Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm on episode 2 right now. Wow this is fucked up. My question is: was law enforcement looking for this guy after the murder video was posted to puregore.com?

Bestgore informed the police as soon as the video was posted on the site, within 10 mins of it being uploaded. It was removed for a while but course by then it was viral.

I don't think the police took them very seriously. The video was posted to bestgore the same night or the next morning of the murder if I remember right.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm on episode 2 right now. Wow this is fucked up. My question is: was law enforcement looking for this guy after the murder video was posted to puregore.com?

edit: seems like police got involved when they found the body in the suitcase?
It's a bit misleading. The doc makes it seems like it happened over many weeks but really the entire timeline was pretty short. The video being posted and suitcase being found were essentially at exactly the same time

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
This is why I hate documentary for the most part. All they do is show one side of the story. Very few do both sides the justice.
Probably because it's easier to make and sell a docudrama than something actually informative.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It really seems like the facebook people did nothing. Their only break was when someone randomly told them "his name is luka magnotta". But they never figured out who that was? Think it was Luka himself?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'll try to give this a gander, but when my wife was watching it, it seemed kinda boring

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It really seems like the facebook people did nothing. Their only break was when someone randomly told them "his name is luka magnotta". But they never figured out who that was? Think it was Luka himself?

I don't think it was him, he was getting off on the attention. Putting him own name forward for that might have ended up with him getting prosecuted which would have ended his shenanigans.

Also he was fucking a tranny, a really fucking ugly tranny.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 8.16.47 AM.png

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
that was more netflix bullshit,

this was from the first video of the person telling the "group" that the suspect is luka
80a5d05c1ae65116eedd8e3b88599ca8.png

then in the third eps they open up the fold of known aliases
e026d8cb0b6b82701e1086c288672261.png

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
that was more netflix bullshit,

this was from the first video of the person telling the "group" that the suspect is luka
80a5d05c1ae65116eedd8e3b88599ca8.png

then in the third eps they open up the fold of known aliases
e026d8cb0b6b82701e1086c288672261.png

So Luka himself likely told them that? So the FB people really discovered nothing!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So Luka himself likely told them that? So the FB people really discovered nothing!
facebook ppl were worthless, 2 years of junk, they're the reason why police HAVE to ignore stupid zealots and pretendacops

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's also incredibly dangerous. Imagine the police raiding some dude and maybe killing him on accident because some dumb internet detective hunch. I mean look at the dudes who get swatted and killed.

Also Facebook lady had the face of one of those cats with the squished face.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's also incredibly dangerous. Imagine the police raiding some dude and maybe killing him on accident because some dumb internet detective hunch. I mean look at the dudes who get swatted and killed.

Also Facebook lady had the face of one of those cats with the squished face.
did anybody watch this series and for facebook lady thought, Mist Mist ???

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I frequent a few true crime forums and subreddits and 90% of the people that post and join those places are batshit insane. They all tend to be bored housewives who think that every woman that goes missing has been sold into sexual slavery or that people that have clearly been murdered somehow changed their identity and started a new life.

Nearly everyone's useless in those communities, but there's the odd person every now and again who is a cop or a forensic pathologist or something so that makes reading the stuff worthwhile for me.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Only non law enforcement that did anything worthwhile was the internet cafe dude. Wonder if he was actually looking at the picture when guy walked in, either way, good on him for not spooking/tipping him off.

Jive Turkey

Karen
The fat internet lady was incredibly annoying and self important. She wants the police to take her seriously, but literally made posts like "oommmggggggggggggggg wtf???" when a new video would get uploaded

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Whats the story here?

Someone in the Facebook group accused some Aussie troll and when asked he said "yeah, I kill kittens lul" or some shit so everyone assumed it really was him. The whole group bullied the shit out of him and like a week later he killed himself. That was as much detail as the doc went into.