DOTA 2

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Someone needs to tweet Merlini how to pronounce CLOUD9. Every time it sounds like Clow 9 or Clown 9, etc... just grating on me for some reason.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, Clown 9 isn't that far off given first 2 games vs VP.

Spamming Omni games during the event feels so cheap, but hey, free wins.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol Zai talking shit to C9 after winning dreamleague. I guess when pie said EG were the second best team in the west next to C9, you cantblame him for shouting out second place to them after beating their asses soundly 3-1.

Well played zai, well played. Fuck C9 I hate that team.

Jovec

?
Well, the XMG 2.0 prize pool is currently around $265k. From a base of $50k then the additional $215k is from ticket sales. With tickets at $8 and 25% going to the prize pool, that about $860K in sales. If Valve takes 30%, then $860K - 30% - (860k x 25%) leaves $387k in profit. If that $50K base had to be fronted (probably not, since sponsors), then $337K. Some of that needs to pay for (the creation of) compendium perks. Some may go to LAN finals for team travel/hotels (if they are having them). But it's entirely possible that over $300k goes to the XMG guys as profit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The real question is how do you replicate that kind of success ? Investing in your compendium chest to offer great value seems like a no brainer.

Kuroky Huskar, ladies and gentlemen:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the whole restart was stupid, not sure how that decision was made. Kind of zoned out when stream went down and everything for a bit.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure the reason why The Summit has a high prizepool is because of the items that come with the ticket. Holding a tournament inside of a house with crap production values definitely isn't some awesome event.
I disagree and have been looking forward to this since the first one. The laid back nature and uniqueness is what draws me to this tournament. It was enjoyable watching players cast the games last tournament and just shoot the shit. As opposed to last week where they just had awkward 22 second interviews with brohard. All that being said the delays are stupid as fuck.