DOTA 2

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
AncientGraveEgret.gif

Slowed down

ActiveAppropriateArmednylonshrimp.gif

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not nearly as try hard as our 5 man Captains Draft last night. I had to drink a fucking Gatorade after that game.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Makes ya wana blow shit up, don't it? I have had some pretty epic Sven pinata pops recently. That is always fun.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone able to explain why Fnatic can't use Excalibur to play for Era (since his doctor wont let him go to TI due to extreme anxiety issues at LAN events) but EG gets to sub in Mason for Fear? It's bullshit imo that we would get denied to see one of the best teams play due to a health related issue.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Fnatic found out after DH Bucharest that Era has problems, which was 4 weeks ago ?

EG has been playing Mason since April or earlier, IIRC the team has more games with Mason than with Fear.

So, yeah, there's a very good reason. I can't imagine Valve not fixing this, especially after the bitchfit reddit has thrown, but I feel like the only one you could blame here is Era, especially if he knew beforehand this issue could prevent him going to TI. Of course, telling people "I have psychological problems" is one of the most difficult things to do, so it's more of a lose-lose situation.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
People overeacting valve hasnt even said they cant sub yet
What? That's exactly what Valve has said.

I don't really see how ANYONE is to "blame" here. The kid's sick. You can't control how anxiety and mental illnesses work, you think you're fully capable of doing something and the next minute you're having a panic attack, throwing up, and your body's going insane on adrenaline. He's 18 years old, he's probably just learning about this shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fnatic found out after DH Bucharest that Era has problems, which was 4 weeks ago ?

EG has been playing Mason since April or earlier, IIRC the team has more games with Mason than with Fear.

So, yeah, there's a very good reason. I can't imagine Valve not fixing this, especially after the bitchfit reddit has thrown, but I feel like the only one you could blame here is Era, especially if he knew beforehand this issue could prevent him going to TI. Of course, telling people "I have psychological problems" is one of the most difficult things to do, so it's more of a lose-lose situation.
Duration it's been happening doesn't really change the situation though, if the guy has a recognized and diagnosticed illness, it's something out of their control, saying they'll be disqualified because of it seems extremely short sighted especially when they have authorized another team to sub using the same reason. Yes Mason had been playing for a long period of time sure, but they still invited Fear, not Mason, it's the same thing.

Also it's not like there's some shady shit going on. They're not saying "oh our player isn't feeling too good, so we're replacing him with this higher tier player that couldn't find an actual team to play in TI4" or whatever, they're replacing by an unknown guy with no competitive experience, the switch isn't advantageous to them and while they've shown good things, you could clearly see how it worked out after a few games and people started figuring that you just put massive pressure on Excalibur and the entire thing crumbles. The way I see it the rule to not switch is to prevent weird situations like a team not qualifying then buying their way into another team, swapping several players, so they can instead go to TI and that sort of thing. This isn't what's happening there at all though.

In the first place they should have expanded the amount of players per team invited. 6 or 7 players, so teams can actually have subs. They made 30millions out of compendiums, I'm sure they can find a bit of money to fly and pay for food and hotel for 20-30ish more people. And they should have rules in place for swaps due to illness or injury. If tomorrow Loda breaks his arm, do they just disqualify Alliance? Is this how it works? They wouldn't even let them try to play with a last minute sub? Sounds fucking retarded.

Elerion

N00b
Also, they want to avoid junk teams at TI if a team implodes before the event and reforms with a shitty/unprepared squad.

Anyway, there's like zero chance Valve doesn't allow Fnatic to go (with Excalibur) after the shitstorm this has caused.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems CIS is getting fucked in the ass by visa denials too. While I understand hosting in the US is easier for them, every fucking TI there's those shitty stories about visas getting denied several times before they eventually get in, if they do at all. Didn't LoL get special treatment for foreigners visas? Valve should get that shit, or host it somewhere else that's a little bit more lax about their visas rules(canada might be no idea, otherwise host in europe).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think r/dota2 needs to take a chill pill first, all hope is not lost and I'm sure Valve is doing everything they can to get them in.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Fuck hosting it in another country. Euro's get a majority of the LANs already. Canada is also probably more difficult to get a visa than the US.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seems CIS is getting fucked in the ass by visa denials too. While I understand hosting in the US is easier for them, every fucking TI there's those shitty stories about visas getting denied several times before they eventually get in, if they do at all. Didn't LoL get special treatment for foreigners visas? Valve should get that shit, or host it somewhere else that's a little bit more lax about their visas rules(canada might be no idea, otherwise host in europe).
From what I understand the LoL sports visas are largely ceremonial. Most teams don't use them because they're expensive. In terms of CIS I don't know why everyone is jumping down the US government's throats. For all we know CIS submitted a picture of 5 asian kids saying "US give visas plz" and that is why it got turned down.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Not to mention in the past 3 years I believe like 1 or 2 players were denied plus some russian casters.