DOTA 2

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't those solutions point to a greater problem with Tinker?

So, to counter Tinker, you need:

Very specific heroes, or he'll fuck you. Ergo, any team that goes up against Tinker MUST strictly choose certain heroes or the game will likely be lost. That's lame. Oh, Tinker didn't pick until 15 seconds after the buzzer started and you didn't get the right heroes? Sucks to be you. I know picking and counterpicking is a big part of this game, but there are a lot of heroes, not being a "hard counter" who can still do OKAY against another specific hero.

Then your second solution, a hero, in this case Tinker, forces the ENTIRE TEAM to buy a specific item, blademail, then magically be somewhere Tinker is about to drop marches. That's great in theory, and yeah, we've seen the videos of it, but it's still not a practical solution.

It just seems like there's a problem. But again, I'm relatively new to this game, so what do I know.
There's a real simple way to counter tinker, pick him and then after the enemy team has picked all their heroes repick someone else.

or if you want to go conventional methods, draft a strong pushing hero ward their ancients, smoke gank mid, push early, wait for tinker to BOT to a lane and gank him before he has a blink, throw a ward in their jungle that was the common farming spot for tinker so you can kill him while oom, etc. (you don't need to do all of these things). You can go Nyx to try and pick him off if you're given off-lane or mid, a strong ganking support if not, a carry like AM is strong as Mana void will obliterate him and he can't easily burst you down, Riki is also strong as he's a natural diffusal carrier making his ghost scepter useless and allowing you to lock him down in smoke cloud. There's a shit ton of things you can do against him, it's just so much easier to cry about an OP hero than actually do them. we lol now.

The only reason Tinker is insanely strong right now is because every pub everywhere fails to jump on their advantage and would rather farm for 40 minutes, which results in you losing to Tinker.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
After the past few days I'm downgrading myself from aui200 to aui20 the way i've been playing
frown.png

edit : just as a psa me and my friends have been having issues with too many of us on at one time and yet not enough for 5v5 inhouses. We usually have 8-9 people on, so if anyone is interested in this let me know. MMR rating is 3k-3.5k average and it's pretty easy going by dota standards.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Haha, do you not remember how the last rerolled inhouses went? No thanks.
Yea I would never forget about the raging that went on in those games lol. I think the mmr spread was between like 2700-5000, so I could see how that caused issues. This was more of an offer for people around 3k, who don't blow a gasket when someone makes a mistake.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea I would never forget about the raging that went on in those games lol. I think the mmr spread was between like 2700-5000, so I could see how that caused issues. This was more of an offer for people around 3k, who don't blow a gasket when someone makes a mistake.
Yeah it was bad.

This EG/C9 game, too fucking easy for arteezy. Razor with an Ultra kill at 12 mins. I hope this isn't the strat that C9's been working on, the drow + Visage and ranged isn't exactly new and is easily countered.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can play in some 5 mans but I am not high enough level for MMR team matchmaking

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mason is so fucking bad, I feel bad for EG they'd have such a good chance to win this entire thing with Fear.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much. Did is a giant fucking anchor right now.
He's been that way for the past two months. Universe/RTZ/Zai are so strong, PPD might not be the best support but his drafts and counter-picks more than make up for it. Mason has just been the only real downside to their team.

With that said though they got out picked pretty hard even with Mason playing poorly. Who were they relying on doing damage here? They needed to pickoff drow asap and I imagine they were planning on doing that with lasso+Skywrath but it just never happened.