DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Last season of Dreamleague had really god production and talent behind it, shame they dropped the ball this time.

At least the ESEX article was worth it.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I just saw a stat that TB is currently undefeated in pro play, yet with his change to Sunder I'm having a hellish time playing him now. Any tips as now that Sunder doesn't stop the cast or attack of the target I'm finding I need to cast it way earlier than I'm used to and the resulting advantage is then pretty negligible?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
He is not undefeated in pro play. Here is his datdota stats - I didn't filter between patch letters b/c or between only like lan finals or tier 1 teams or anything. Last night VC beat down an ZSMJ TB with an offensive bristle trilane, almost throw the game with dives and win anyways. Winning with TB has very little to do with sunder. You probably should focus on how effectively you create and farm with your illusions and the hero.

datdota: Terrorblade

He has a 44% pub winrate as of 6.82c

Heroes - Highest Win Rate, Patch 6.82c - DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Believe the correct stat is he's undefeated with Western teams. Eastern teams build him like naga with Radiance and such.

edit - believe EE is like 6-0

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I really dislike synderen, not sure what it is but he grates on me. Not that any of them are great but at least LD and Zyori kind of try to have personalities.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah, yeah, it really is bad. As for Synderan, he is kind of like Purge, in that they are humorless cunts. I don't care if they know what they are talking about or not, they just grate on you the wrong way.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't mind Zyori as long as I can't see him. Seeing his hair makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
I really can't agree more, he just looks so stupid. What makes it worse is that he's intentionally doing it trying to look fashionable or something. Like Bruno looks like a moron but you know he's just fucking around so it's tolerable.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really dislike synderen, not sure what it is but he grates on me. Not that any of them are great but at least LD and Zyori kind of try to have personalities.
Zyori is incredibly repetitive and constantly incorrectly uses the English language.

The group balance seems pretty f'd up, I imagine its because VP had some upsets but still IAP and VP are weak and Na`Vi is middling while the other group is stacked with EG, C9, Tinker and Alliance.

I've been feeling a bit badly for Alliance as of late, what happened to the innovative team that could pick Loda practically anything for a carry (remember Abaddon, Riki, Centaur about a year ago?)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Because, in my opinion, Alliance are blindly picking their team without regard to wtf is going on with the other team. There seems to be very little counter picking or 'meta' to their game other than, 'lol we can totally win with this lineup Loda has XXX this game and Bulldog is going HAM." Whether it is the patch, the Standin.[A] or whatever, they look pretty scrubby. Apemother is the best thing that has happened to them recently and he needs to be perma rather than Chessie.

EG looks scary and these other teams like Power Rangers have pulled off some good upsets also. But I do love watching Secret and Tinker play.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished watching day1 of starladder. I would love to sit behind the scenes and watch a team like Na'vi or Alliance go over some replays. I would love to listen to those teams pick apart their strats/gameplay. I have a feeling there would be some hot fire being tossed around.

I've watched a lot of dota the last few years, and I think the last month or so notail has played some of the best support I can ever remember.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its not like Loda is some monstrous cave troll, why the fuck do I always have to see that hideous wildebeast nearby?

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I've been feeling a bit badly for Alliance as of late, what happened to the innovative team that could pick Loda practically anything for a carry (remember Abaddon, Riki, Centaur about a year ago?)
That's because the support duo of Akke/EGM was insane back then. Loda was always making horrible decisions and he'd get bailed out repeatedly. This was also when bulldog was pretty much the only one good enough at rat NP (and no one knew how to deal with it).

Now chen/ench are not as important in the meta, LD has somewhat fallen off, everyone can play NP, they kicked EGM and Loda has finally learned how to play a carry... so everyone is giving him all the credit for whatever reason.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Because, in my opinion, Alliance are blindly picking their team without regard to wtf is going on with the other team. There seems to be very little counter picking or 'meta' to their game other than, 'lol we can totally win with this lineup Loda has XXX this game and Bulldog is going HAM." Whether it is the patch, the Standin.[A] or whatever, they look pretty scrubby. Apemother is the best thing that has happened to them recently and he needs to be perma rather than Chessie.

EG looks scary and these other teams like Power Rangers have pulled off some good upsets also. But I do love watching Secret and Tinker play.
Sounds like Navi 6 months ago. Run around the map like idiots and ignore XBOCT dying repeatedly.

I'm not sure whether groups were out before China pulled out, but that might have something to do with it. You also have 1 team from SEA, which are generally regarded as below EU/NA, so one group will be weaker no matter what. I'm rooting for Secret vs EG final with Secret coming out on top, that would be sick.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
It seems like Tinker has absolutely noone making calls inside the game. They're full on decapitated chicken mode.