DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there some reliable way to get the cosmetic items that I don't know about? I just find it hard to get into the polycount winners when I know that in reality I'm never going to justify spending $10 on one of the sets, especially when the character models in DotA 2 are so small in the first place.
You can trade them but that means you need valuable shit to trade. You get items randomly and you get a guaranteed item every level up(in your profile levels). Also special occasions like the Diretide event which granted 1-2items per game regardless(some of them were essences that go into eggs but you could trade them for actual items). There might be one for christmas too, or just increased drops or whatever.

I find cosmetics are priced reasonably considering their high quality for the most part, at least when compared to LoL. Might be a bit more expensive I never really looked into it too much as until now they haven't released cosmetics for heroes I actually play and I'm not buying shit for heroes I don't play obviously.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Brazilians are killing this game for me. 2 or 3 out of 5 always Brazilians and they are fucking annoying and lack simple game mechanics.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I can honestly say that I haven't played with a bad Brazilian in months. Don't really get them in many games but I find they're usually better than the majority of American players despite their inability to communicate. Proper skill use, reactions and map awareness are way more important than being able to chat it up at a public level and it's been a very long time where I've had a Brazilian player on my team that wasn't good in those categories.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
It really has been since all the invites went out. Never was a problem before, MM is just very streaky too, when you get fucked you get it hard.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dev guy said it wasn't the case but urban legend based on anecdotical evidence seems to suggest that when you win a bunch of games, the MM then tries to match you against better players but often gives you shittier teammates too which result in getting stomped and then it does that a few times in a row. I don't know I don't really feel that's the case personally but I have had streaks for sure so I don't know how it works. It is probably the human quality of discerning patterns when there's none and memory working better when you have bad experiences than good ones. I guess if we could see ratings we could see what's going on more accurately but who knows.

I think MM works adequately, considering it's a 5vs5 matchmaking system. Only thing I hate is stacks and how they're worked around. If I queue and get an instant popup, it's pretty much always a 5man stack vs a 4man stack+me, which is generally a loss because it seems to always be a shitty 4man stack, so I just dodge these. System will work better when they have a ranked ladder team matchmaking or however they called it and limit stacks in normal mm. Also it'll be better once I can queue for -ar so you don't have to play the tryhard team with TA mid magnus hard lane sven lina jakiro easy lane.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dev guy said it wasn't the case but urban legend based on anecdotical evidence seems to suggest that when you win a bunch of games, the MM then tries to match you against better players but often gives you shittier teammates too which result in getting stomped and then it does that a few times in a row. I don't know I don't really feel that's the case personally but I have had streaks for sure so I don't know how it works. It is probably the human quality of discerning patterns when there's none and memory working better when you have bad experiences than good ones. I guess if we could see ratings we could see what's going on more accurately but who knows.

I think MM works adequately, considering it's a 5vs5 matchmaking system. Only thing I hate is stacks and how they're worked around. If I queue and get an instant popup, it's pretty much always a 5man stack vs a 4man stack+me, which is generally a loss because it seems to always be a shitty 4man stack, so I just dodge these. System will work better when they have a ranked ladder team matchmaking or however they called it and limit stacks in normal mm. Also it'll be better once I can queue for -ar so you don't have to play the tryhard team with TA mid magnus hard lane sven lina jakiro easy lane.
This may or may not be true, but I find that when I'm blue or pink, it's the medium-high bracket and when I'm orange or brown, I'm in the high-very high bracket (similar to how HoN did it). The quality of player is generally better when I'm further down the list. Of course, I could be wrong.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I've been randoming a lot lately and the matchmaking has no way of expecting that, yeah I can get any support and be halfway decent, or I can get somebody like Pudge and basically bury my team's chances of winning because I have no idea how to play him right and no experience. Or the team can go full retard and pick 5 melee carries, no kidding, I was the first one to pick.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of these professionals on real teams need a stylist or something. This fucking xmike88 guy from Team Liquid looks like he finally made it out of his mothers basement for the first time wearing the same clothes he had as a teenager. Jesus christ.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh man Bastion announcer -_-

I may have to buy that and I don't even really play any more

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Added Timbersaw!

GAMEPLAY
- Ancient Apparition: Fixed status effect ignoring magic immune units (HP Freeze and Shatter).
- Silencer: Fixed Last Word not being triggered by Invoke.
- Slark: Fixed Pounce leashing illusions.
- Undying: Fixed Decay providing too much healing to Undying.
- Fixed Shadow Blade interaction with Cleave and Critical Strike.
- Fixed Cycloning yourself causing you to take damage from Orchid.

Lastest patch on test. Shredder is pretty fun but also pretty hard to play. Seems good for midgame, but dies out quite a bit lategame as far as I can tell unless the fight lasts forever. Since he's a huge mana whore AND needs to tank up, that makes him also very item dependent. Bloodstone is nice though, does everything, and he can farm really quickly once he has good mana regen since he can obliterate neutrals or lane creeps repeatedly with his 6-8secs cooldown aoes.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
bad commentator, embarrassingly bad player and yet still somewhat popular in the scene due to vagina

Also, cyborgmatt already has already posted all the polycount sets that will be added to the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't see a new post and his old polycount post is only the ones he THOUGHT were the best, nothing to do with valve or internal files.