Don't Look Up (2021)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This movie isn't that great and I think everyone has different reasons why they don't think it's good. Which means it's legit not good.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't remember anything good besides Jonas being an asshole an I still think it was bad for the most part

Goatface

1644418961575.png

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This being nominated for best picture is the most successful joke related to the film.

• 3Like
  • 1Ice Burn
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow Ive seen half the movies on that list and found them all pretty forgettable. Woof.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dune is a good movie, but not sure about picture of the year material. The latest Spiderman belongs on that list. Was a really shit year for movies, I guess. Belfast was Ok I suppose. Rest of that list is dogshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This movie is clearly about climate change, not COVID. Jesus.

I saw bits and pieces of it because someone I know was watching it* while I was over there hanging out. * - I mean they had it on the TV but nobody was really watching it

Can't formulate a legit opinion on it due to the "bits and pieces" part but I can say that Dicaprio's speeches sorta reminded me of that scene in Wonder Woman 1984 when Wonder Woman is struggling against the Trump stand-in bad guy (in a fight inside the White House, lol) and she turns and looks at the camera to tell the audience that "stopping him is up to you now" in one of the weirdest movie scenes I've ever seen.

...and then the movie got delayed until after the election.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not even close to accurate. The big bad "Hollywood" is made up of both sides. What you're upset with are the writers, and good luck changing that. Artists (writers, singers, painters, etc.) tend to be liberals, just like farmers, critics, and the military tend to be conservatives. A liberal farmer isn't gonna work any better than a conservative sculptor would. Just wired differently. Right brain vs. left brain thinking. And that's okay. The world needs both.

And dude, the most watched news outlet in the U.S. is extremely conservative: Fox News.

Check your outrage.

The main reason Fox is the most-watched outlet is because it's the only mainstream conservative outlet. The rest of them divide up the left-leaning audience. ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN split that audience five ways. There isn't really anything splitting the conservative audience on TV. The closest thing is that most right-leaning people have dropped cable news entirely and watch podcasts/internet personalities instead.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That's what Elon Musk is like?

Elon Musk is the left's ideal billionaire. Pays 100% of his taxes without trying to hide anything, is open and transparent about his money and everything else, and BUILDS AND POPULARIZES ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY CARS. The only thing he's ever done to them is respond to their attacks on him.

The Trump-hate I at least understand, the Rogan-hate I sort of understand even if I find it very "whoosh". The Musk hate? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You probably count if you just browsed over it and were like "wtf is this?" while it annoyingly autoplayed. There's a reason you can't turn that stupid fucking feature off.

Yarp, this.

Ever notice how Youtube's autoplay (which you thankfully can turn off) always, ALWAYS moves you straight to a mainstream source after you finish an independent journo type political video? Finish a Styx or Razorfist video, 100% of the time the next thing it does is move you right to a Fox News video, etc.

Blah, post spam. I shoulda just done one big reply. Oh well.

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I heard the woke crowd was pissed at this movie because it lampoons the media for it's sloth and corruption. Without knowing anything about the plot, I assumed the title referred to banning anyone from researching shit (or looking up). Then I read this thread and redpillers are pissed at it too. Any movie that pisses off both sides can't be all bad.

Banning people from researching shit would be an interesting spin on this movie, especially with a Rogan type character stand-in who encourages people to think for themselves / research shit and gets slammed as a "far-right extremist" or whatever.

I'd like to see a movie like this where the meteor ends up not even existing, but it's too late because humanity has already moved everything underground and now live like mole-people, with a president who is clearly based on AOC or something. Last scene of the movie is everyone deep underground, not knowing that the meteor hasn't hit, while a pile of dead white people are on the surface (whoever had the blame white people / genocide idea, that'd be a solid addition to this version of the movie).

• 1Like