DOTA 2

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
C9 getting 5 man wiped in the lvl 1 rosh pit + then losing the aegis was easily worse than that game.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't get the wisp pick when you need lockdown and wave clear.
Yeah, it was totally bizarre.

More than anything though, how awful was that Razor? Been said plenty of times already, but that hero is not anywhere near strong enough to blind pick him.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Sad Titan/Liquid didn't make it to the main event, both came close - that Titan G3 - that's worse than the aegis deny in many ways - they lost out on what 400k? Which is more than they took home last year in 3rd I think.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Prime ganker with blink, stun, tanky, 400 damage nuke and can turn into semicarry lategame

Navi finishing top 6 at best, they can't beat teams with superior execution unless Puppey pulls out brilliant drafts somehow and I doubt that. Teams are too flexible now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also centaur is an excelent offlaners, hard to kill because so tanky and can turn around and kill supports if they're careless, only needs a blink to be combat ready(well and tranq boots or whatever), very strong initiation, very strong disengage both due to ulti, can use ulti globally during lane phase if he gets early xp to guarantee kills or save people since it's global, can kill supports solo with a combo and easily 2man gank anyone, scales surprisingly well lategame if he gets enough kills/farm(he does a lot of damage and you can't right click him if he has a lot of items cause you'll get murdered by reflect damage). He's a good overall hero, even though I think his ban/pick rate this tournament is actually quite a bit low, with a lot of people favoring void. Still great hero though.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
I'm surprised Navi has made it this far, to be honest. When they go up against a team with a clear plan and the practice to back it up, they just look lost. Puppey is dead weight in games and is consistently beaten in drafts. They can't handle rotations or pressure on their lanes without folding. Their great strength is in team fights and individual playmaking, but so often they are just too far behind for it to matter.

It's a problem with western teams in general. They all think they can just come up with new strategies on the fly and use their individual skill to make it work, ignoring the fact that it pretty much never does. I don't care how good you are, practice wins out every time, any the results bear that out. Look at Cloud 9 yesterday. They put SingSing on Axe mid against a Mushi Ember Spirit. SingSing hasneverplayed that hero in a competitive game in the recorded history of DotA2. In what universe does that work out?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm surprised Navi has made it this far, to be honest. When they go up against a team with a clear plan and the practice to back it up, they just look lost. Puppey is dead weight in games and is consistently beaten in drafts. They can't handle rotations or pressure on their lanes without folding. Their great strength is in team fights and individual playmaking, but so often they are just too far behind for it to matter.

It's a problem with western teams in general. They all think they can just come up with new strategies on the fly and use their individual skill to make it work, ignoring the fact that it pretty much never does. I don't care how good you are, practice wins out every time, any the results bear that out. Look at Cloud 9 yesterday. They put SingSing on Axe mid against a Mushi Ember Spirit. SingSing hasneverplayed that hero in a competitive game in the recorded history of DotA2. In what universe does that work out?
They ran like 3 strats in the round robin, and in the 2 games they played they tried them again with 1-2 heros switched out, it's pretty obvious newbee has done their homework and were absolutely prepared for those. If you look at the rosh fight in g1, it was incredible that they actually manged to fight something like that and come out ahead. It's just that their draft gives them much less margin for error, one failed gank and the wheels come off.