DOOM

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Gotten so used to controller I don't know if I can really go back to KBM fps.

For shame

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
People used to use gamepads or keyboard turn when Doom was in its infancy.

It was fun putting them into the negatives.

Hell, it was fun putting other mouse users into the negatives. But that usually took an evil map like d2m11.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Check your Steam bros. I saw the Doom Closed Beta as one of the featured games on those popups steam likes to do and it had a link to go install it and now I'm playing the Doom beta.

No clue how I would've gotten flagged for it, I bought Wolfenstein during a sale once, idk

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching some of the Doom beta streams, and I'm not that impressed with it, hope the campaign is good.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Watching some of the Doom beta streams, and I'm not that impressed with it, hope the campaign is good.
Yeah not impressed in the slightest so far. Having flashbacks to Duke nukem forever.

Edit: Nevermind. This game is going to suck I bet. Sounds like it was stop started, completely mismanaged, and doesn't have any identity. I'm guessing single player isn't going to be good based off that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(2016_video_game)

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really want this to be good but i'm afraid this is gonna be worse then Rage. The Beta looks meh.

Don't burn me again id people!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok nevermind make that two stop starts. 2011, and again in 2013. Jesus what a mess.

In April 2013, Kotaku published an expos? describing Doom 4 as trapped in "development hell". Citing connections to id, the article claims that Doom 4 has suffered under mismanagement, and that development was completely restarted in 2011. Inside sources described the pre-2011 version, which was to portray the uprising of hell on Earth, as heavily scripted and cinematic, comparing it to the Call of Duty franchise. The pre-2011 version was criticized as mediocre, but the sources also described the new version as "lame" and a "mess".[28] Id's Tim Willits said during Quakecon 2013: "Every game has a soul. Every game has a spirit. When you played Rage, you got the spirit. And [Doom 4] did not have the spirit, it did not have the soul, it didn't have a personality."[29]

After the game was sent back to the drawing board, Willits revealed in August 2013 that the next game in the Doom franchise was still the team's focus although he did not make it clear if the game was still meant to be titled Doom 4.[30] On February 19, 2014, Bethesda revealed that access to a beta version of Doom 4, renamed Doom, will be available for those who pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order on any of the platforms.[31] Those players were also eligible for selection to participate in the game's multiplayer-only limited alpha, which ran between December 3 and 6, 2015.[32] The beta is set to begin on March 31, 2016 and end on April 3, 2016.[33]
No hope what so ever for this thing.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So Ut have you already bought it or are you waiting until lunch break on release day?
Just reporting some stuff I dug up. I have a key code for Beta. Looks like a generic shooter. I would be more interested if it was the pre-2011 build - that actually sounds a lot more interesting from a Single Player Campaign. I'll have my plate full from Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3. Unless people here say it is a must have, no go. Sale or rental. I also just downgraded Quantum Break to a rental since it is only 10 hours long and 1 hour of that is live action TV and got bashed by Giant Bomb, and replays get you nothing different in alternate endings like they promised. My days of mindless fragging in shooter multiplayer is over - if I want to do that I may as well get some advancement out of it with The Division. Or I can just go play any of the call of duties for an hour.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just reporting some stuff I dug up. I have a key code for Beta. Looks like a generic shooter. I would be more interested if it was the pre-2011 build - that actually sounds a lot more interesting from a Single Player Campaign. I'll have my plate full from Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3. Unless people here say it is a must have, no go. Sale or rental. I also just downgraded Quantum Break to a rental since it is only 10 hours long and 1 hour of that is live action TV and got bashed by Giant Bomb, and replays get you nothing different in alternate endings like they promised. My days of mindless fragging in shooter multiplayer is over - if I want to do that I may as well get some advancement out of it with The Division. Or I can just go play any of the call of duties for an hour.
I don't care what people say, i'm buying it. If it sucks, it sucks, but I cannot let a reboot of a game that along with Wolfenstein got me started on FPS games get away from me.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wish they would remake RTCW multiplayer. Nothing but reboots except for what I fucking want.

spronk

FPS noob
the multiplayer is really good, the map design is phenomenal and the warplot game mode is really fun - basically hardpoint but the objective point is on rails and moving constantly.

the one big thing thats going to be super controversial is all the fluff items you earn with XP, like skins / mods / colors / camos / etc. It feels like there are literally hundreds of them, and obviously many are going to be gated behind microtransactions post launch.

The whole game really feels more like a spin off from call of duty, a bit more violent and crazier deaths and obviously a bazillion power ups everywhere. its fun in short bursts, solo or in group, but ultimately nothing really new just recycled ideas, done pretty well. i have no idea how weapon balance is, shotgun seems super OP for the maps I have played

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't care what people say, i'm buying it. If it sucks, it sucks, but I cannot let a reboot of a game that along with Wolfenstein got me started on FPS games get away from me.
Ut's right a lot of the times but sometimes his hate is misguided and I think he secretly knows this. I'm hoping this game is a grand slam like Wolfenstein:The New Order but who knows these days.

P.S. Lol @ the random Quantum Break hate in the Doom thread +1

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I wish they would remake RTCW multiplayer. Nothing but reboots except for what I fucking want.
This would be epic. I cannot even tell you how much I loved Omaha beach on RCTW multiplayer.

Noodlemod hopefully it pans out. Who knows. But I have not seenonegame that has gone through a dev cycle like this and not been absolute shit. And I am a huge Doom fan so hopefully I am way off and this is the 1st game to ever go through this cycle and somehow land on it's feet.

No hate here for Doom. Or ID. Or Bethesda. Not sure what you are getting at Regime. If you can show me one game that has been in development for 8 years and been through 2 stop starts with employees themselves stating the game sucks (Seriously they said that in 2013 on the revamp as they started work not once but twice) I will buy you a six pack of your favorite beer.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've watched a couple streams today, pace looks decent. Hopefully has a decent feel to it while actually playing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This would be epic. I cannot even tell you how much I loved Omaha beach on RCTW multiplayer.

Noodlemod hopefully it pans out. Who knows. But I have not seenonegame that has gone through a dev cycle like this and not been absolute shit. And I am a huge Doom fan so hopefully I am way off and this is the 1st game to ever go through this cycle and somehow land on it's feet.

No hate here for Doom. Or ID. Or Bethesda. Not sure what you are getting at Regime. If you can show me one game that has been in development for 8 years and been through 2 stop starts with employees themselves stating the game sucks (Seriously they said that in 2013 on the revamp as they started work not once but twice) I will buy you a six pack of your favorite beer.
No I agree I was a bit more mystified at the QB comment. I hope it's solid but who knows. Also I would kill for a
Ohama Beach RTCW action again. Panzerfausting the Allies spawn in the bunker was hilarious.