DOTA 2

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what happens with Secret now. I guess Aui is available now heh.
Dunno, they never even really had a sponsor. With s4 leaving, RTZ leaving, Zai going back to school... Does Puppey really want to try and put together a new All Star team? I say go back to Na'Vi and then TI6 can be like TI3 all over again.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Secret seems to be dead, unless they put faith into some new blood, there's no way they can rebuild anything resembling the old squads, however Kuro/Puppey/Notail could still make a good backbone of any lineup.

EG's new lineup is like the best of the best of NA dota, with ppd on top. I'm curious to see Fear on support, but there's no way he can play on the same level as Kuro/Fy/Aui and ppd is already rather mechanically weak player... Teams seem to be made by their supports and this lineup seems stronger on paper than in reality, but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wtf

Fear support?

Wonder what happens with Na'vi also. Maybe a remerge with Dendi?
He's played support before, that said from the outside you'd think it'd be stronger if they were to boot Fear instead. Probably wouldn't be allowed to given how long Fear has been on EG.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
He's played support before, that said from the outside you'd think it'd be stronger if they were to boot Fear instead. Probably wouldn't be allowed to given how long Fear has been on EG.
To be honest, playing support on NA doesn't take much, there's a reason why they imported Zai originally. I mean even Bulba tried playing it for a while ... But the level is definitely higher now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fear support was quite good as far as I remember from when he had to switch. I forgot why they switched in the first place, but yeah he was doing it fine. Thing to understand also is PPD is basically always the sacrificial 5 support, or almost always, guy apparently loves playing with boots and wards for 60mins. That means you put a dedicated farmer who's pretty inteligent about how to farm on the farming support, which isn't such a stretch. He gets less priority, but he still gets some.

You also have to consider his role other than his ingame performance. He's morale support and probably helpful with a bunch of out of game stuff for the cohesion of the team, which is actually quite important if they want to stay strong for a while.

What remains to be seen though is how his surgery goes and shit. I wouldn't be too surprised if they had to replace him also. Finding a good support, or carry, or anything in the NA scene might be troublesome after that.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea Pyros, I get that....but....it has to be other reasons like you mentioned rather than farming.

Farming 4s who is better on the planet at acquiring farm than him? He always seems to get insane amounts of farm on whatever he plays and he seems like a good teammate. He did miss some ganks and was late helping mid at ti5 but they still won and did well.....idk, if its not broke dont fix it?

As for who will replace C9? We always have Empire and VP to play strong during the season then shit it up at the International or finish 2nd. I also think Europe is suffering like NA did, with the lack of a lot of fresh blood. Most prominent one I can think of is Sonneiko right now but even he has his struggles.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ugh, really think it would have been better for him to step down and move to a coaching / admin role.

There might also be a chance rtz is corrosive.

Taking rtz to replace fear, with fear being a coach, makes the team stronger. While I think losing aui has a real chance of weakening the team.

Will have to see tho... Those rtz secret jerseys are collector items now!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't have anything to add to this pro discussion, so ignore me if you want.

If any of you for some reason want to help me out and watch a few of my last matches, I could use some pointers (not sure if you can watch matches by ID). I've definitely noticed quite a few things I need to work on, but some I could really use advice on (like item selection). Others, like ward placement and not feeding, are things I know I'm fucking up, but need to practice. Then there are things like whether I'm doing what I should be in lane, etc.

My last three are: 1714717129, 1714624351, 1714533570. I did those with RR members and played a different support each time.

If you can't do it by match ID, my Steam account is:Steam Community :: Gravel

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, you should enable your match history in the settings, much easier for us to sift through your games than downloading them through the client

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its really hard to judge these games in limited hero pool. There is no punishment for abandoning games in those matches, and it seems like over half your games have an abandon on one side or the other.

The two games you linked above you bought Mek and used it zero times, and one time throughout the game, and you have really low hero dmg in all three games (3.1k dmg as Jakiro with Aghs? Thats like one ult...). Just concentrate on getting your spells off in fights as support. It looks like barn/grif kinda carried you though.

Once you get out of the newbie limited hero pool shit it'll be easier to analyze your games, looking at 4v5 stomps doesnt really tell you much.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's why I was specifically talking about the last 3 since those weren't those limited games. But I'll play more games to hopefully get a better idea (and it may resolve more things as I actually play more).

Your damage point does get into my one question, and that is, as a support should I be trying to gank more or something? I mostly just let the carry last hit everything and harass when I can. Occasionally we'll get a gank, but that's about it. And I did notice on one of my games (I think it was that Jakiro one) that I didn't use my ult at all. That's probably a problem I have often, to be honest. What HD should I have as a support in these beginner stages? Like, if I can hit X damage should I consider that a successful game?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Jakiro is pretty slow hero, I wouldn't recommend him for beginners. Ganking is what you should be trying to do if your carry is fine alone or you are getting owned in lane regardless, at your skill level you make sure you have enough mana, buy a tp scroll in side shop, tp to one of the other lanes and take advnatage of the numbers - 3v2/2v1. Obviously you need some sort of disable and to make sure the other guy isn't at zero mana and HP before jumping the enemy and then to approach from an angle they won't expect. Obviously, you need a lot of experience to know what gank is viable and when the enemy will laugh at you or even worse kill you, but you should definitely try doing it.

Cybsled

Jakiro ult is mostly effective for tower pushing/tower defense and big teamfights. It is very easy to escape from his ult, even if you are fast on using the ice path stun.

If you are doing Jak support, his no-mana required fireball attack is a must. In fact, I typically max that out 1st in a support role, since it serves multiple purposes: The dot works on towers and slows the tower attack AND it makes a great harassment tool, as you can just keep using it vs. enemy heroes and not waste any mana. It does some pretty good damage early on, so it is a surefire way to make them use up all their tangos or focus on regen early game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
With wards, does one player usually do the whole map at the start, or is it split based on whichever lane you're going to? Not a single guide I've read mentions this, and so far I've been doing both, but it seems like a waste of running around.