DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The idea is genius, it's just that... I don't know, it's still a fucking wisp. Nobody plays that hero.

Cybsled

If you get a multi-kill on Io with the new arcana, it hums the "this is a triumph" song

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I've been idling in foh, and firesofheaven. People seem to populate both and only 1 randomly. No fucking idea how hard it is to get this to happen in general

• 1Like

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Fuck a channel, we should just create an in house league with extended friends to fill it out

Also, people from these boards are spread out MMR wise as all fuck. I have a 1k (lol I call it my Aquarium account) a 2k and a 4.2k account with a shitload of random smurfing inbetween. I can't blame someone for not wanting to fuck their shit up, even though there is always the Unranked pub stomp options, it's not as fun knowing you can't move that into the Ranked option if you'd want because you're all way too spread - even if a team vibes well.

With in house custom matches we could just keep our own scores and stats and build teams for public Valve DoTA matchmaking from there.

To be honest I had been thinking about it for a long time but I don't get to play as much as I'd like at all (read: basically weekends only) and even though I sometimes play 10 hours a session during those times, it's not as important as just being around for a game or two every day or so. That being said, I had started working out system for stat tracking an in house league simply based off of the Custom Matches options in the DoTA client, but I lack any sort of coding / development talent to turn it into some sort of automated system.

Long story short, I'm sure if we put our heads together we could compile a system of criteria for rankings based on in-house matches and find a simple method of documenting it (even just a thread here on the boards).

Just an idea, IDK

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
We tried in house way back and it turned into ridiculous toxicity for what it was. After a few games of that it never happened again.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As much as I like the idea and the effort, I don't think an in-house league is realistic. We do not have the bodies to fill it out and there is ranked play already for people that need to scratch the competitive itch. Ask Ut if you think coordinating this type of thing is easy, haha.

People just need to find one another in the channels (foh, firesofheaven, rerolled) and friend-add each other. Once you have friend added a number of people, play together, get to know one another, and have fun. It takes care of itself.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just wish we had a list of active players and their mmr's. I have no idea what names half of you play on , what skill level you are, etc. It makes it tough to build a community that plays together when you just see random names in a chat channel that nobody talks in.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I just wish we had a list of active players and their mmr's. I have no idea what names half of you play on , what skill level you are, etc. It makes it tough to build a community that plays together when you just see random names in a chat channel that nobody talks in.
shouldn't be hard to do get an admin to make a sticky

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I didn't realize how fucking easy Lina was...Played her for the first time since Dota just now for the daily. Just retardedly easy.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, you can alias the names on friends list to show up as board names, even if they change. Depending on how drunk I am and what song I'm listening to my name can change 4 times a night, but I try to always revert back to Available Light.

And to in-house league is a terrible idea. If you think regular pubs are toxic or the politics thread is too much, the in-house league turned in to 10x worse.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I love n0tail, guy cracks me the fuck up lol

they mention timber counters alchemist, what makes that so?
Reactive armor counters high AS heroes, Whirling death removes extra dmg on top of hp on str heroes and he's mobile to run circles around him, not to mention low hp alchemist can't outrun chakram and regen.

• 1Solidarity

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Just watched it, the subtitles make VP sound a lot more rage-y than the phrases in russian. Slavic languages like sarcastic swearing and hyperbole, which is pretty difficult to translate. The storyline as a setup for TI works perfectly though.