DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't think anyone really wins a man fight with troll, then add in grave & treant backing him up.
Axe does.

Anyway, I'm not the biggest fan of this meta, you live or die by your teamfight, but it seems like the hero variety didn't suffer by 7.00. It's great for the plays, but all the games kind of blur together at this point.

Cybsled

Laughed hard at the close-out crowd montage being almost 100% CIS girls. They definitely read twitch chat haha

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
My OG fanboiness is super paying off lately.

I thought they were on the way to losing pretty badly way early in this major and holy shit here we are. Bracket intact bois.

Cybsled

They've been Major assassins, but never able to pull it off in the big one. Guess we will see in a few months.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to seeing more of enchantress, Lil was doing crazy dmg that last game and her talents are very good as well

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Looking forward to seeing more of enchantress, Lil was doing crazy dmg that last game and her talents are very good as well
Ench is fun, but she still has several glaring weakpoints to be a regular pick. Low dps until you get 2-3 items and her damage is mana dependent on top of not the biggest mana pool/regen. Then you have the OD problem, where bkb turns her into a ranged creep and if the enemy is running at you, impetus does next to nothing. Her itemization is also wonky, you want Midas to speed up your farm, but Enchant directly reduces your farm if you use it, so good Midas timing depends on several ganks going well. You want Lance and Aghs for the dps and hp, but bkb and facerush heroes stomp you anyway. You want mana regen to sustain your damage, but those items rarely give so much dps and the better your attack speed, the faster you burn through your mana.

Basically she is best picked as 4, but that position is reserved for your scrappy space creator ala ES/MK/Riki/BH, so you need to have that in your draft already and she needs significantly more farm to be useful late.

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I just finished watching the grand finals. Individually VP played much better although I didn't think OG played as well as they can.

You can tell where VPs strategy falls apart. They get super aggressive, get ahead and then brute force their way to stay ahead. But they fail to see when that strategy won't work. Best example is game 5. They actually outdrafted OG but didn't see the path to victory. All they had to do was keep troll of them but instead they itemize down the brute force way. Ench going for MKb was a mistake. An offensive attos, defensive cape on OD, etc would have gone a lot further. Same with alchy...selling a defensive item and going for satanic was retarded. Atos, force staff, Euls l, etc would have been infinitely better as well. It really shows their inability to adapt to the game. It's bruteforce/slam your dicks or nothing.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Not very often. I think that unlike the versatility of Force Staff which warrants the price, Atos fills a specific utility void at 2200g that most pros seem to be able to live without or find a way around/better option for the money.

I don't know though, I could be entirely wrong. I watch a shitload of pro DoTA though of all teams and regions and don't see it that much.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most I've seen it in pro games was with Skywrath when he was being picked a lot but even then it wasnt built as often. Its one of those things in dota that they will keep buffing and buffing until it becomes too good to pass up and then it will get nerfed.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thing is about atos, force staff counters it in every way, the heroes that will usually build it have a specific skillshot they need to land.. force staff nullifies it completely

Silencer is excluded, hes all about that thicc INT

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aui2000 used to advocate for it a lot, though never bought it ;) I think the issue is that its too expensive for a support and not a good build-up for cores with the current pace of the game, especially now that Hurricane Pike exists.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea casters even referred to it as Rod of Aui for awhile, but as was already said force staff and other support items are just better.