DOTA 2

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Steam name

I should say, I don't have any invites, but if you don't post your steam name you wont ever get one.

Or just try the dota2bot.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still have like 9 invites if anyone needs.

chuan.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If there's one hero that will skyrocket in popularity in 6.78, it's gonna be Spirit Breaker, dude doesn't care about BKB now and he has the easiest time moving around the map ever. Bonus points for murdering anyone splitpushing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If there's one hero that will skyrocket in popularity in 6.78, it's gonna be Spirit Breaker, dude doesn't care about BKB now and he has the easiest time moving around the map ever. Bonus points for murdering anyone splitpushing.
Still need to lane him. With the stun on charge though he'd probably do well in an agressive trilane. This change definitely makes a huge difference since it's basically a guaranteed disable(kinda need a setup though so people don't run away as you're picking up speed). But yeah the change from a few patches ago to make his bash go through bkb should make him fairly nice, maybe, we'll see. Probably gonna see a bunch of centaur too, even after the nerf, a global haste is not something you can ignore easily.

Elerion

N00b
I always thought people using the phrase try-hard were diming themselves out as no-talent fags. For example, the first instance off the top of my head where someone called me a try hard was when I played earth shaker with a stupid combo top lane (dire), I think it was like jugg + veno; I don't remember exactly. We hid in the side shop, got a double kill first blood and the victims of said gank said "fuck u tryhards" or something along those lines.

I honestly don't see how that is insulting at all. I guess they're saying they don't want to win so bad that they will use good tactics to win their lane early?
In full team games, tryhard is a compliment. In pubs it's a valid insult. If you're picking absurd lane combos against disorganized opposition you're sucking a lot of fun out of what is originally a non-serious game just to increase your chances of winning. It's absolutely okay to do so, but it's also okay to curse at people who do so.

It's like old school camping in FPS pubs. You may have a higher chance of winning because no one can be bothered to wait you out or check every spot meticulously before moving forward, but it still makes the game less fun for everyone else involved.

People didn't like campers even when they were on their team. People don't like people who trilane SD/Lina/Lifestealer against random CK/Necrolyte lanes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Try hard as an insult for picks is alright imo, mostly if you queue as a group THEN pick "tryhard" lanes and shit. That said I don't think it's a big deal, shitty players on good heroes are still shitty players and some good combos aren't quite as easy to play as they look(like most wisp combos in pubs). But yeah it used to suck early beta when I'd get queued against kev- stack and they'd all pick like it was the fucking international. Luckily when more people joined I dropped far enough that I didn't group against known stacks as much and since they recently added solo queue I don't care anymore.

Once the game has started though, if you're not trying hard to win, you should stop playing. That includes using any and all advantages in the game. People who cry when you deward them are hilarious, cause sentries are free and shit. The whole thing is dumb as shit because I wouldn't need to deward if people weren't warding. If you wanna complain about tryhards, you need to not try at all, and not buying wards is the first step ^^.

Elerion

N00b
I bet you're just saying that because you are the kind of tryhard that uses Avalanche and Toss in combination instead of separately like a real man.

Tryhard.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Motherfucker I tuned on the A vs Navi game right to see the score. God damnit I wish I saw that game. Guess I have to purchase a ticket now.

EDIT: This courier's flying animation is pretty sweet though. Little lizard riding a dragonfly. Fuck off panda

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Motherfucker I tuned on the A vs Navi game right to see the score. God damnit I wish I saw that game. Guess I have to purchase a ticket now.

EDIT: This courier's flying animation is pretty sweet though. Little lizard riding a dragonfly. Fuck off panda
Which tourny?

Nevermind, it was Starladder.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

The Starladder game ? Yeah, someone finally out-executed Alliance. When Navi turns it on, it's joy to watch. Should be here in a few hours:http://www.youtube.com/user/joinDOTA/videos

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems they're starting the test server a bit early this week because of parity changes. Looking at the forum, about half the changes aren't working. A lot of them seem to be tooltip related though, like they forgot to update any tooltip of the stuff that was changed.

On the differences, apparently centaur still not in -cm, nor is elder titan. They also made Mirana's arrow even less visible.

Sadly because of the size of the patch I doubt we'll see new heroes this week either. Kinda sucks.