DOTA 2

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Really curious to see what the "secret team" ends up being. It was stated that it was going to be 2 past TI winners on it. So basically 1 player from Na'vi (Pup) and 1 player from Alliance (rumors point towards S4 and to a lesser extent EGM). Most predictions say puppey, kuroky, S4, fly, and N0tail.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
EGM played today with Team Tinker, so unless he was a standin for Kuro, I'd say Puppey and Kuro are staying together in the new "Mystery team"

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty frustrating playing with most of my friends. We've all played since Dota 1, so it isn't as if they're new. They're also college graduates, one with a double masters. Despite this, only one of the group of 3-4 I regularly play with is any good. One just does not care to learn at all - he doesn't build blink dagger... ever.

So it's now ranked with my one competent friend, and unranked with the great unwashed. We're pushing towards 4k now, hoping to land around 4300-4400 for some actual competitive shit.
If you have 4-6 buddies make a 5-7 man ranked matchmaking team - it contains a unique mmr rating. Lets you have a name and a flag.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
EGM played today with Team Tinker, so unless he was a standin for Kuro, I'd say Puppey and Kuro are staying together in the new "Mystery team"
Stand-in for Xcalibur no?

I've been wondering if SingSing will be in the same team as kuro as they've seem friendly and were on mouz at the same time iirc.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I believe Sing is staying in Team Tinker, of course until neither this, nor the "Mystery Team" is announced officially, stuff can change. People were commenting that Excalibur seems to be Bulldog 2.0 - amazing on a few heroes, but mediocre or worse on the rest.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I really dont understand the hype for excalibur. Outside of being really good w tinker and meepo he doesn't bring much to the table and I dont really see the connection between him and bulldog other then the pubstar to pro thing. Bulldogs np and ld where game changing where as excalibur had one great game on meepo

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If you have 4-6 buddies make a 5-7 man ranked matchmaking team - it contains a unique mmr rating. Lets you have a name and a flag.
Yes and puts you in a queue with other 4-5 locks that actually care to win, rather than pick Slardar with no blink dagger. At least in unranked our opponents have a chance of being the same.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe Sing is staying in Team Tinker, of course until neither this, nor the "Mystery Team" is announced officially, stuff can change. People were commenting that Excalibur seems to be Bulldog 2.0 - amazing on a few heroes, but mediocre or worse on the rest.
I've said that
tongue.png

The problem with team tinker as a permanent is that 3/5 are still on their respective teams. Who knows though, maybe they've just been holding the places warm
tongue.png

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Yes and puts you in a queue with other 4-5 locks that actually care to win, rather than pick Slardar with no blink dagger. At least in unranked our opponents have a chance of being the same.
Right but here's the thing - your team will calibrate its MMR to the skill bracket that playing blinkless slardar will allow. You will get much superior games once your team has calibrated - lets say you normally play mid - but in your friend stack no one plays even a passable 5 except you. With Team MMR you can play the 5 - the team will calibrate around the performance of you at the 5 with your friends on cores. This makes for better games in the long run than trying to assume performance based on all variations of group queueing as 2's/3's/5's. No one has to be stressed out about losing team points, its more about the quality of games once you get sufficiently calibrated as a group.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Right but here's the thing - your team will calibrate its MMR to the skill bracket that playing blinkless slardar will allow. You will get much superior games once your team has calibrated - lets say you normally play mid - but in your friend stack no one plays even a passable 5 except you. With Team MMR you can play the 5 - the team will calibrate around the performance of you at the 5 with your friends on cores. This makes for better games in the long run than trying to assume performance based on all variations of group queueing as 2's/3's/5's. No one has to be stressed out about losing team points, its more about the quality of games once you get sufficiently calibrated as a group.
I'd still find it really frustrating to play with someone who doesn't give a fuck when I do. I can't imagine playing a carry when one or two people just wander around lategame and die, thereby costing you the game.

Team Tinker vs Power Rangers was pretty close.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Thing is I'd way rather play semi-support. My top heros are SS, Silencer, and Necro all heros who can help support early but mid to late can do some hard damage. I'm just venting - there's no solution to someone who doesn't learn.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Valve promised Techies before the end of August, so I guess in a week or so. Give or take Valve time

reddit rumors:
Mystery team - puppey/kuro/notail/fly/s4
Navi - Funn1k/XBOCT/Dendi/Vanskor/FnG
Alliance - Bulldog/Loda/Akke/Misery/Chessie (HoN god apparently, can't wait for him to disappoint)
Team Tinker ?Sing/Bulba/Qojqva/EGM/Pajkatt

So Excalibur teamless again
biggrin.png

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tinker didn't look particularly good yesterday. Their issue seems to be drafting, its a bit reminiscent of EG during TI where they'd try to draft they want without much regard for what their opponents are doing. It also seems they particularly favour supports which get stronger later (e.g. Earthshaker, Disruptor) subsequently making the early game very hard on themselves, seems they should consider at least one strong early game support particularly if they're running something like tiny+wisp mid which hamstrings the other lanes.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, I was going to say they should probably prioritize Mirana, they have 3 great Mirana players so they can use it effectively and it doesn't give away the draft.