DOTA 2

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I remember laughing three years ago and before I spent $150+ that I'd be playing this game for free forever.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
BM and Phoenix in CM...
Phoenix doesn't seem like he'll be a problem, Brood though.... I wonder if they will be banned from DreamHack.

I remember laughing three years ago and before I spent $150+ that I'd be playing this game for free forever.
I still don't get buying cosmetics, I think I've purchased one or two of the ~1$ sets when they've appeared on the sale thing. The cost of some of the sets is absurd, one can literally buy relatively new games for less.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Phoenix doesn't seem like he'll be a problem, Brood though.... I wonder if they will be banned from DreamHack.

I still don't get buying cosmetics, I think I've purchased one or two of the ~1$ sets when they've appeared on the sale thing. The cost of some of the sets is absurd, one can literally buy relatively new games for less.
You can buy 99% of items on the marketplace for peanuts, that's what I spent my trading card and leftover steam wallet money on. Generally, the older the item, the cheaper it is, unless it is limited supply, like the TI immortals.

Another point is that no matter what, I end up playing dota 2 instead of most games in my steam library, so why buy whole games on sale when they don't see any playtime ?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
That was my line of thinking when I first started playing so I really have no rebuttal to that argument. It just became addicting playing dressup :-x Albeit, $50 or $60 of that went to TI contributions. I've put over 2000 hours into this game, so I can't really complain about the amount spent for the entertainment the game has provided.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Money spent on Dota2 for 3 years of entertainment, ~200.

Money spent on WoW for 3 years of entertainment, ~700

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm over 2000 hours now and have probably spent $50 as I sold a courier for $30 that helped a lot. One nitpick now though is the item drop rate is abysmal, I can't remember the last time I actually got a drop. Did the XP boost with TI ruin the market that bad to where now you can't get any item drops? Seems crazy.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I've probably played 70+ games since patch. I have seen 1 item drop in all those games out of every player in them and I still haven't got a drop myself.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Phoenix in theory should be a pretty godly support, escapes and slows along with a save via Nova for any carry that is about to die when you're ult is up.