DOTA 2

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Sumail on the panel impressed me a lot. He used to be the absolute last person on EG who would do interviews or such because he was so young and awkward. Now he is coming into his own, also him pointing out that No[0]ne could have split second noticed that his smoke didn't pop when he chrono'd the Replicate was really sharp. I wouldn't even think of that.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That last game was unreal, grand finals quality gameplay.

Im so hyped for the next few days

Good to meet you btw fight!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why's that? To me, I think the ranked MM in dota2 seems to have proven itself to be a bad idea those games are filled with cancerous shits.

LoL lets you choose your role before you queue which avoids people fighting for lanes and gives an incentive to play support since you queue times are usually lower. They also have tiers in addition to your mmr number, kinda like CS:GO.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
LoL lets you choose your role before you queue which avoids people fighting for lanes and gives an incentive to play support since you queue times are usually lower. They also have tiers in addition to your mmr number, kinda like CS:GO.
The tiers don't really do shit but the role queue stuff sounded nice yeah, other than the drama when someone decides they actually don't want to play support anymore or whatever. Not sure how it's enforced nowadays but back then you could queue and still pick whatever I think.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The tiers don't really do shit but the role queue stuff sounded nice yeah, other than the drama when someone decides they actually don't want to play support anymore or whatever. Not sure how it's enforced nowadays but back then you could queue and still pick whatever I think.
Still wouldn't work in Dota since the roles are much more fluid, especially as pos 4.

I think it was Ghostcrawler who was blogging about MMR, that showing it to players is essentially useless, since the number is only important to ensure that you have a good game, regardless of how big it is. Player's goal to make it go up or down is completely missing the point, because did you really become better or worse player after winning or losing 4 games ? Probably not. That way tiers make much more sense than a raw number. Measuring your skill in MOBA is much more difficult, which is why Dota measures it only in wins and losses, anything more would eventually be contraproductive.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That last game was unreal, grand finals quality gameplay.

Im so hyped for the next few days

Good to meet you btw fight!

@Fight Needless Needless sorry about yesterday, we had some car trouble at the airport and didn't get to the arena until almost 4:30. At that point I just wanted to watch DotA. Will shoot you a text this morning and probably hit up the beer tent after the Empire + Liquid game.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Pretty impressive, Liquid solved their greedy support problem by drafting weird cores that draw so much attention alone. Unless you can snowball from minute 1, you will have a break in your tempo where they can get back in the driver's seat.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fucking LOL.

Kaci is standing in front of a giant crowd and shouts "Do you all like winning stuff?" *Cheers* "Well here's a video recorded earlier of people winning stuff!"

Ultimate troll job.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Day9 has a bunch of stupid lines he's decided to use. Yesterday he claimed LGD was on a tear, despite losing 2-0 to VP the day before. Today word for word same line but Empire instead of LGD...

Tiers seem dumb to me, if its just based on grinding out matches win or lose - that already exists its the level on your profile. Role I guess, for me I always just filled in whatever though so /shrug

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That gh crush just saved Miracle big time and probably clinched the win. Good play.

Edit: Damn that was an ass beating.