Does Anyone Read Chinese?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was hoping you got an unfortunate tattoo and needed someone to decipher what was permanently inked on your body. I am disappoint in this thread.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
How do the Chinese mock english? What would the bizzaro version be?
They don't really.

OK! HELLOOO!? NICE TO MEET YOU? OK OK
VERY GOOD!

If anything, a combination of these words said very obnoxiously. At least the less educated know a few words though.

Age of Wushu is actually pretty good as far as skill based only MMO's go. Definitely a diversion from the typical Chinese MMO. This looks pretty interesting though.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Has anyone gotten this game to work on a US machine. I have downloaded 3x from 3 different servers. I also downloaded the manual patch of where it was stuck. My buddy also did the same thing. We got the same error in every instance. Essentially, it seems like extracting the patch is failing on one file called data.vfs. Any infoz would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like this guy had the same problem on the official help forums:

help me!!! VFS data.vfs error - ?-??~??^?O? - ?--?^~?z - Powered by Discuz!

OMFG, I think I found the answer, LOL. Honestly, trying to troublesupport a game using only google translate is like the best starter quest experience ever.

??VFS??????????? - ????? - ??? - Powered by Discuz!

Oloh_sl

shitlord
OK, this shit is still not working. I have done a ton of searching on the official Chinese troubleshooting forums and I see the post below linked in almost every VFS error thread:

rrr_img_52289.jpg

Now, I used Google Translate to try to follow and from what I can guess, it is telling me to do this:

1. First, uninstall the game, remove it from recycle bin and delete the installation folder.
2. Second, re-install the game, but do not launch it.
3. Note the Game version that you installed.
4. Go to the manual download webpage and find the next patch with a higher version number than your version. Download it.

[This is where I get a little lost]

5. Download all patches from the website and put them inside the patches folder.
6. Start the Game and it should automatically update.

Is 5 and 6 right, or am I missing something?

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
OK, this shit is still not working. I have done a ton of searching on the official Chinese troubleshooting forums and I see the post below linked in almost every VFS error thread:

rrr_img_52289.jpg

Now, I used Google Translate to try to follow and from what I can guess, it is telling me to do this:

1. First, uninstall the game, remove it from recycle bin and delete the installation folder.
2. Second, re-install the game, but do not launch it.
3. Note the Game version that you installed.
4. Go to the manual download webpage and find the next patch with a higher version number than your version. Download it.

[This is where I get a little lost]

5. Download all patches from the website and put them inside the patches folder.
6. Start the Game and it should automatically update.

Is 5 and 6 right, or am I missing something?
Yeah, I dunno. He mentions the official website missing a patch which you have to ask him for, but I think it has probably been updated already? Other than that, I think you got everything. I might give it a shot later.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
After a week of fucking around with this for like 4 hours a night, I think i finally figured it out. You have to completely remove the game from your system, set the default locale for Windows as China (not just the language pack and not just your input language, but the entire system location), then install the game.

Mission accomplished! Unfortunately, I think I've probably had more fun installing it than I will playing...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yea, fucking Koreans copying everyone... not innovative at all with their Samsung products! *eyeroll*
I'm not saying the stereotype is true, but Samsung is a bad example. It came out in the Apple lawsuit that they actually had like a 150 page document explaining every detail of the iPhone and how to make their phones more like it.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm not saying the stereotype is true, but Samsung is a bad example. It came out in the Apple lawsuit that they actually had like a 150 page document explaining every detail of the iPhone and how to make their phones more like it.
There's a reason why people are fleeing from Samsung's fabs.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was actually referring to their Televisions. Samsung has been making some of the top TVs for a while now. Just 5-10 years ago, this was a fairly dominated market by Sony.

Even with that said, I have had two iPhones before buying my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I find the S4 vastly superior to the iPhone. It feels pretty different overall in the Android OS as well. I know they all copy one another, but I still feel the Samsung is > iPhone.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm sure there are lots of exceptions to the rule, but Koreans (and Asians in general) are some of the most uncreative, inside-the-box thinkers I've ever met. I teach classes of international students, usually 12 - 20 with as many as 6 - 12 nationalities together in each class. The Asian students--but especially the Koreans--are just so...bland? Boring? It's not that they're stupid, far from it, actually. However, it seems like they are able to absorb and memorize tons of knowledge but are unable to apply it. Like, I'll give them some kind of simple task and if every single step isn't spelled out for them they are often incapable of doing it. On the other hand, my European and South American students have no problems improvising, using logic, and finding creative ways to accomplish tasks.

It's purely anecdotal, but it's interesting to see such a direct comparison between the cultures and how they think and operate.

On the flip side, I've found that Brazilians tend to be by far the most creative cultural I've ever encountered. Why can't they start making MMOs?!?!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried to take Chinese in college but so few people signed up for the class they cancelled it. By too few I mean I was the only person
frown.png
Had to take Spanish AGAIN (6 years total, hola).