DOOM

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Told ya so
smile.png

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If the single player is good I'll pick it up in the bargain bin in 18 months for $15.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That's what I did with ID's last bowel movement (Rage), snagged it for $5 off steam. Still couldn't manage to finish it, so soulless and stale.

Carmack and Romero's divorce really was a tragedy. They could have been making fantastic games this whole time, but instead we get Doom3, RAGE, this travesty, and what was Romero's abortion? Daikatana or something? Anyhoo.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys act like you would be playing this game still by the time the DLC comes out. I'm in for my $38, I'll have fun for my 50-100 hours and then I'll move on to the next thing in the queue like everyone else. *shrug*

penalty_sl

shitlord
Guns feel super weak.. best way to kill is with melee or hoping someone falls off a ledge. The demon spawn is underwhelming.

Honestly feels like halo with shitty guns and pentagrams.

Still wanna play the single player though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll try the open beta anyways, I owe it that.

I thought Doom3 was good, the flashlight mechanic scared the shit out of me many times.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll try the open beta anyways, I owe it that.

I thought Doom3 was good, the flashlight mechanic scared the shit out of me many times.
This is pretty awful.

Doesn't capture any sense of horror or look the least bit scary. Really doesn't feel like Doom at all

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Beta feels pretty meh. You're loss mobile than Titanfall was, which is a huge problem for something trying to be an "arena" shooter. Having loadouts but then still keeping map pickups for health/armor feels ass backwards. Demon power ups are just random free kills and pretty stupid, feels very Battlefront, and that is not a good thing. Performance is currently a mess with huge mouse accel problems, won't go above 1080p, capped at 60 etc, but whatever it's beta and those are just tech issues.

Super shotgun makes all other weapons 100% pointless.

Beta feels pretty meh. You're loss mobile than Titanfall was, which is a huge problem for something trying to be an "arena" shooter.
Do you mean the Titans or the Pilots in Titanfall? Because Titanfall pilots have better mobility/controls/weapon feel than COD, Halo, Battlefield, or any other current shooter. Hell, the Titans controlled more fluidly than Halo characters. Halo characters are like driving a tank ...
frown.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's faster than Halo, but not by a ton, and it's only "faster" cause of the double jump really.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what is the beta? The multiplayer deathmatch part? Or the first level of single player?

okay I watched a streamer on twitch. I'm getting this for the single player, and I don't expect to get any hours out of multiplayer anyways. So this concerns me not at all.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Yeah if the single-player is on par with DOOM 3's I will still play it. I could care less about the multiplayer. But I will be waiting to pick up when it gets around $20. My backlog is just too big and it's not some groundbreaking game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I enjoyed it a bit playing. My main problem on ps4 was the maps felt a bit empty in a bunch of areas - especially the map where you're in some sort of base area but also there's lava. Just felt like it needed double the players.

The demon stuff was alright, you basically turn into a boss for a bit.

I won't buy it at 60,but if it gets good reviews I'll pick up. Need to hear how single player is.