but I have heard that so many times from so many fans I figured I'd mention it. Also to be fair, Jack is my favorite companion of all time and I'm a huge fan of Barrowman, so I have no axe to grind. Personally like anything in life, I'm sure it's a combination of a lot of things.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It was well known at the time that he was probally only going to do one season since he was already getting work in movies and didn't like being typecast, where is all this bullshit coming from?
His issues with the production team have come to light recently with Moffat being a dick to him, but even if there were issues with Davies it isn't really relevant to him leaving though it may be relevant to him not coming back.

It is sad that all of the scifi/fantasy programming at the BBC is in the hands of retards.

Silence_sl

shitlord
It was well known at the time that he was probally only going to do one season since he was already getting work in movies and didn't like being typecast, where is all this bullshit coming from?
His issues with the production team have come to light recently with Moffat being a dick to him, but even if there were issues with Davies it isn't really relevant to him leaving though it may be relevant to him not coming back.

It is sad that all of the scifi/fantasy programming at the BBC is in the hands of retards.
It's not recent at all. He was pretty vocal about staff getting treated like shit when he was doing the show.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Bunch of slackers ITT, no-one has posted the trailer yet?

23rd November.

Clara's reflection in the orb is Susan Foreman. That's pretty much all I could focus on :p Would be nice to be right about one theory every 50 years...

Also loved the spray paint "NO MORE" when the Doctor says I fought for peace in a Universe at war.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't know how I stumbled onto it, I think it was a "where are they now" type Doctor article, but I had no idea Colin Baker had evolved into like, George RR Martin levels of fat and obese. Good lord.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, he's a big boy. He was in Hustle some years back, it was only his voice that gave it away.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Thought they had gone quiet on the 3D stuff they were shouting about last year!

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/ar...emas-worldwide

The 50th Anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor will be screened in 3D in cinemas across the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada, Germany and Russia, doctorwho.tv can reveal.

The cinema screenings will take place the same time as the UK TV broadcast on BBC One on 23rd November 2013, giving fans another unique opportunity to be part of a truly global celebration for the iconic British drama series.

216 VUE, Cineworld, Odeon, BFI and Picturehouse cinemas in the UK and Ireland have already confirmed their participation, with tickets for the anniversary screening set to go on sale this Friday October 25th at 9am. Locations include London, Birmingham, Belfast, Dublin, Liverpool, Cardiff and Edinburgh.
3d telly takeup has been much lower than the "experts" had predicted so it makes sense to do it this way rather than just do the 3d tranmission for the 37,000 people or so who'll watch it that way.

P0bmyy2.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
3d telly takeup has been much lower than the "experts" had predicted so it makes sense to do it this way rather than just do the 3d tranmission for the 37,000 people or so who'll watch it that way.

P0bmyy2.png
It was the same thing in the states a few years back. ESPN/ABC/DISNEY all converted to have 3D channels, pimped the hell out of it and the TV's. Totally flopped. Our stores used to have entire aisles devoted to 3D Blu-Ray's, now it's the end of the Bluray aisle, or the bargain bin.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
It was the same thing in the states a few years back. ESPN/ABC/DISNEY all converted to have 3D channels, pimped the hell out of it and the TV's. Totally flopped. Our stores used to have entire aisles devoted to 3D Blu-Ray's, now it's the end of the Bluray aisle, or the bargain bin.
Yea, now they package them with a BluRay and a DVD as a combo pack along with the usual BR/DVD and standard DVD versions. I presume so that people who want a 3D tv can have the version handy when the time comes. Only single disc BR i see now coming out are the Imax and nature DVDs.

Qhue

Trump's Staff

The Big Finish audio dramas are a mixed bag, lots of people really like them but I find them hot and cold depending on the cast and the writer. Anywho this one is worth mentioning because it has the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Doctors plus one companion from each era all in one special story.

In other news searching for Day of the Doctor on fandango.com shows it being a special event on Monday Nov 25th... which is class-A-one retarded if true since the whole point of the damn thing is simultaneous showings across the whole planet.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
In other news searching for Day of the Doctor on fandango.com shows it being a special event on Monday Nov 25th... which is class-A-one retarded if true since the whole point of the damn thing is simultaneous showings across the whole planet.
From what I gathered from the talk from BBC and DW, it was going to be a very limited cinema simulcast in the US. The simulcast will be in a handful of cinemas across the country, where the Monday showings are in about 300 theaters. They are probably doing this so people who want to see it in 3D can. Also, its a little more in the BBC pocket for the series budget.

Most people will be watching it at home anyways. I will, and then go Monday to see it in 3D