Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer

Genre: Crime, Documentary

First aired: 2019-12-18

Cast: Deanna Thompson, John Green

Overview: A group of online justice seekers track down a guy who posted a video of him killing kittens.

Rime

<Donor>
Ha. I thought I was stroking out and you were actually reviewing (favorably) a Bratz doll show.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
11706-Crc4XkhLddMTNJfj1iLca0w1Bb.jpg

Title: Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer

Genre: Crime, Documentary

Cast: Deanna Thompson, John Green

First aired: 2019-12-18

Overview: A group of online justice seekers track down a guy who posted a video of him killing kittens.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It's a disturbing documentary on the killer who shipped out body parts in Canada. Really fucking disturbing.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think the fat chick in Vegas faked the “video of the place she worked”. She was under an alias and the killer didn’t seem interested in the group.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I liked how they skimmed over the fact that they cyber bullied a guy to death.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is why I hate documentary for the most part. All they do is show one side of the story. Very few do both sides the justice.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the fat chick in Vegas faked the “video of the place she worked”. She was under an alias and the killer didn’t seem interested in the group.
This part was very questionable and seemed out of place from the other events. It implied that Magnotta somehow dox'd her, flew to Vegas, took the video, then anonymously uploaded it to a fake Youtube account hoping that she would follow the breadcrumbs and see it. Seems far fetched, since Magnotta was all about doing his crazy shit to further his own fame and this was all very much behind the scenes.

This is also a prime example in how delusional parents can be. Magnotta's mom is pretty pathetic here and she comes off as crazy as he is.

They also hardly got into the motivations of shipping the body parts to the political parties. I feel like it didn't fit into the documentaries narrative, so they yadda yadda it. It is hard to tell with this guy which parts of the story were his incompetence and which were his attempt to show just enough of himself and what he was doing to further his fame and not get caught on the spot. The amount of camera footage they got for the documentary is incredible. How could he walk in and out of his apartment building every day and not see the camera staring him in the face? And you don't know with this psycho if that was all apart of his plan or not.

All in all, it was a disturbing, but also compelling story. I didn't happen that long ago, but I do not remember hearing anything about it in the news.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Disturbing unbelievable story. Started last night next thing I know it’s 2 am... fucking netflix

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my wife wanted to see it, and she googled for the unshown videos and it was fucked up, shes like, "do you want to see the vacuum sealer videos? they're really fucked"

i'm like

"NO, i'm the one that uses the vacuum sealer!"

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I appreciate that the Documentary skirted around the more fucked up parts of the videos. They leave stuff implied and cut the camera footage short of showing the disturbing parts.

I don't need to see that shit. I don't want to see that shit.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
So in the end the internet vigilanties didn't achieve anything and all of the work was done by proper law enforcement.. That was my take.. Did the vigilanties contribute anything to the investigation? I didn't notice any.. They did try to tip law enforcement off to him before the murder though. Had to laugh at the section where she was spam tweeting shit like 'you have to listen to us' @Canada police... pathetic.

I think so too. Unless she had posted personal details in that public group (which is possible).. but also why would he have bothered doing that? Made no sense.
Was also pretty funny at the end where she meets the other guy in the cafe and thanks him for sticking with it, saying she would probably have quit if he handn't been there to help and he said 'i think so too', then she said something to the effect of that he'd have quit if she didn't stick with it and he replied 'im not sure about that'.. burn!

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was also pretty funny at the end where she meets the other guy in the cafe and thanks him for sticking with it, saying she would probably have quit if he handn't been there to help and he said 'i think so too', then she said something to the effect of that he'd have quit if she didn't stick with it and he replied 'im not sure about that'.. burn!
These are the two "heroes" of the story and you include a cringe interaction where one is shitting on the other as your only moment of them together.

Can you imagine just how awkward their entire conversation must have been in order for that exchange to be what they included in the movie?

• 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The editing/framing for this was atrocious; gave up on it despite being somewhat interested in the freak show

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It was good. Probably don't want to watch the video of the dude being murdered though. That's pretty high up on my list of worst things I've seen.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm on episode 2 right now. Wow this is fucked up. My question is: was law enforcement looking for this guy after the murder video was posted to puregore.com?

edit: seems like police got involved when they found the body in the suitcase?

TV show information provided by The Movie Database