DOTA 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I will definitely be playing tomorrow night. Burned out playing with my friends at the moment : /

Elerion

N00b
So TL debuts with
a win!

TL sponsoring a team can only be good for broader Dota attention.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good news everyone! Merlini made me a Moderator of his stream. I feel accomplished.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So TL debuts with
a win!

TL sponsoring a team can only be good for broader Dota attention.
Well, it was a stomp against an unknown team, but I can't see them picking up a team that they aren't planning to hold on for year or more, which is definitely good. There are sill quite a few organizations that will sign teams and promise them everything and then pussy out.

Sulrn

Deuces
What's the status of in house gaming? Is FOH still the meetup point or is there a new place to try and link up?

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
So I started playing HoN back when it was in beta like a maniac for a few months until I realized I was ending most of my sessions raging. I gave up playing the game, but for the last 3 years or so I became a big fan of watching high tier matches. Unfortunately HoN is pretty small overall and they only have like 2 people casting so that's on average like 10 games / week and I want more. Long story short, I'm looking for a mod/website/streams that will help me transition to Dota so I can start watching that shit as well. I don't want to play the game, I just want to learn the heroes/items.

Another question is related to the audio streams that you can select while spectating matches. How do I find matches with audio ? Can I download them ? I'd prefer this instead of video streams so I can check out the heroes / items at will instead of alt-tabbing all the time.

Also, got 4 or 5 invites available for whoever pm's me their email address.

edit : figured out the audio thingie but why the fuck do I have to pay to watch a tournament that already ended ? I understand paying for the privilege of watching it live ingame with audio commentary but after it's over, it should be free.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
To watch tournament matches ingame you need to buy tickets to watch them in the dota store, but from time to time tournaments don't require them, for example dreamhack was viewable without ticket. Otherwise you have teamliquid.net, you might want to register and set up displayed streams to dota2 only, then you have joindota.com, which still feels rather buggy and I personally dislike own3d streams and lastly you have gosugamers, but I have never used those, so I can't give my opinion.

For casters, look at Tobi Wan's stuff, he's the Day9 of Dota2, then the stuff produced by The GD studio and from time to time, you can see pros like Puppey, Merlini or EternalEnvy cast or cocast some matches, which is probably the best.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw onhttp://blog.dota2.com/they started posting the Polycount contest winners. They'll post 3-4 everyday until friday where they'll reveal the grand prize winner. All of them will be added in next week's patch as ingame cosmetics, maybe with slight adjustments. Rest of the contest will be added later assuming it was high quality enough(there were a few really not so good entries).

Also as a reminder or for people who don't read dota2 newsites, Icefrog said 6.77(next major dota1 patch) will happen before xmas. Which means most likely this weekend, which means next week for dota2. Obviously there might be Valve time at work even for IF so it might not happen in time but still. Expect Drow and Magnus nerfs.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there some reliable way to get the cosmetic items that I don't know about? I just find it hard to get into the polycount winners when I know that in reality I'm never going to justify spending $10 on one of the sets, especially when the character models in DotA 2 are so small in the first place.