DOTA 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh you read it correctly!
I wonder how offlane is going to work now... i can't imagine seeing a consistent 1 man offlane anymore if you're gonna lose an extra 20% of your exp and they're virtually going to gain another 30% lol

Plus no shrine for 5 minutes

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You underestimate the will of people to play PvE.

We will see a lot more 2/1/2 in pro games, or the era of the ranged offlaner is back.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shadow Fiend, Sniper, Gyro, and other ranged CS/Deny kings are going to be prominent, in all lanes...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Looks like some fun stuff, will be interesting between now and quals.

Excited about the Jakiro change, 30; second long macropyre that is pure and pierces magic immunity? Okay please come here and siege my towers.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I love the big numbered patches. Icefrog always pulls out some crazy shit and this one is no exception. The deny XP is fucking massive. Denies are back on the menu boys! Heaven's Halberd is now amazing since BKB can't counter it. Io getting his stun back at 25 is good, although no where near as good as having it at level 1.

Also, a lot of sources of gold got nerfed, but you now lose a little less on death.

Edit: Dazzle's scepter LOOOOOOOL. Thank god they nerfed Alch's Greevil's Greed again, that Aghs is ridiculous. Shit, Silencer's Aghs is amazing too.

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are the chances you can deny friendly heroes and get 30% of the exp? LOL

Imma kill some mother fuckers. You have been warned.

Needless

Toe Sucker
7.06, the anti-BKB patch

Sumail is going to be even better now lol, 2v1 mid lane or insta-lose

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
TBH I think the creep deny is a bit overstated, it's the most important in mid where you can have pretty lopsided matchups, or that you don't want to leave the safelaner without an offlaner to contest, on the other hand it is easier than ever to catch up in the jungle with bounties on top, so I think we will see real tricore lineups again, instead of the classic dualcore + sustain/initiator in 7.05.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
With the new deny xp mechanic, i dont see how trees usaage rate doesnt skyrocket. Ton of utility already and with his base damage being so high its just inevitable.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
With the new deny xp mechanic, i dont see how trees usaage rate doesnt skyrocket. Ton of utility already and with his base damage being so high its just inevitable.
Generally if there's a tree sitting in a lane at lvl 1, you are relieved, since there is nobody running at your mid, killing your courrier or stealing your bounty runes. Like you can deny a few creeps in lane here and there, but generally your time is better spent getting more xp and gold in the jungle. However, now you can pull and deny your own creeps giving you even more xp...

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
The anti jungle patch. All jungle creeps got nerfed -20% gold and exp. Dual lanes are the thing. I just see all of my pubs being nightmares at 2 k cause some asshole will still try to jungle and the other 4 will flame the fuck out of him. I agree with you guys about ranged denying but also think melee carries with a quelling blade. Trying to out CS a jugg or lifestealer with a qb is tough.

Needless

Toe Sucker
-20% but... also spawn twice as often

imma jungle WK, buy a blink dagger into bloodstone and just blink in deny for dank AOE stun wombo combo setups.

50k MMR strat

Needless

Toe Sucker
69k mmr strat:

1. Pick Windranger
2. Get 20, pick windwalk grants invisibility
3. Get an octarine core
4. Get 25, pick 30% CDR
5. Always be invisible and evade physical attacks

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The anti jungle patch. All jungle creeps got nerfed -20% gold and exp. Dual lanes are the thing. I just see all of my pubs being nightmares at 2 k cause some asshole will still try to jungle and the other 4 will flame the fuck out of him. I agree with you guys about ranged denying but also think melee carries with a quelling blade. Trying to out CS a jugg or lifestealer with a qb is tough.
You can still get the odd last hit with nukes and often they have to choose between CS and denies. And if they overdo it, they end up destabilizing the creep equilibrium one way or another. Past the first 10 minutes, it hardly matters.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Also now that drow, sand king, and blightstone/deso are no longer considered considered unique attack modifiers its down to just AM, OD, and morbid mask/satanic/MoM being unique attack modifiers. Not sure why icrfrog doesn't just finish them off for good. I don't think satanic on AM or OD would be unbalanced.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck this shit is crazy! We are so close to a TI, I didn't expect anything this radical.

Pulling into jungle and denying for a shitload of exp is insane now...

5 min fountain change doesn't do a whole lot except kind of fucks with the rune contention turn around (which I thought were interesting and fun anyway).

40min double runes is nice, IMO.

Cybsled

Navi/Secret Epicenter match got pushed to the 19th. Not TI or even a major, but a big tournament. The deny XP thing and Magnus change will work in Dendi's favor.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Haven't played in forever but a lot of these changes make me want to again? Pretty much only ever play support and now with the xp from denying it got me a little hard