DOOM

xzi

Mouthbreather
No clue what Romero and Adrian Carmack are working on, but they're making a game and they're announcing it on the 25th.

Felt like it was relevant to this thread.

spronk

FPS noob
its a pretty fucked situation. review codes aren't going out until release day so you won't see reviews till after that (?).

SP looks good but MP beta felt shitty to me and not really like Doom at all, but I guess its a personal and YMMV thing. SP campaign info/trailer/stuff. Still, I'd rather play UC4 right now than Doom SP so may as well just wait till its $20 on PC.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No clue what Romero and Adrian Carmack are working on, but they're making a game and they're announcing it on the 25th.

Felt like it was relevant to this thread.

Axl made a come back and so can John.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I thought they nailed the multiplayer or at least what I remember of it. Really though, that is the problem. The multiplayer played like a game from 20 years ago. Dropping 5 rockets at people's feet or running around trying to collect armor or power ups just feels so out of place to me compared to modern shooters. I'm not really interested in going back to that,

This is a gamefly rental for me just to see the single player.

Column_sl

shitlord
I really could care less for MP, we have a million MP games right now.

One of my favorite genres is the Single Player FPS so I hope it is a very long campaign like the old FPS's, and not something that is over in 4 hours.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well that's meh.

Looking through max time on games ,and the one listed for Doom 3 was 22 hours. Half life 1 and 2 were 15-18 hours.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whats with all the colorful effects bullshit everywhere? I was hoping for a more gritty, realistic look instead of these world of warcraft cartoonish looking monsters. Gameplay doesn't look scary or immersive at all imo. I guess it might be fun in short bursts running around, mindlessly shooting everything that moves but bleh, i hoped for more.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I finally watched the trailer stuff and wow the QTE fisticuffs bullshit turned me off immediately.

I could give two shits about watching a 3d leg poke out on screen and step on some demon dude.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The single player looks fun. Will redbox cause I bet it's 4 hours tops.
I always forget about red box.
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
i don't do redbox because i figure the chances of getting superAIDS from someone else like johnny49 is pretty high. i like my video game discs like my women, untouched by other filthy gamers

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
i don't do redbox because i figure the chances of getting superAIDS from someone else like johnny49 is pretty high. i like my video game discs like my women, untouched by other filthy gamers
You're supposed to put the game disc into your console, not your anus.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
cdkeys.com is selling the steam version + DLC for $34.99. You can use the code DOOM666 to save a whopping $2.50 off that.