DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I've already reached this zen state. I don't even get mad anymore. There was a dude on my team, however, mic spamming so much because of the Peruvian guy I had to mute them both.

Then there was the ubiquitous "HAY GUYS LET'S NOT BE RACIST BECAUSE OF THIS" guy on my team, too.

It was the United Nations of shit.
Pretty much, I can't get mad because of this game. Sad ? Yes. I'm usually interested in the player's reasoning for terribad plays, like maxing vortex on storm last

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty much, I can't get mad because of this game. Sad ? Yes. I'm usually interested in the player's reasoning for terribad plays, like maxing vortex on storm last
Doesn't do damage yo. Always max the damage first. Hell get stats before stun duration. The stun is only here to cancel TPs when people flee in terror at the sight of your OP damage.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Team Tinker looking bad vs some scrub tier 3 team. Pajkatt just seems terrible every time I watch him play.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
What, are his knees going bad or something? From Googling, he's 26 years old. How does one "retire" from playing a video game? Can he not just, like, still play in tournaments or something, or is he not making a living from it?

Note:

I just play this game, I don't really know anything about the "pro" scene or how it works.

Cybsled

Just like "regular" pro sports, age does play a factor. Your reaction times slow as you age, which is why younger players in these games have the "twitch" advantage. Older players are able to stay relevant by leveraging their experience, but after awhile the loss of reaction can hurt them more and more.

Besides, it is a rough lifestyle and after awhile people just want a change.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it sounds like a dream job, but playing the game for hours straight and with tournaments getting even more stressful, I can see that he wants a break.

Elerion

N00b
I love Dota and all, but people who think playing the same vidya game 12+ hours per day for years and years sounds like a dream job might need to get their heads checked.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Agreed. I played 12? games Saturday and around 11 that night I was so drained from playing. Pretty much avoided playing all day sunday because I felt burned out. Couldn't imagine doing that on a daily basis.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Kuro left Navi, they really like to milk their transfer announcements for all it's worth, no way he is the only one.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I am wrong, but I thought Kuro was the best player on Navi last TI. That is a big hit to their team.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Kuro and Funn1k usually carried them, Dendi is hot or cold (there was a game at the Summit where he had perfect score over 45+ min game...) XBOCT usually got zero support and Puppey can play like 5 heroes.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Team Tinker looking bad vs some scrub tier 3 team. Pajkatt just seems terrible every time I watch him play.
Meh, to me I think the were a little out drafted but they might have been able to lane it better. They traded in two lanes and lost the third hard. Maybe if they'd tried defensive tri-lane with lycan they could have pushed NP into the jungle and taken both offlane towers fast. As it was it seemed they fell behind and were unable to recover with the ganking potential of the opposing lineup.

Watch some of the mouz games where Pajkatt plays carry slark or mirana, he definitely has some skills. I'd say Xcalibur isn't ready yet, he mastered tinker and Meepo but if you watch his play with other heroes in officials and in streams with other pros it isn't standout, he usually ends up feeding while Sing, Pajkatt, Kuroky, etc get away with stupid shit.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
The amount of flux in the western teams this year compared to last is pretty amazing. Seems like no teams will be untouched.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty frustrating playing with most of my friends. We've all played since Dota 1, so it isn't as if they're new. They're also college graduates, one with a double masters. Despite this, only one of the group of 3-4 I regularly play with is any good. One just does not care to learn at all - he doesn't build blink dagger... ever.

So it's now ranked with my one competent friend, and unranked with the great unwashed. We're pushing towards 4k now, hoping to land around 4300-4400 for some actual competitive shit.