Doctor Who

Chris

Potato del Grande
its been shit for ten years. are you surprised now?
I was hoping that Russel T Davies would bring it back yeah. I didn't watch any of Jodie Whittaker other than the first three episodes then Timeless Child just to hate on it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I was hoping that Russel T Davies would bring it back yeah. I didn't watch any of Jodie Whittaker other than the first three episodes then Timeless Child just to hate on it.

His early scripts generally explored concepts of religion and sexuality among various backdrops: Revelations was a soap opera about organised religion and featured a lesbian vicar; Springhill was a soap drama about a Catholic family in contemporary Liverpool; The Grand explored society's opinion of subjects such as prostitution, abortion and homosexuality during the interwar period; and Queer as Folk recreated his experiences in the Manchester gay scene. His work in the 2000s included Bob & Rose, which portrayed a gay man who fell in love with a woman; The Second Coming, which focused on the second coming and deicide of Jesus Christ from a mostly non-religious point of view; Mine All Mine, a comedy about a family who discover they own the entire city of Swansea; and Casanova, an adaptation of the complete memoirs of Venetian adventurer Giacomo Casanova.

1700388186350.png

Yeah seems like a logical thing to wish for

Chris

Potato del Grande
His early scripts generally explored concepts of religion and sexuality among various backdrops: Revelations was a soap opera about organised religion and featured a lesbian vicar; Springhill was a soap drama about a Catholic family in contemporary Liverpool; The Grand explored society's opinion of subjects such as prostitution, abortion and homosexuality during the interwar period; and Queer as Folk recreated his experiences in the Manchester gay scene. His work in the 2000s included Bob & Rose, which portrayed a gay man who fell in love with a woman; The Second Coming, which focused on the second coming and deicide of Jesus Christ from a mostly non-religious point of view; Mine All Mine, a comedy about a family who discover they own the entire city of Swansea; and Casanova, an adaptation of the complete memoirs of Venetian adventurer Giacomo Casanova.

View attachment 500997

Yeah seems like a logical thing to wish for
It's a Sin was really good though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Davies can write good stories, but he's gay and writes gay stories when there is nobody to tell him "no". Eccelston to Tennant somebody was there to tell him to cut the gay shit out on a traditional children's show. he couldnt hold his gay inside so they gave him another show to gay to his heart's content. it was called Torchwood. who is there tell Davies "no" now in the woke era? Torchwood is gone now too.

• 2Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jesus fucking Christ. 15 minutes into the new special and they just can't help themselves can they.

Had to cram in some transgender bullshit. I know this direction is typical for Who these days but just god damn, I dunno. I saw David Tennant and Davies and just though maybe just maybe I could have one peaceful nostalgic adventure away from this shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus fucking Christ. 15 minutes into the new special and they just can't help themselves can they.

Had to cram in some transgender bullshit. I know this direction is typical for Who these days but just god damn, I dunno. I saw David Tennant and Davies and just thought maybe just maybe I could have one peaceful nostalgic adventure away from this shit.

I’m guessing you mean “Rose”. I’m like two minutes in and I’m like, “Hello Adam’s Apple!”.

Okay, that was fucking awful.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Had to cram in some transgender bullshit. I know this direction is typical for Who these days but just god damn, I dunno. I saw David Tennant and Davies and just though maybe just maybe I could have one peaceful nostalgic adventure away from this shit.
i dont like being right. fuck, they ruined everything.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
While watching it I was laughing and saying : "MAGA is gonna really hate this" and sure enough here come the whiny bitches.

The added budget was very noticeable and maybe a bit over the top in terms of 'we can afford to do stuff like proper CGI now!' but I nevertheless enjoyed it.

• 2Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK.

The episode was really good and it's worth watching. The villian was really entertaining and I'd like to see it reoccur, CGI got a massive upgrade and I enjoyed the story.

It also has the most vomit inducing woke moments I have ever seen, but I think they were so over the top that it's so bad it's good. It's like "The Room" of woke.

Like... did regeneration energy transition Rose's penis? LMAO.

• 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Guys you have to watch it, I can't make fun of this on my own.

Is it D+ only or something? It was "free" to watch in the UK.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
1963-1989 = Classic
2005-2022 = NuWho
2023- = ???

DisneyWho or Dr Disney Princess. Second one would have worked better if jodie whittaker had been the first disney dr.

Cybsled

Watched the special - the "alien of the week" plotline was pretty predictable from the get go and it was nice seeing the DoctorDonna again. Donna was always an underrated companion. The "message" they worked into the special was pretty heavy handed, though. Like they could have made it work with better writing, but it was Supergirl on CW levels of subtlety so it felt really forced.

I'm assuming that cryptic line about "2 hearted creatures are rare, I'm going to have to tell the boss" is going to be what the 2nd special revolves around. The Master maybe? Although they've used him a lot lately, so not sure it would fit to bring him back so soon unless they plan to recast him and use him in the next series.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did they really change davros into a big nosed white guy who could walk because Davies was scared that people would start to think that everyone in a wheelchair was evil?

Yes, yes they did.

• 2Worf