DOOM

spronk

FPS noob
doom is $39.99 this week at amazon, gamestop, and best buy ($32 at the latter with GCU) btw. If you buy the PC version you get a steam code and disc

Needless

Toe Sucker
Poo, i didn't know you get a steam code if you get it on PC. I would have opted for that instead of Xboner. I figured my poor xbox needed some love anyway though.

This game is pretty tough on the hard difficulty you can start on by default

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Played the demo, but can only run at like 40 FPS. Time for a new GPU I guess.
I played it as well on PS4 and it all confirmed everything I already knew. A generic shooter without any soul whatsoever and should have been 19 bucks from the start. I then went and started playing Wolfenstein the New order and am having much more fun with a coherent story, great distractions in gameplay, and the same fluid gun mechanics.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if we were playing the same game Utnayan. Its been a long time since I've played a shooter that wasn't "realistic." It really was a breath of fresh air to run at mega speed and be able to physically dodge projectiles while fucking up demons.

Completely unapologetic old fashioned, fast paced, shooter that was actually challenging. Huge expansive maps/secrets. I thought it was amazing.

But to each their own I guess!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The game worked for me but if you are saying Wolfenstein the New Order is even better then I'll have to check that one out too. Thanks for the referral.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The game worked for me but if you are saying Wolfenstein the New Order is even better then I'll have to check that one out too. Thanks for the referral.
Wolfenstien New Order demolishes this game and also has the same gunplay mechanics you want. With an actual story, good characters, and a hell of a futuristic alternative universe. There isn't anything I cannot get out of the shit game that Doom was by not logging into Destiny for 10 minutes.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wolfenstein: TNO was my GOTY when it came out, I beat it and literally instantly restarted on the hardest setting and played through it again over the next few days. I haven't played DOOM so I can't compare them though.

I have heard that they are actually redoing the multiplayer though, there were twitterings about it or something.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought Wolfenstein yesterday, was hoping to play it last night but Steam and my poor bandwidth took all night to download it, at work now but looking forward to it tonight!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
doom is $39.99 this week at amazon, gamestop, and best buy ($32 at the latter with GCU) btw. If you buy the PC version you get a steam code and disc
Nice grabbed it from bestbuy, last physical copy I could find on the shelf too.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So the "disc version" is a single dvd that holds about 7GB of the 50ish. So you put in the disc it installs 7 GB from it then the rest from steam. Annoying as fuck but not even a little surprised.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Some of this game is pretty hilarious. Not even mentioning the silly fist bumping thing and the firey death sequence.

I had to stop and listen twice to one of those holograms when he asked for volunteers for the Revenant program (missile skeleton dudes). "Do you want to become more than a mere man? The Revenant program needs volunteers. If interested, please contact Jessica in HR. Thanks!" Fucking lol.

Then you read the database entry and find that the process includes surgically integrating rocket launchers/jetpack into your spinal column with no anesthesia followed by a neural implant while your wide awake. Then once they confirm that you have established a neural connection to the rocket launchers. Expose you with hell energy so your skin melts off and you become a zombie rocket soldier.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wolfenstein: TNO was my GOTY when it came out, I beat it and literally instantly restarted on the hardest setting and played through it again over the next few days. I haven't played DOOM so I can't compare them though.

I have heard that they are actually redoing the multiplayer though, there were twitterings about it or something.
Me: playing the first hour or so (up to the intro cut scene, heh) wondering what the fuck you and Utnayen are smoking. Me: hit the opening "twist" and playing another hour, totally understands what the fuck you and Utnayen were talking about.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Me: playing the first hour or so (up to the intro cut scene, heh) wondering what the fuck you and Utnayen are smoking. Me: hit the opening "twist" and playing another hour, totally understands what the fuck you and Utnayen were talking about.
Just wait. Some of the next missions are just pure fucking awesome.
smile.png
You are going to shit your pants.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, Wolf: NO is pretty damn amazing - reminds me I never played through the expansion after all this time....

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Plays pretty smooth using flawless widescreen/nvidia surround, was messing with the graphic settings when I took this shot, most is maxed except shadows and AA. If I turn off DBAO and DBAO AA it is a steady 60FPS.
VLbNEBa.jpg

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I messed around on Ultra-Nightmare last night and managed to beat the first level, had seen the notes. I do think I noticed a decent FPS improvement at my current high-but-not-maxed settings. I have a Radeon R290.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bought this during the Steam sale. I haven't had a ton of time to play, but it's been a lot of fun. Thanks for the tip on Wolfenstein: NO, will have to check that out in the future.