DOTA 2

niss_sl

shitlord
It's crazy to think that we've contributed ~1.5million to the prize pool already. Valve gets 4.5million from the purchase of compendium (minus the cut that Steam takes), but that's incredible. They're essentially making money by hosting TI and plugging their game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I don't know how much they're winning, they do have to spend a lot of money on the venue, advertising and shit like that. They do get quite a lot of money back from the compendium, tickets to go to TI and dota shop stuff and obviously they get money all year long from cosmetics and what not. But just covering the prize money wouldn't mean they make money necessarily since that's not all the money they spend when they're doing TI. Definitely good business, hopefully means next year it'll be even bigger.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well people aren't buying because of the stretch goals, they're buying because you get the massive xp boost and free items, which means the compendium basically pays for itself and more, so there's really no reason not to buy it. Stretch goals are nice and the early ones were good but yeah the rest I don't think most people care. It is going pretty fucking fast though.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit at how fast the compendium is still moving... all of the rewards after minipudge seem kinda weak, wonder if it'll keep pace.
Yeah, the stretch goals after pudge courier really blow and $500k per goal is one hell of a stretch. It'd be nice if they added some new ones.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
the custom effects for dagon tp etc do they only last through the international or are those permanent to the account?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I would assume they only last for the international, but might be added later on as customization you can use whenever you want, not too sure. Since currently you can't choose to display them or not though afaik, it's not gonna stay this way I don't think.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The games have begun, and teamliquid has launchedLiquid Dota - Dota 2 Community and Newswhich should be a good hub for an casual watchers, or people new to dota - especially during ti4. The right hand side contains boxes for each of the 4 qualifier streams, including the twitch links, the schedule etc.

If you can't spectate certain time zones - the command to have your dota client automatically target TI4 games is as follows - just impliment it in the console

dota_spectator_auto_spectate_games 600

600 is the TI4 tournament ID - to stop the client from auto loading in just change the 600 to 0.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Since qualifiers started, remember you can autospectate shit for a chance at items. For the TI qualifiers, type "dota_spectator_auto_spectate_games 600" without the quote in the console. It won't confirm shit but it'll just join games whenever one is up.

Edit: Meh, 1minute too late.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
GDStudio stream is nearly unwatchable WTF are they doing mic'ing the room full of who the fucks.

niss_sl

shitlord
The % chance of getting items is so ridiculously small. You have 1-10/50,000 to get an item given how many spectators there are.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The % chance of getting items is so ridiculously small. You have 1-10/50,000 to get an item given how many spectators there are.
But there's like 300matches total. I mean, I got an item last TI so might as well.